Sign in to follow this  
beavisCZ

Map dependency

Hello is there map dependecy by product owned? I would like to make simple training mission usable by any game version. Is it possible to use Lapino map or it is also linked to some product version?

Salutations.

I don't think there is a map limitation if one purchases the module requiring it. The Lapino map should be usable with any module.

Although there is a craft dependency based upon each module owned. Individual modules come with certain aircraft and or armored vehicles.

Special Collector Craft come at the extra cost of the modules Premium Editions.

There are also the special discount sales that are presented every so often. :coffee:

Edited by Thad

To add to @Thad's comment...

In the mission editor realm, you can place ANY entity regardless of owning said entity.  This includes using any map to develop a mission. However, if you set the "playable plane(s)" as a plane that you don't own in the mission editor, then you will not be able to test your mission in the game (as the craft dependency is based on the actual game, not the mission editor).

So for example if I use Lapino map for my mission, it will be playable for everyone. But if I use Yak-1 69 plane from Stalingrad as playable aircraft, then it need Stalingrad game ok? Is it possible to make choose playable aircraft at start of mission or it is static?

As Thad stated previously, maps are not dependent on any owned module. Planes are though.

So in your example, everyone can connect to your mission, but only those pilots that own BOS will be able to fly the yak 69. Any pilots that do not own BOS, will not be able to fly. However, they can still spectate, if you enabled spectate in your server config.

Your last question - it depends on if you set up a mission for dog fight or if you set up a mission for cooperative play.

If you set up your mission for dog fight, then you'll use an airfield MCU. Inside that airfield MCU, you add the planes that you want to be able to fly, when running the server. Players would spawn at the airfield MCU that you created in the mission editor and select from the available airplanes in the list of airplanes that you selected when creating the mission. 

If you set up your mission for cooperative, then you will set individual planes for each player in the mission editor. When the server starts, players select their individual plane and fly from there.

The big difference between dog fight and cooperative, is a dogfight mission allows you to select different planes but doesn't really limit the amount of planes players can take in a mission. 

Cooperative does limit the amount of planes, in this case one plane per player. If a player dies, bails out, or otherwise crashes - then they're out for that mission. It's a little bit more realistic in this case, but also harsher to your player base.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

I want to make simple single player mission for basic fly training. But it would be great to choose aircraft at start of mission.

7 minutes ago, beavisCZ said:

I want to make simple single player mission for basic fly training. But it would be great to choose aircraft at start of mission.

I think we all want that ability. The only way is through the quick missions system in the game. 

Or to create a mission in the mission editor, and constantly go into the mission via the mission editor and change the plane to whatever you want to fly. Re-save said mission, and then go into the game a fly with that plane.

OK, thank you for explanation. So it is not possible to make "universal" mission. 

Just now, beavisCZ said:

OK, thank you for explanation. So it is not possible to make "universal" mission. 

Not for single player, because you're assigning a single 'plane MCU' entity to the player in the mission editor.