Vendigo

Cockpit view problem

Hello all, here's the problem - somehow the default cockpit view in I-16 got permanently dislocated to the left side, I can move the head around but whenever I re-center the view, it comes back to the position shown in the screenshot. 

All other aircraft are ok.

Please help bring it back where it must be, thanks! 

Spoiler

2019_2_7__19_5_27.jpg.f9d9a56c0e2f494cb96c4f4dc1e63414.jpg

Edited by Vendigo

Make sure IL-2 isn't running then navigate to this folder....

C:\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\LuaScripts\snapviews

....and delete this file - i16t24.svc

When you fire up IL-2 the views should be reset to default.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2019 at 2:45 AM, Valis said:

Make sure IL-2 isn't running then navigate to this folder....

C:\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\LuaScripts\snapviews

....and delete this file - i16t24.svc

When you fire up IL-2 the views should be reset to default.

Even better: go into the defaults folder there and copy the relevant file there back into the snapviews folder. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Holy cow, I had this same exact problem in my IL-2 1941 for the past week of trying to practice ground attack and I couldn't hit a thing lol. My sight is finally recentered 😄

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2019 at 12:08 PM, Big_Al_the_Allo said:

maybe a stupid question, how did you try to recenter it? It should be working when you use F10 ?  Are you using TrackIR/VR ?

I am using TrackIR and to re-center the view I press F12 when using it, and "num5" when playing IL-2 without TrackIR.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Vendigo said:

I am using TrackIR and to re-center the view I press F12 when using it, and "num5" when playing IL-2 without TrackIR.  

Ok if I remember correctly, when you press f10, you should be able to solve your problem - you are changing the standard recenter position. This means that every time you reposition it brings you back to your chosen position. Or you can try to do it like LukeFF said.

i hope you can fix your problem :salute:

Rico

• Thanks 1

Vendigo,

Are you centering the head view using the Pilot Head Control commands:   Insert/Home/Delete/End/PgUp/PgDn?  Once you use those and get the position you want do you press F10 to save the head position?

You can put the default .svc file back in but you'll have to go back and re-set all your changes to the snap views.

• Thanks 1

Had the same problem, after countless tries I finally found this thread.

Reseting  data\LuaScripts\snapviews  solved the problem.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, czech693 said:

Are you centering the head view using the Pilot Head Control commands:   Insert/Home/Delete/End/PgUp/PgDn?  Once you use those and get the position you want do you press F10 to save the head position?

You can put the default .svc file back in but you'll have to go back and re-set all your changes to the snap views.

I am just using TrackIR and I didn't do any changes to snap views, in fact I think it all started when I accidentally pressed some combination on the keyboard, maybe moved the mouse at the same time. I just could not figure our how to bring the view back to correct position.

Thank you everybody for advice, now I have solved the problem, deleting the old svc file did the trick! 

Edited by Vendigo
  • Like 1