Jump to content
TP_Jacko

Coop mission builder guide

Recommended Posts

Folks, is there a set of tips and instructiobs fir making coop missions. 

 

Is it possibke to have separate mission briefs for allied & axis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot have separate briefings.

 

Re. co-op missions, try the DRAFT extract below, from the new manual (wip).

FYI, apparently the note in step 6a does not apply any more due to item 35 in the v3.006 change log:

35. AI has learned how to control the advanced (player controllable) tanks, they can be used in missions

 

2071334441_DRAFTExtractFromFMEManual-CreateaMultiplayerMissionThatPlayersMustJoinattheStart-1_Page_1.thumb.png.5fd57b91f4a8d0901103210e7c760c70.png

1007290630_DRAFTExtractFromFMEManual-CreateaMultiplayerMissionThatPlayersMustJoinattheStart-1_Page_2.thumb.png.bd565eaf9ae06296c056a0409b3470a0.png

465753100_DRAFTExtractFromFMEManual-CreateaMultiplayerMissionThatPlayersMustJoinattheStart-1_Page_3.thumb.png.a2c6e056560b3361094115a0ad1fdd73.png

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimTM said:

You cannot have separate briefings.

 

Re. co-op missions, try the DRAFT extract below, from the new manual (wip).

 

:yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having the ability to separate briefings is a huge overlook on their part I think. Hopefully the feature can be introduced soon along with the ability of maybe including clickable images or links that open a larger picture (like a recon photo) or a online page for more immersion ... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how triggering audio (mp3) during a co-op game works? can/will the files used be downloaded from the host? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NETSCAPE said:

Does anyone know how triggering audio (mp3) during a co-op game works? can/will the files used be downloaded from the host? 

 

See here and here (two posts).

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell the main audio volume setting in game affects all the game audio as normal, but not the audio being played that I have triggered in the editor. 

 

I have my in-game volume set to 10% so I can hear people on comms. I can hear the music, actually the level was perfect my first try. 

 

However, a quick test showed that turning the main game volume up to 30, 40 or 50% quickly drowned out the music. 

 

So that's a no go on that idea... too bad. I mean, for it to work properly everyone would have to set their in-game volume % to the same... not gonna happen. 

 

@Gambit21 I really hope you adjust your the volume if you're using custom triggered sound files (i think you mentioned doing this or planning on custom voice stuff)... it's not going to work. If your sound files actually replaced stock IL-2 sounds that would work though. 

 

Edit: Sometimes I really suck at articulating my thoughts... to see what I mean pick any .mp3 song you have. trigger it to play in the ME. be sure to put yourself in a plane so you have some constant in-game sound. As the song plays and your engine roars, go to game audio settings, crank the volume down to 0%. All game sounds will stop but the music level will not change. 

 

I suppose in my case a work around would be to increase the audio loudness. It will seem too loud for people who play the game at 10-20% volume but barely adequate for someone above 50%.

Edited by NETSCAPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JimTM. Thanks for the draft a nice treat to see this. 

 

For separate briefings I guess you could add text to way points to build up the plan or use a sub title mcu all set to seen only by the chosen faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

As far as I can tell the main audio volume setting in game affects all the game audio as normal, but not the audio being played that I have triggered in the editor. 

 

I have my in-game volume set to 10% so I can hear people on comms. I can hear the music, actually the level was perfect my first try. 

 

However, a quick test showed that turning the main game volume up to 30, 40 or 50% quickly drowned out the music. 

 

So that's a no go on that idea... too bad. I mean, for it to work properly everyone would have to set their in-game volume % to the same... not gonna happen. 

 

@Gambit21 I really hope you adjust your the volume if you're using custom triggered sound files (i think you mentioned doing this or planning on custom voice stuff)... it's not going to work. If your sound files actually replaced stock IL-2 sounds that would work though. 

 

Edit: Sometimes I really suck at articulating my thoughts... to see what I mean pick any .mp3 song you have. trigger it to play in the ME. be sure to put yourself in a plane so you have some constant in-game sound. As the song plays and your engine roars, go to game audio settings, crank the volume down to 0%. All game sounds will stop but the music level will not change. 

 

I suppose in my case a work around would be to increase the audio loudness. It will seem too loud for people who play the game at 10-20% volume but barely adequate for someone above 50%.

 

Not sure I understand your problem.

Sound files/ play and sound just fine.and I haven’t given a thought to or even looked at the main audio setting.

 

 

Edited by Gambit21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×