StG2_Raven

settings Request for Pimax 5K+ with GTX 1070 8GB

Hi guys,

I need help. Does anyone of a Pimax 5k + and a GTX 1070 in use? If so, can you send me your settings from PiTool and Steam and IL2?

Many thanks in advance

best regards

Edited by StG2_Raven

Won't be of a nice help, but I've heard in a serious review that the Pimax 5K was requiring a GTX 1080 minimum.. Looks to be a demanding HMD.

I have not a 1070, but basically you will need to unload the 1070 as much as possible to obtain a pleasant experience in terms of fps and eye candy. Some people are fine with 45fps others no so much. Your CPU/RAM also plays a role here, so please describe your PC.

Here you can see some test with different SS values with the IL-2 VR test.

I would start by using the IL-2 VR test settings but with Balanced graphics, for the pimax use Normal FOV, Pitool RQ=1 and SteamVR SS = 30% and see how fluid it is and how beauty are the graphics. 

You can also experiment with the Pitool beta which includes other frequencies (72Hz, and 65Hz)

• Thanks 1

Raven got an RTX2080ti now 😍

If anyone has experience with the Pimax5k+ with RTX2080ti, it would be very interesting on what SteamVR's SS and the PiTool settings can achieve on Supersampling without bottlenecking.

Thanks already at chiliwili69, that data plus graph are really interesting!

Not really surprised that he considered upgrading his GC.. And that's a hell of an upgrade here !

You can try Q 1.5 and SS 30%, small FOV, PP on, 64 Hz refresh rate. I'm on windows 7 so Smart Smoothing doesn't work, but that should also help alot. Try to keep vertical render target over 2100 for acceptable PQ. I get around 35-60 fps depending on scenario. Paralel projections are problem with 1070, they tank FPS and most games that require it are not really playable with good PQ. I do get decent performance and looks  in all games that don't need it. Honestly i'm looking for upgrade to a used 1080ti before i'll play IL2 seriously.