SYN_Vander

IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

But more importantly: I see there is a need for changing skins on the other planes as part of the mission generator? 

To be honest was going to add that would be great to be able to change skins through the generator, along with settings to use the WW1 aircraft instead. But did not say so for not being one to want to badger with more requests.

Edited by Oliver88

Well WW1 support will definitely come as I am a big fan, but I will wait for the proper map and units to be available. The skin chaning part I already am looking into, but it is not  easy to implement.

21 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Well WW1 support will definitely come as I am a big fan, but I will wait for the proper map and units to be available. 

I was hoping you'd say that Vander!  Great news:biggrin:.

Once again; many thanks for this fantastically useful mission generator:salute:.

Thanks for job Vander !

Works fine here. Easy to install and to use --> Master piece for me and my friends 😉

Only one question: Do you think it's possible to have the same missions generator for Tanks users (Tank crew of course) ??? 

Anyway... Thanks again for your great job.

JP

Great tool, and thanks for all yourwork that must have gone into this .... !!

On 8/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, =OT=BAT13 said:

Thanks for job Vander !

Works fine here. Easy to install and to use --> Master piece for me and my friends 😉

Only one question: Do you think it's possible to have the same missions generator for Tanks users (Tank crew of course) ??? 

Anyway... Thanks again for your great job.

JP

Tank missions could be made using the same tools. However, I would need time to analyze what makes a good tank mission and translate this to templates. Right now, I'm focusing on aicraft and that takes all my time. Perhaps if someone could help out on this? Someone who has already created some tanking missions/scenario's?

Hi Vander

First: Thanks for your answer ! Really appreciated 😉

I understand the "problem" . Certainly a lot of work...

EMG is a GREAT tool and you are right to focus on planes. 

Thanks again.

Have a nice day 

JP

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

New version!

Release notes v17:
-Added option to start in the air, near the objective
-Added period for each map. Objective locations now change with lines/date (only 3 periods supported now)
-Scalable UI - only needed if buttons do not fit in the window
-Reworked take-off and form-up logic of blue flight
-Added formation commands to both blue and red flights
-Reworked algorithm to generate waypoints
-Removed airfield option between close & far, there wasn't much difference
-Mission orders now in briefing, not using subtitles
-Changed flare timer when coming in to land
-Fixed a number of plane Ids in non-historical plane list

-Overcast will not occur with random weather
-Minor bug fixes

Download link on the first page as usual.

This is a big update, so I expect some bugs. Please report back if you find anything!

I will now focus on:

-MP "Dogfight" support

-Multiple countries support (preparing for Bodenplatte and Flying Circus) 

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hi Vander,

That is great news!

Thanks a lot for your time and dedication.

The option "air start" is really great. Thanks!

Best regards,

On 8/13/2019 at 3:53 AM, SYN_Vander said:

Tank missions could be made using the same tools. However, I would need time to analyze what makes a good tank mission and translate this to templates. Right now, I'm focusing on aicraft and that takes all my time. Perhaps if someone could help out on this? Someone who has already created some tanking missions/scenario's?

Salutations,

I've been know to make a tank mission or two. I enjoy the challenge of making good single player tank missions. If I can help, I'd be glad to give it a try. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

I've been know to make a tank mission or two. I enjoy the challenge of making good single player tank missions. If I can help, I'd be glad to give it a try. 

Hi Thad,

Thanks for the offer. I'll try to describe what I'm looking for and send you a pm later.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Just to say thank you again ++++++++
 Because thanks to your work I was able to participate in the creation of some nice past and future cooperatives for our group and sometimes other invited pilots. Great working base that greatly simplifies the "complex" editing of missions in Greats Battles.

47714870512_3de97b596b_o.jpg

Edited by NN_Elanion
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can't wait for its use in MP missions. It works so great for coops. Thank you for all these great efforts. 

Edited by Deacon352nd

On 8/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, SYN_Vander said:

New version!

Release notes v17:
-Added option to start in the air, near the objective
-Added period for each map. Objective locations now change with lines/date (only 3 periods supported now)
-Scalable UI - only needed if buttons do not fit in the window
-Reworked take-off and form-up logic of blue flight
-Added formation commands to both blue and red flights
-Reworked algorithm to generate waypoints
-Removed airfield option between close & far, there wasn't much difference
-Mission orders now in briefing, not using subtitles
-Changed flare timer when coming in to land
-Fixed a number of plane Ids in non-historical plane list

-Overcast will not occur with random weather
-Minor bug fixes

Download link on the first page as usual.

This is a big update, so I expect some bugs. Please report back if you find anything!

I will now focus on:

-MP "Dogfight" support

-Multiple countries support (preparing for Bodenplatte and Flying Circus) 

Great news for the dogfight mod.

Version 18 has been released! This adds support for "Dogfight"  mode as well. I will now focus on Tank Crew support.

Download link as usual in the first post.

Version 18 release notes:

-Added MP "Dogfight" option. Players can respawn. There will be no flight plans. AI is optional, but will not respawn so keep max mission duration around 1 hour

-Added option "Additional AI flights". On by default (has been so far), but can be switched off to have MP without AI or to lower number of total AI planes in SP/Coop
-A secondary target is now also chosen. In Dogfight mode this will be shown on the map as well

-Changed AAA spawn groups so they work both for SP/Coop and Dogfight mode

-Front markers on map will show before you choose a side (In Dogfight mode)
-Added option 'Any' under plane selection list. In 'Single Player'/'Cooperative' this will randomly select a type. In 'Dogfight' mode this will add all types to the spawn airfield
-Added "Any" also as option for targets. A random primary target for the scenario will be chosen.
-The briefing will now mention which planes have been chosen
-Added ship targets to all maps. If operations area is not close to the sea, river boats will be chosen.
-Fixed bug where Axis attack flight would not continue to target when airstart
-Fuel quantity when airstart is now 60% of default start value
-Minor bug fixes

• Thanks 9

You, sir, are something of a legend!

Great work once again.

Great work, you generator is excellent

you think it's possible to have the train objective in ground attack mission ?  For train strafing with P-47 for example.
And to have the airfield objective in bombing mission... for big bombing with He111 ?

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Great works. i'm going to test the dogfight option. 🙂

I just used the generator and a very interesting mission came out but when I tried to regenerate the next mission, the program does not quite start. Windows Task Manager shows it as running in processes but does not show in applications!?

1 hour ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

I just used the generator and a very interesting mission came out but when I tried to regenerate the next mission, the program does not quite start. Windows Task Manager shows it as running in processes but does not show in applications!?

There is a popup window after the mission has been generated. Did you click on okay? It can be hidden if you click on another window...

Edited by SYN_Vander

16 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

There is a popup window after the mission has been generated. Did you click on okay? It can be hidden if you click on another window...

Well, the first mission was successfully generated and I went through it, it encouraged me to generate the next one, but after clicking the generator icon, the program simply does not display on the monitor and can not be seen in the applications, but is only shown by the manager as an active process and I don't know what happened.

1 hour ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

Well, the first mission was successfully generated and I went through it, it encouraged me to generate the next one, but after clicking the generator icon, the program simply does not display on the monitor and can not be seen in the applications, but is only shown by the manager as an active process and I don't know what happened.

Mmmm, I would like to know how to reproduce it so I can investigate.

17 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Mmmm, I would like to know how to reproduce it so I can investigate.

I just finished the investigation ;) It turned out that Kaspersky treats the generator as a threat and does not allow the program to run completely, now I will check if I can generate the mission and play.

Vander, thanks for reacting.

Edited by 8ELT_Grzesiek

4 minutes ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

I just finished the investigation ;) It turned out that Kaspersky treats the generator as a threat and does not allow the program to run completely, now I will check if I can generate the mission and play.

Vander, thanks for reacting.

Ah...well better safe than sorry !! 😊

superb work .. nice and easy to use too !  what are the chances of a tank  crew version please ?

atb oxo

5 hours ago, 123UKoxo-uk said:

superb work .. nice and easy to use too !  what are the chances of a tank  crew version please ?

atb oxo

On 8/31/2019 at 10:10 AM, SYN_Vander said:

Version 18 has been released! This adds support for "Dogfight"  mode as well. I will now focus on Tank Crew support.

Download link as usual in the first post.

Version 18 release notes:

-Added MP "Dogfight" option. Players can respawn. There will be no flight plans. AI is optional, but will not respawn so keep max mission duration around 1 hour

-Added option "Additional AI flights". On by default (has been so far), but can be switched off to have MP without AI or to lower number of total AI planes in SP/Coop
-A secondary target is now also chosen. In Dogfight mode this will be shown on the map as well

-Changed AAA spawn groups so they work both for SP/Coop and Dogfight mode

-Front markers on map will show before you choose a side (In Dogfight mode)
-Added option 'Any' under plane selection list. In 'Single Player'/'Cooperative' this will randomly select a type. In 'Dogfight' mode this will add all types to the spawn airfield
-Added "Any" also as option for targets. A random primary target for the scenario will be chosen.
-The briefing will now mention which planes have been chosen
-Added ship targets to all maps. If operations area is not close to the sea, river boats will be chosen.
-Fixed bug where Axis attack flight would not continue to target when airstart
-Fuel quantity when airstart is now 60% of default start value
-Minor bug fixes

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:10 AM, SYN_Vander said:

First of all great tool you've made, I use it all the time to create multiplayer missions for my flying buddy and I.

One thing I would like to ask, could you add trains as a target for attack missions? Trains are now only considered a bombing mission target and you can only task bombers to go after them, I want to have Jabo 190's / 109's etc. to attack trains in missions. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dawg35 said:

First of all great tool you've made, I use it all the time to create multiplayer missions for my flying buddy and I.

One thing I would like to ask, could you add trains as a target for attack missions? Trains are now only considered a bombing mission target and you can only task bombers to go after them, I want to have Jabo 190's / 109's etc. to attack trains in missions. Thanks!

Ah yes, indeed. It's on my todo list to have moving vehicles/trains as "interdiction"  targets.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

Easy Mission Generator in action, thanks for this tool  :)

P-47D_MG-2.jpg

P-47D_MG-4.jpg

Pretty cool skins! I guess these are custom?

8 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Pretty cool skins! I guess these are custom?

The author of skins is 325th_Bugsy, I added them to the mission through STEditor

8 hours ago, percydanvers said:

I just want to say how much I absolutely love this tool.

Me too!

Thanks guys! Slow progress now as I have to make some fundamental changes in the UI to accommodate for other Great Battles scenarios: Tank Crew, BoP and Flying Circus

• Thanks 1

New version is out:

Version 19 release notes:

-Reworked UI structure, small layout changes
-Changed runway spacing between planes so Ju-52 will fit when starting from runway
-Changed stationary objects at targets from "Neutral" (or incorrect faction) to correct faction
-Plane start and AAA gunner level can now be different per side
-Radio beacon added to airfield
-Added vehicle columns as objectives for Ground Attack missions
-Added variety in artillery targets
-Minor bug fixes

Download link in first post!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi, i have standalone version of Battle of Moscow, but when i generate a coop mission on Moscow and select the planes available when create the server i can't choose any plane, its says "locked" thanks

Which planes were chosen for the mission? Perhaps it chose a random plane that doesn't come with the Battle of Moscow? If something else, then please upload the mission so I can have a look.