IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator

And we have a new version!

Release Notes v34
-Dogfight mode now features "perpetual" AI fighters. Just as the AI bombers they will keep coming back and patrol random areas
-Added P-47D-22 to Rhineland (can also be used when selecting non-historical planes)
-'Patrol' scenario is now 'Intercept' scenario as enemy bombers will be present in patrol area (if AI flights is turned on!)
-AI flights will start closer to their first waypoint when 'in the air' has been selected as starting point
-Added new ammo explosion effects to a number of targets
-Red AI level logic slightly changed. The leading planes will have higher skill setting
-Fixed bug: Weather setting for overcast without rain/snow would produce an error
-Fixed bug: HQ could be chosen as target for Stalingrad and Moscow, but were missing. HQ target locations have been added.
-Minor bug fixes

As usual, download here: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

• Thanks 5
On 7/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, SYN_Vander said:

Release Notes v34
-Added P-47D-22 to Rhineland (can also be used when selecting non-historical planes)

Hi Vander.  I can select the P-47D22 for historical Rhineland missions only.  When selecting non-historical it does not appear in the aircraft list.

Is it just me or is it.....?:salute:  

2 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Hi Vander.  I can select the P-47D22 for historical Rhineland missions only.  When selecting non-historical it does not appear in the aircraft list.

Is it just me or is it.....?:salute:  

Ah, okay I must have forget to add it to the generic list. Will fix. I also just fixed a skin issue on the AI bombers in Multiplayer Dogfight mode so update will follow soon.

New version up. Some bugs slipped in v 34:

Release Notes v34.1
-Fixed issue where skins on Multiplayer bomber flights got mixed up
-Added P-47D-22 to generic list so it is available on all maps when 'historical' is not selected
-Removed Blue/Red flight mission briefing paragraphs for 'dogfight' multiplayer and replaced with generic text

Download here or click the banner in the tool: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SYN_Vander said:

New version up. Some bugs slipped in v 34:

Release Notes v34.1
-Fixed issue where skins on Multiplayer bomber flights got mixed up
-Added P-47D-22 to generic list so it is available on all maps when 'historical' is not selected
-Removed Blue/Red flight mission briefing paragraphs for 'dogfight' multiplayer and replaced with generic text

Download here or click the banner in the tool: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

Excellent mission creator!

Is there any way, by hook or by crook, to be able to choose the armour you're attacking in your program?

14 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Excellent mission creator!

Is there any way, by hook or by crook, to be able to choose the armour you're attacking in your program?

Thanks CanadaOne!

Tanks are now of a certain type (medium tanks I believe) based on a predefined template. You can’t change it in the tool, but you can open it in the full mission builder, look for the group ‘objective_<axis or allied>_tanks’ and then change the tank types.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Thanks CanadaOne!

Tanks are now of a certain type (medium tanks I believe) based on a predefined template. You can’t change it in the tool, but you can open it in the full mission builder, look for the group ‘objective_<axis or allied>_tanks’ and then change the tank types.

Thanks!

That might be beyond my mental snack bracket, but I'll try. It would be nice to be able to chose the tanks to fit the mood. If you choose an IL2 with 37MM AP and can also choose a Tiger or an Elefant as the target, that would be great.

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

Thanks!

That might be beyond my mental snack bracket, but I'll try. It would be nice to be able to chose the tanks to fit the mood. If you choose an IL2 with 37MM AP and can also choose a Tiger or an Elefant as the target, that would be great.

yeah, we have quite some types to choose from now. 

Editing an existing mission which has groups in the FMB is pretty simple though. Give it a try. I might make a small video how to do it.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

yeah, we have quite some types to choose from now. 

Editing an existing mission which has groups in the FMB is pretty simple though. Give it a try. I might make a small video how to do it.

You da man! :drink2:

E X C E L L E N T!

Even with some experience with the ME I learned several new tricks and ways to interact with the Editor from your video. 

I know they must take a lot of work but any spare (LOL) time you have please continue with this series. 

I am sure that I will learn something and for the neophyte mission builder it will be an important first step in understanding and using the ME

THANKS for everything you do for the community!👍🏆🥇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Mind any grammar or spelling mistakes I'm doing this on a phone.

Me and my friend are really looking into getting into the CO-OP scene of il2 great battle but when I set up a server and he tries to join he gets put into a loading screen and waits and waits until it kicks him back to the title page of the game I have looked up everything and I all out of idea 

Please help

Thank you

12 minutes ago, Cquinn said:

Mind any grammar or spelling mistakes I'm doing this on a phone.

Me and my friend are really looking into getting into the CO-OP scene of il2 great battle but when I set up a server and he tries to join he gets put into a loading screen and waits and waits until it kicks him back to the title page of the game I have looked up everything and I all out of idea 

Please help

Thank you

Hi Cquinn,

Let's say these are the files that get generated:

image.png.e4d5eddf5888d1696ee9d1128d828f8d.png

Now the SYN_Generated.mission file is the mission file in a text format. Notice it's quite big. When you host a game the other player has to download that file and that can take ages (for some reason, must be the upload speed limiting it or something)

You can safely delete this file as the SYN_Generated.msbin is also the mission file but in a binary format, which is much quicker to load & process. For some reason IL2 prefers the .mission file.

If this works, and you don't need to edit the mission in the editor, then you can change this line in config.ini file that comes with the generator, so it will automatically delete the .mission file:

no_mission = 0

change to:

no_mission = 1

But remember to use a proper text editor (notepad ++) and change this again when you download a new version.

Edited by SYN_Vander
5 hours ago, Cquinn said:

Thanks for the answer but I have a quick question does every participant need to have emg installed? and where would I be able to find these files?

1) No, this is just to create the mission. Only one person needs to have EMG.

2) See the video tutorial above 

On 7/13/2020 at 9:43 AM, Cquinn said:

Thanks again for the answer but we are now having a different problem the screen just freezes and after waiting awhile it kicks us back and says connection lost

Are you able to host the example mission provided with the game?

On 7/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, Cquinn said:

Thanks again for the answer but we are now having a different problem the screen just freezes and after waiting awhile it kicks us back and says connection lost

I think this is a port-forwarding issue rather than anything to do with the EMG. Cquinn; in your game there is a stock coop mission provided as an example. Have you tried hosting this successfully?

1 hour ago, vonGraf said:

I had some 'newer' Russian tanks between the old ones in Arras

Cue "The Twilight Zone" theme.

Mr. Serling:  Sgt.Don "Wardaddy" Collier.  A battle-hardened tank commander in Normandy after the D Day invasion who, despite his outward bravado, secretly wishes war was more chivalrous like during WWI and discovers you should be careful what you wish for in tonight's episode, "Tanks For The Memories."

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Vander, thanks very much for this generator, it does so much to remove the headache of mission creation. 

One problem that I have found in the missions that I have created is that the AI disappear after they carry out their attacks. Either AI fighters attacking bombers or bombers dropping their bomb loads.

My missions are simple Flaming Cliffs dogfight missions, unedited. 

I did skim through all 24 pages of this thread but did not find anything relating to the issue so it is probably something to do with my server but I thought I would check here. 

The server is called The Great War in the Air. 

Thank you again for taking the time to create and share this mission generator.

44 minutes ago, Miles_Vorkosigan said:

Hello Vander, thanks very much for this generator, it does so much to remove the headache of mission creation. 

One problem that I have found in the missions that I have created is that the AI disappear after they carry out their attacks. Either AI fighters attacking bombers or bombers dropping their bomb loads.

My missions are simple Flaming Cliffs dogfight missions, unedited. 

I did skim through all 24 pages of this thread but did not find anything relating to the issue so it is probably something to do with my server but I thought I would check here. 

The server is called The Great War in the Air. 

Thank you again for taking the time to create and share this mission generator.

This is " Dogfight" mode yes? I also noticed that when I ran one of those missions on my server. It has something to do with a timer expiring, but the AI should by then be away from the action. I'll investigate.

• Thanks 1
On 7/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, DD_Arthur said:

I think this is a port-forwarding issue rather than anything to do with the EMG. Cquinn; in your game there is a stock coop mission provided as an example. Have you tried hosting this successfully?

Would you have a fix for a port forwarding issue?

On 7/22/2020 at 1:49 AM, Miles_Vorkosigan said:

This covers what is required network wise and game side to get coop working. Self hosted Dogfights however need be run with dserver (il-2 dedicated server) as client hosting (from within the game client) have problems with some game triggers (like checkzones). Network stuff is the same...

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

Hello gents, please be kind and don't take offense if someone else has asked this question, but none of my pals can seem to join when I setup a coop mission using your generator, any ideas what settings I have to alter to make this work?  Please advise, thanks.

6 hours ago, GSP_Hund said:

Hello gents, please be kind and don't take offense if someone else has asked this question, but none of my pals can seem to join when I setup a coop mission using your generator, any ideas what settings I have to alter to make this work?  Please advise, thanks.

Check out Miles_Vorkosigan's post above.  You need to set up your router ports to host.

How is the i7-3930 working for you Arthur?

Vander, more oddness but I am not sure it is an issue with the mission generator or Flying Circus. Still related to planes despawning though. Sometimes the plane that I am dogfighting and about to shoot down (wings came off, etc) disappears and no notification of victory nor credit for same. 

31 minutes ago, Miles_Vorkosigan said:

How is the i7-3930 working for you Arthur?

If this is who I think it is then; hello m8!:salute:

The 3930 is purring along beautifully at 4.6Ghz and paired with an RTX2070 seems to handle anything I can throw at it.

Hosting DangerDogz coop using Vander's generator;