SYN_Vander

IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator

Thank you so much for this.

We've just flown version 4 as a squad, and it was fantastic, just like flying old 1946 co-ops, which was the staple flying of our squad, but in beautiful BoX goodness.

On behalf of the Dangerdogz, many many thanks, this is awesome.

• Like 1

Really Brilliant thing this is...

Today, our group really really really enjoyed the Coops, two sided, like 6 vs 6 and lots of AI too!

(Running it on Dserver - so performance not really an issue - yet)

Keep up the good work! 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

I have created one and it is asking me for a password when I try to fly it ...

What's the password? :russian_ru:

I've never seen a password other than the password to enter your server. Are you running your map from within Sturmovik or an external Server? It might be worth trying to load in with all server passwords removed just to rule that out.

You could always try opening your map in the Map Editor then saving it as a different name - that might resolve your issue.

Edited by F-Dog
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

I have created one and it is asking me for a password when I try to fly it ...

What's the password? :russian_ru:

It’s the password you have created yourself when setting up the server 😁. There is no password in a mission file.

• Thanks 1

@Vander; thank you very much for creating this coop generator.  We've been having great fun with it!

Last night, thirteen guys on t/s on two channels.  The game ran beautifully with a.i. in the mission too.

Interestingly, we're running three servers simultaneously from the same, remote, rented box;  thirteen guys on a BoS coop on the Dserver,  same number on our CloD server and our DCS server too!

I think this generator could be fantastic for Flying Circus too!

Oh yeah,  what do you Syndicate guys do if someone makes a hash of their takeoff at the start of a coop?  We have the 'twenty seconds' rule;

• Like 1

Looks like you guys had an awesome time, thanks for sharing :) 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Oh yeah,  what do you Syndicate guys do if someone makes a hash of their takeoff at the start of a coop?  We have the 'twenty seconds' rule;

Ah yes, there is always one isn’t there? 😁 after 3 retries it’s “you can fly as my gunner”. It’s always good to have some bomber boys in the mission!

Edited by SYN_Vander

Posted (edited)

Weekend starts early: Already a new update!

Release notes v5:
-Added Date option
-Added more train & artillery target locations
-Added garrison target type
-Separated taxi paths for Blue and Red flights
-Increased max planes to 8 for all flights (Use at own risk!!!)
-Red flight can have 0 planes, thus deleting the flight from the mission
-Added AAA level option (always for both sides, active airfield AAA remains "high")
-Added searchlights
-Added landing light
-Added flares on arrival at airfield
-Small UI change: differentiate radio buttons from option buttons
-Fixed various small bugs

Thanks for all the feedback so far! I have managed to put in a number of your requests already.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

@DD_Arthur  Nice to see you guys have as much fun as Tangmere Pilots do when we meet up.

@SYN_Vander

Thanks for making this tool and improving it at such a speed o7

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Weekend starts early: Already a new update!

Release notes v5:
-Added Date option
-Added more train & artillery target locations
-Added garrison target type
-Separated taxi paths for Blue and Red flights
-Increased max planes to 8 for all flights (Use at own risk!!!)
-Red flight can have 0 planes, thus deleting the flight from the mission
-Added AAA level option (always for both sides, active airfield AAA remains "high")
-Added searchlights
-Added landing light
-Added flares on arrival at airfield
-Small UI change: differentiate radio buttons from option buttons
-Fixed various small bugs

Thanks for all the feedback so far! I have managed to put in a number of your requests already.

Thanks for version 5 already.

I am guessing that adding in new maps is a major undertaking, but would it be very difficult to add Stalingrad summer and winter with the same template, for a quick and easier variation in scenery/weather to fly over?

Thanks for your work on this, it's very much appreciated!

Edited by DD_fruitbat

1 hour ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Thanks for version 5 already.

I am guessing that adding in new maps is a major undertaking, but would it be very difficult to add Stalingrad summer and winter with the same template, for a quick and easier variation in scenery/weather to fly over?

Thanks for your work on this, it's very much appreciated!

Adding a new map doesn't have to be a major undertaking; I just have to create a new template for that. But as long as I am adding features to the basic template, it means I will also have to keep changing the other templates. So I want to have the first Stalingrad template more or less " feature complete" before moving on.

9 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Adding a new map doesn't have to be a major undertaking; I just have to create a new template for that. But as long as I am adding features to the basic template, it means I will also have to keep changing the other templates. So I want to have the first Stalingrad template more or less " feature complete" before moving on.

Understandable.

It has just occurred to me that I should be able to change the season myself with a simple bit of editing shouldn't I?

16 minutes ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Understandable.

It has just occurred to me that I should be able to change the season myself with a simple bit of editing shouldn't I?

Yes. The seasons I can change already in the script. I will add that based on mission date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

Please, could you help me? 

I have extracted the file to a folder in Windows desktop, but when I try to run the CoopGenerator.exe, it gives me an error message (in Spanish) that could be translated as:

"Windows does not have access to the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item", but I run the file as administrator.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Edited by rocho

35 minutes ago, rocho said:

Hi all.

Please, could you help me? 

I have extracted the file to a folder in Windows desktop, but when I try to run the CoopGenerator.exe, it gives me an error message (in Spanish) that could be translated as:

"Windows does not have access to the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item", but I run the file as administrator.

Any idea?

Thanks.

You have to change the route to the folder where you have the game. I had the same problem before.

I have added some changes (minor release). Please re-download v5 if you want to use these:

Release notes v5.1:
-Extended date options to cover summer, autumn, winter. Season textures will automatically change based on month.
-Optimized random AAA positions: only spawn when planes are near
-Replaced light at airstrip with fire because of searchlight bug during dawn period
-Added siren to airfield

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

You have to change the route to the folder where you have the game. I had the same problem before.

Ok, but,...where? In config.ini? I repeat, I can't even run CoopGenerator.exe

Edited by rocho

3 minutes ago, rocho said:

Ok, but,...where? In config.ini? I repeat, I can't even run CoopGenerator.exe

Ok, I couldn´t and it was because of my antivirus ... maybe .....

2 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Ok, I couldn´t and it was because of my antivirus ... maybe .....

👍👍👍

That was the problem! Thank you very much!

21 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

I have added some changes (minor release). Please re-download v5 if you want to use these:

Release notes v5.1:
-Extended date options to cover summer, autumn, winter. Season textures will automatically change based on month.
-Optimized random AAA positions: only spawn when planes are near
-Replaced light at airstrip with fire because of searchlight bug during dawn period
-Added siren to airfield

Awesome stuff!

Just now, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Once you create the mission how do you run it? :gamer:

The mission is called "SYN_Generated_Coop" and can be found in your \data\Multiplayer\Cooperative folder

If you want to host the mission for others: First open the Mission editor, open the mission and save it. Close the mission editor. (because of a bug in resaver)

Start IL2. From the main menu select " Multiplayer", then "Cooperative", then "Create"

Select the generated mission "SYN_Generated_Coop" and add it to the rotation. Move it up if you want it to load first.

Hit "Continue"

• Thanks 1

Hi Vander

First thank you very much for this utility witch is a tremendeous step forward for all players that want to play coop but who has no time or capability to use the mission creator.

With my squad we tried to run a mission generated with your utility. But we had problems we do not use a dedicated server so the player who host the game plays it at the same like on old IL2-1946. We encountered connection lost because the mission was too much demanding for the broadband even with reduced activity and reduced player number (we were only 6 players with no more AI controlled planes on flights A and B).

I think that it was a problem of optimisation with all the AI flights and objects that are generated to populate the map and who are generated no matter what type of objective or mission is chosen in the mission generator.

Can you make this AI objects and flight activated with triggers so they are generated only if players are closing in a certain area? That would be a great optimisation and mission generated would run even smoother for everyone.

Anyway thant you again for your hard work it opens up a lot of possibilities for everyone and your tool should be integrated in official release considering its benefits.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FAW-Tromplamort said:

Hi Vander

First thank you very much for this utility witch is a tremendeous step forward for all players that want to play coop but who has no time or capability to use the mission creator.

With my squad we tried to run a mission generated with your utility. But we had problems we do not use a dedicated server so the player who host the game plays it at the same like on old IL2-1946. We encountered connection lost because the mission was too much demanding for the broadband even with reduced activity and reduced player number (we were only 6 players with no more AI controlled planes on flights A and B).

I think that it was a problem of optimisation with all the AI flights and objects that are generated to populate the map and who are generated no matter what type of objective or mission is chosen in the mission generator.

Can you make this AI objects and flight activated with triggers so they are generated only if players are closing in a certain area? That would be a great optimisation and mission generated would run even smoother for everyone.

Anyway thant you again for your hard work it opens up a lot of possibilities for everyone and your tool should be integrated in official release considering its benefits.

How did you configure the mission? I have no problems with running with a maximum of 8 planes per side on my own PC.

EDIT: I should read better :). 6 players and no extra AI except for the default ones (see my remark below) should really not be a problem. I would check the network/bandwith settings on the host.

Besides the configured flights there will be 2 AI flights per side flying about with 3 or 4 planes per flight. Perhaps I can make these configurable or only activate them when a certain number of planes have been killed already.... I did optimise already by making AAA sites spawn, so try latest v5 (re-download), which I gave a little hotfix last night.

Edited by SYN_Vander

@FAW-Tromplamort

Have you been able to run any multiplayer missions or is this the first time yoyr squad has tried it with Il2 BoX

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

How did you configure the mission? I have no problems with running with a maximum of 8 planes per side on my own PC.

Besides the configured flights there will be 2 AI flights per side flying about with 3 or 4 planes per flight. Perhaps I can make these configurable or only activate them when a certain number of planes have been killed already.... I did optimise already by making AAA sites spawn, so try latest v5 (re-download), which I gave a little hotfix last night.

It was coop generator V4.00.

Airfield attack with 3 playable A20 and 3 playable Yak1 in cover

Airfield spawn far from target

No german playable flight

medium air activity

Medium clouds

Mission set at dawn

Nothing really special set as you can see...

We experienced server connection lost randomly happenning to random player right at the beginning (we didn't have time to take of). So I suspect too much bandwith usage (ie random player onnection lost). The host was on ADSL with very good ping and high bandwith but not fiber optics for the moment.

I read that V5.00 brings trigger activated AAA wich is a very good point, perhaps can you do it for AI planes populating the map too? I know it's a lot of work but it would be a step more in optimisation.

Anyway  your utility is very good it's just a suggestion to bringt it better.

Edited by FAW-Tromplamort

8 minutes ago, FAW-Tromplamort said:

medium air activity

Medium clouds

Mission set at dawn

We experienced server connection lost randomly happenning to random player right at the beginning (we didn't have time to take of). So I suspect too much bandwith usage (ie random player onnection lost). The host was on ADSL with very good ping and high bandwith but not fiber optics for the moment.

I read that V5.00 brings trigger activated AAA wich is a very good point, perhaps can you do it for AI planes populating the map too? I know it's a lot of work but it would be a step more in optimisation.

Did you see the "Multiplayer server overload. Erratic Plane Behavior may Occur" message? Because what you describe seems to me a network issue more than game performance.

Please check the upload bandwith of the host (ADSL can have good download bandwith, but poor upload speed). That is probably the bottleneck here.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Did you see the "Multiplayer server overload. Erratic Plane Behavior may Occur" message? Because what you describe seems to me a network issue more than game performance.

Please check the upload bandwith of the host (ADSL can have good download bandwith, but poor upload speed). That is probably the bottleneck here.

No we didn't see this message wich is strange. And we did run run other dogfight heavy mission and it runned just fine.

This is why I suppose too much bandwith usage at the beginning with mission generated which is problematic with coop missions as we cant re-join later as it is possible in dogfight missions.

43 minutes ago, FAW-Tromplamort said:

medium air activity

Medium clouds

Mission set at dawn

What is the hardware of the server, i think the problem is there.  

I'm not sure we have the message of server overload when we host in the game.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Habu said:

What is the hardware of the server, i think the problem is there.  

I'm not sure we have the message of server overload when we host in the game.

I was on client side and I had no message of server overload.

Anyway I'll ask for harware specifications of our host in order to sort things out.

Hi Vander, Habu and Tromp  :) 

As said by Tromp  We made a first try of V.4 Coop Gen  this Night :) :)  And we have strange disconnection of one to one pilot. 
I'm certain  we don't have any overload message and it's certain it appears in Dog too ans after this try we fly on a Dog Mission i've create. (i've little messages of overload) i'm much generous for plane Number and AI planes i think its more populated in my own mission. 
SO i don't undesrstand why we had this kind of problem. Maybe Bad Luck !! Each time we fly we don't have major problem and curently we fly 6 pilots  My DSL line is very good  happily.
18Mb down and 1,3 Mb up  Noise / signal was  around 6,5 to 7,5 Db 
It's mainly to make return we post this message i will test and try  more and also New Version

I think you've done a great job !!! I hope we will succeed to use this tool  when i found why we had problems  

Think to suggest small Things :
Maybe it will be good to let change the mission name to avoir one of problem we have ... On lobby other squad was trying coop generater mission without change name................ So 2 mission .. not good :)  One the name was changed we will connect.

One other way to use generator is to build base mission  with it and finish edition with editor..................  I will examine a mission generated to see how it's done with light missiono and heavy one.. 

Again thanks for all the work !! Be sure if we can help with idea or exp return it will be done!!

Describe the hardware of the PC (CPU/RAM,...). 

I have to check the settings of the self hosting, if we can set the upload and the download limit. A low setting can have lag and disconnection as a result.

35 minutes ago, FAW_Spit said:

(...)
Think to suggest small Things :
Maybe it will be good to let change the mission name to avoir one of problem we have ... On lobby other squad was trying coop generater mission without change name................ So 2 mission .. not good :)  One the name was changed we will connect.
(...)

Rather not a good idea for the way we use it: I generate a new mission whilst the current/old one is still running.

Next, I only have to press 'Skip Mission' in the dedicated servers' interface, and hey-hoo the new mission is being started and loaded just fine.

Should the mission name change for each of the generated ones, I'd have to alter the selected mission in the dedicated server - which means a lot of button presses - and I do not like that :). (Plus, I've created a bach-file to do the mission-resave thing that is still needed after generating a mission. That batch file would also need edits should the mission name change...)

30 minutes ago, DD-FT- said:

Rather not a good idea for the way we use it: I generate a new mission whilst the current/old one is still running.

Next, I only have to press 'Skip Mission' in the dedicated servers' interface, and hey-hoo the new mission is being started and loaded just fine.

Should the mission name change for each of the generated ones, I'd have to alter the selected mission in the dedicated server - which means a lot of button presses - and I do not like that :). (Plus, I've created a bach-file to do the mission-resave thing that is still needed after generating a mission. That batch file would also need edits should the mission name change...)

Can you share that batch file? I'm still not sure why my script doesn't produce correct results... Maybe I can use the batch-file instead

Posted (edited)
Just a report (without request for solution): we had a pilot from Normandy who never could join the coop, being ejected immediately from the server despite 3 tests:
A local test (host in the game) on my computer.
One with the Dserver on the same computer.
One on the Dserver of the computer that serves us as a training server in Normandy
for many months. .
This pilot was able to join the Coconut Server immediately after without pb and usually does not have a particular pb to join a server.
Sorry do not know if it was a coop V4 or V5 (?).
Infos: we flew with pleasure 😃 to 2 pilots instead of 3 that night on the coop, and without any problem.
Fantastic work! Thanks again 😊.

Edited by NN_Elanion

Posted (edited)

One question though for those that have connection problems: You did save the mission first (before hosting) from the mission editor right?

Edited by SYN_Vander

39 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Can you share that batch file? I'm still not sure why my script doesn't produce correct results... Maybe I can use the batch-file instead

Sure, here it is:

c:
cd \boS\bin\resaver
MissionResaver.exe -d C:\Bos\Data -f C:\boS\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative\SYN_Generated_Coop.mission
Pause

You just need to edit some lines so it correctly states the installation folder of Bos - in this case, C:\Bos

If one does not set the resaver folder as the default folder, it will not work properly...

1 hour ago, DD-FT- said:

Sure, here it is:

c:
cd \boS\bin\resaver
MissionResaver.exe -d C:\Bos\Data -f C:\boS\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative\SYN_Generated_Coop.mission
Pause

You just need to edit some lines so it correctly states the installation folder of Bos - in this case, C:\Bos

If one does not set the resaver folder as the default folder, it will not work properly...

Thanks. The bat file works in that it produces a .list file. Unfortunately, it still deletes a number of lines in the description files (.eng etc). This means you don't get to see the proper labels and subtitles in the game. I can overwrite these again with my generated versions, but then the checksum in the .list file doesn't match anymore...sigh. I still think there is a bug in the program itself.

2 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Thanks. The bat file works in that it produces a .list file. Unfortunately, it still deletes a number of lines in the description files (.eng etc). This means you don't get to see the proper labels and subtitles in the game. I can overwrite these again with my generated versions, but then the checksum in the .list file doesn't match anymore...sigh. I still think there is a bug in the program itself.

Hm, haven't noticed this.

Then again, our group has a long standing tradition of kinda like not read any briefing - information on where the target is usually sufficient :)