Jump to content
SYN_Vander

IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Sogamg said:

Is there an option for transport missions with the Ju-52?


Actually, I just added that to the wishlist. I’m thinking about a transport/deliver package/drop spy etc mission with various landing spots in challenging terrain 😃

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vander,

how does one pick or setup the secondary target for a mission or is it picked by the generator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Hey Vander,

how does one pick or setup the secondary target for a mission or is it picked by the generator?


The secondary is picked at random. Look closely at the map and you should see another target icon somewhere.

 

 

Edited by SYN_Vander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vander

We flew a bomber escort mission last night and we had 2 flights of 4 and right after the bombers dropped we left them to hit the secondary target which was a HQ building and troops barracks and we had a blast. I do have a concern though this is the 4th or 5th Bomber Escort mission we've flown and no sight of NME planes attacking the bombers. Just wanted you to know so maybe you can look at that side. Thanks bud for the hard work and Ill continue to give feedback..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 1:07 PM, 361st_Bugsy said:

Hey Vander

We flew a bomber escort mission last night and we had 2 flights of 4 and right after the bombers dropped we left them to hit the secondary target which was a HQ building and troops barracks and we had a blast. I do have a concern though this is the 4th or 5th Bomber Escort mission we've flown and no sight of NME planes attacking the bombers. Just wanted you to know so maybe you can look at that side. Thanks bud for the hard work and Ill continue to give feedback..

 

Hi Bugsy,

 

Will look into this. If you have set enemy air activity to "high" than two enemy AI flights should be hunting for you near the target area, but if they reach you in time depends how far away they are. I'll check if there is some bug, but in any case will think about a better mission logic.

 

EDIT: It's important though that "Additional AI flights" is ticked as the enemy's Blue and Red flight will not necessarily meet you!

Edited by SYN_Vander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Vander I appreciate it very much...Here's a screen of my way of setting up our missions..Ive done this in the same manner at least 4 times now and like I stated we always take the bombers to and from target without incident..

 

 

001-2020-jan-11-001.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Thanks Vander I appreciate it very much...Here's a screen of my way of setting up our missions..Ive done this in the same manner at least 4 times now and like I stated we always take the bombers to and from target without incident..

 

 

001-2020-jan-11-001.jpg

 

Thanks. I checked a test mission and didn't see anything wrong, so I guess it's a timing issue. If you would loiter longer over the main target some enemy planes should appear.

But I already made some changes that should guarantee some action when activity is set to " high" and isn't dependant on a specific area :).

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I I keep getting the 'mission cannot be generated' message. I set up a single mission, and clicked 'Set iL2 main folder. The path in the bottom of the mission generator reads; IL2 game folder (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad.

 

 Any help would be much appreciated.

 

 

Edited by No1_Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Vander

Ill wait for your next update then to see the changes, Looking forward to the many months ahead with playing this Mission Generator. Great work mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No1_Charlie said:

Hi, I I keep getting the 'mission cannot be generated' message. I set up a single mission, and clicked 'Set iL2 main folder. The path in the bottom of the mission generator reads; IL2 game folder (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad.

 

 Any help would be much appreciated.

 

 

 

Hello Charlie:).

I think the problem is the path to your game folder.  Click on the bar down on the left that says 'select IL2 main folder'.  This will open the path to your game folder and invite you to select a folder. 

Go to the top and click on 'IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow' and this will become the selected file.  Now click on the box down the bottom right 'select folder'.

This path will now close and you can now click 'create mission' on the bottom right of the generator screen and the mission should now generate.

 

Fingers crossed!  Hope this helps:salute:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.1 Charlie,

I think your problem is where you have installed IL-2.  You say the path is " IL2 game folder (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad."  The problem is '(x86)' which is a Windows folder that doesn't let you write to files. 

Move the entire game out of (x86) anywhere else.  My game is just sitting on my main 'C' drive and I have no problem saving generated missions.

Now you may ask if this is so how come the game updates?  My guess is it completely re-installs the game folder so (x86) doesn't perceive that files have been modified.  (could be wrong about that, I often am)

Edited by Beebop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Beebop said:

(could be wrong about that, I often am)

 

Er....yes.  You are wrong about that.  

 

When you download the game from this website 'C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow'  is the default location that the game installs to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but then I "Browse" to my 'C' drive and had it install there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, it's my fault. Normally the IL2 path in the config is empty. I accidently left mine in, which is "C:\Program Files\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles". 

When the path is empty it will prompt the user to set a path, now it generates an error.

 

So for all (new) users: Make sure to set the IL2 path first for v26! I have corrected the config file in the zip file by now.

Edited by SYN_Vander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 5:30 PM, SYN_Vander said:


Actually, I just added that to the wishlist. I’m thinking about a transport/deliver package/drop spy etc mission with various landing spots in challenging terrain 😃

Nice. This one I'm eager to try using Tante Ju.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 12:30 PM, SYN_Vander said:


Actually, I just added that to the wishlist. I’m thinking about a transport/deliver package/drop spy etc mission with various landing spots in challenging terrain 😃

36ghko.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...