SYN_Vander

IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator

42 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Working on the FC mini campaign now -until Christmas holiday.

Cool!  There IS a Santa Claus!

15 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

I just generated a mission, loaded it in the editor and can edit it just fine. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but the "no script file!" you are seeing is because of a bug in the game (I think it has been reported) as indeed this .txt file is missing in the gtp. In any case, it is a warning  and shouldn't be the cause why you can't edit anything.

The empty groups you see in the lower corner is because I delete all objects outside the mission area, which results in a number of empty groups within the cities group.

About the level bombing issue (if that is what you are testing): The devs are aware of it and are trying to fix it...

Ah, empty groups; that explains it.

Indeed the bombing issue. Funny: i made (handmade with tips from JimTM) an Ai bombing mission with 4.001. Works fine as far as waypoint searching and AttackArea (Ground, addressed linked entity city blocks) bombing goes; hitting their marks.

Loading and changing details in the FMB, saving the changes, and the Ai bombing still works. Almost as if only a fresh made Attack Area  bombing setup thing does not work for some reason when saved from the FMB. In this case Ju78 and 88 planes keep circling or at best fly over the target without dropping their eggs.

Edited by jollyjack
correction

When I try to download the text in the drop box looks Arabic or like it is this correct. Normally its in english

7 hours ago, TP_Jacko said:

When I try to download the text in the drop box looks Arabic or like it is this correct. Normally its in english

I'm sorry, what drop box? and what do you mean with "download the text"?

EDIT: Perhaps you have trouble downloading the utility from the Google Drive download page. Click on this symbol in the top right corner: image.png.6c6fc2f97e998c2d49996d8d3d903571.png

Edited by SYN_Vander

10 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

I'm sorry, what drop box? and what do you mean with "download the text"?

EDIT: Perhaps you have trouble downloading the utility from the Google Drive download page. Click on this symbol in the top right corner: image.png.6c6fc2f97e998c2d49996d8d3d903571.png

I did mean google drive. Now it looks ok so download is complete thanks

@SYN_Vander dude, have a week off, it`s nearly Xmas!!! :)

I`m sure we can cope with the mission gen as it is for a little while. It`s been awesome as it is for ages now.

Don`t wanna see you burn out and walk away from this gem lol.

8 minutes ago, [SRH]Festa_VR_Noob said:

@SYN_Vander dude, have a week off, it`s nearly Xmas!!! :)

I`m sure we can cope with the mission gen as it is for a little while. It`s been awesome as it is for ages now.

Don`t wanna see you burn out and walk away from this gem lol.

Thanks, but I actually do have a new update tomorrow, which has something to do with that specific date...and I fixed some small bugs

...then next weekend the FC mini campaign and then  I'll enjoy my holidays! :) 

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

New version out!

On this day,  75 years ago, the "Third Reich" started the Ardennes Offensive. Since we now have the Rheinland map, I added a special period "Battle of the Bulge" to the mission generator. This is a template with some extra scenery and most of the tactical targets in or near the Ardennes area. Since there is now also the option to let it snow, nothing is holding you back to generate some atmospheric missions!

Another cool feature is an automatic version checker. When you start the utility, it will always check if a new version is available. If so, it will show a special banner. The banner can be clicked and it will open the download page in your browser. An automated update of the tool is bit too complicated for now, but this should help.

Release Notes v25
-Added new version warning plus button to download page
-Added period "Battle of the Bulge" for the Rheinland map (dec 1944 - jan 1945)
-Improved formation handling for Blue flight
-Fixed a bug where AI would not correctly cycle between patrol waypoints

Latest download is here: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg

P-47_Bulge.png

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5

Everyone please note that the level bombing issue has now been fixed in IL2 release 4.003! 👍

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been experiencing an issue that is probably an IL2 problem rather than the mission generator, but I'll throw it out for discussion anyway.

When I have two flights of aircraft operating from an airfield with multiple hard surface runways both flights will be lined up on one runway. The first flight (which I usually lead) will take off with no problem. Then the lead of the second flight will usually take off successfully, but the remaining second flight aircraft will act erratically. I've seen them try to take off across the grass at 30-45 degrees off from the runway heading, colliding with buildings/AAA emplacements etc. But probably most often they start taxing around trying to get to a different runway, rather than the one they are lined up on. When they do this they invariably collide with one another and end up scattered about missing tail surfaces and/or wings.

Anyone else seeing this? 

2 hours ago, Dawg35 said:

I've been experiencing an issue that is probably an IL2 problem rather than the mission generator, but I'll throw it out for discussion anyway.

When I have two flights of aircraft operating from an airfield with multiple hard surface runways both flights will be lined up on one runway. The first flight (which I usually lead) will take off with no problem. Then the lead of the second flight will usually take off successfully, but the remaining second flight aircraft will act erratically. I've seen them try to take off across the grass at 30-45 degrees off from the runway heading, colliding with buildings/AAA emplacements etc. But probably most often they start taxing around trying to get to a different runway, rather than the one they are lined up on. When they do this they invariably collide with one another and end up scattered about missing tail surfaces and/or wings.

Anyone else seeing this? 

Could you give a little more information? WW2, WW1? what kind of runway, or which specific runway?

8 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Could you give a little more information? WW2, WW1? what kind of runway, or which specific runway?

WW2. Airfield was at St Trond, takeoff to the west.

10 hours ago, Dawg35 said:

WW2. Airfield was at St Trond, takeoff to the west.

I have seen this behaviour when testing the Flying Circus campaign missions and I think it is related to the time-out until the "Cover" command is given.

However, I am not able to reproduce this behaviour at St Trond. I tested both with take off from runway and from the ramp. I tested with flying as Blue flight on autopilot and without autopilot. All works fine for me.

Are you flying Red flight? Which period? Which plane type?

EDIT: I see it happening now if I fly as leader of Red flight. I took off immediately after Blue flight and only after the timer kicked in did the other Red planes take off. Two of them then took off across the field. Perhaps because the "command Cover" was already given and they tried to follow the Blue planes or something.

I will look into this.

Tip/workaround to avoid this (I think): Wait a little bit (a minute or so) before taking off as Red flight leader.

Edited by SYN_Vander

I've seen it happen when I was flying as Red or Blue leader.

I've taken off as Blue leader, my friend (ie real, not AI) has taken off as Red leader and then the remaining Red flight aircraft have "gone nuts", except maybe for Red 2.

I'll try to get a flight record and then post a video (or would you prefer the flight record file?)

SYN_Vander, you deserve a virtual medal. Thanks a lot from all over the world. Take care, and have a great Xmas night! :)

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dawg35 said:

I've seen it happen when I was flying as Red or Blue leader.

I've taken off as Blue leader, my friend (ie real, not AI) has taken off as Red leader and then the remaining Red flight aircraft have "gone nuts", except maybe for Red 2.

I'll try to get a flight record and then post a video (or would you prefer the flight record file?)

Don't necessary need a track. But I would like to understand if there indeed was a human player as Red (leader), because I think that is where things go wrong now. And thanks for helping me find the problem.

EDIT: I think it indeed has to do with timing. If AI of Red flight is about to take/off or is taking off and then they get the "Cover Blue flight" command (which is scripted) they get confused... I will fix this by first letting them climb to a waypoint. In fact, I will probably also do the change that Red flight will take off first, so then it won't be a problem anyway.....

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1

Hi!

First of all I want to thank you for this wonderful piece of software.

I dont know what im doing wrong I just cant generate a snow map/mission/dogfight whichever really, do I need to own Bodenplatte for it to work?

I got the rest except Boden and Flying Circus. I choose overcast and rain/snow and choose a front during the winter months.

Nvm, I got it to work, seems I had to specify a date as well beyond only choosing nov-jan so I chose christmas, theres gotta be snow in Stalingrad come christmas right 😄

Edited by horsky

18 hours ago, horsky said:

Hi!

First of all I want to thank you for this wonderful piece of software.

I dont know what im doing wrong I just cant generate a snow map/mission/dogfight whichever really, do I need to own Bodenplatte for it to work?

I got the rest except Boden and Flying Circus. I choose overcast and rain/snow and choose a front during the winter months.

Nvm, I got it to work, seems I had to specify a date as well beyond only choosing nov-jan so I chose christmas, theres gotta be snow in Stalingrad come christmas right 😄

Yes, not all maps have snow, but Mosow and Stalingrad definitely have snow! It is automatically chosen based on date; the months december, january and february will always be with snow.

Edited by SYN_Vander

Thank you SYN_Vander for your Newest contribution to the il-2 community! 

Greatly appreciatied. 

Have a great 2020! 

Hey Vander

I was wondering is it possible to have the mission generator add a secondary target to the mission? There times where we go out on a mission say to hit Factory or a train and the mission is fairly quick so we RTB but if we had a secondary target It would make pilots more aware of having to save ammo and give us more to hit on a mission...it would be great to have a mission where we go out and say strike a  NME airfield and then on the way back we see a convoy or another target to strike...Just curious if this is a possibility. Thanks mate

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for the Mission Generator.

I have just started using it, but getting some buggy friendly AI behaviour.

Using Arras map, March-April 1918. Playing Patrol mission with myself as part of a 3-plane Albatros formation. No matter if I assign myself as leader or not, the two friendly AI always return back to land at airfield before getting to first waypoint. Orders to 'Cover Me' or 'Do like I do' have no affect.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:32 PM, kendo said:

Using Arras map, March-April 1918. Playing Patrol mission with myself as part of a 3-plane Albatros formation. No matter if I assign myself as leader or not, the two friendly AI always return back to land at airfield before getting to first waypoint. Orders to 'Cover Me' or 'Do like I do' have no affect.

Thanks. I'll try to reproduce this and find the bug

In a mission with P-51's all of the AI P-51's are flying with the Yeager skin. Is this a Mission Generator thing or an IL-2 thing?

I'd really prefer the AI P-51's fly a different, non-specific skin. When a buddy and I fly we always use a custom skin so we can find each other easily when using Shift F2. We can't use the Yeager skin because we would just blend in with all the other Yeagers! ;)

1 hour ago, Dawg35 said:

In a mission with P-51's all of the AI P-51's are flying with the Yeager skin. Is this a Mission Generator thing or an IL-2 thing?

I'd really prefer the AI P-51's fly a different, non-specific skin. When a buddy and I fly we always use a custom skin so we can find each other easily when using Shift F2. We can't use the Yeager skin because we would just blend in with all the other Yeagers! ;)

Must be winter because the generator then chooses the default winter skin. However, this logic only works with the Russian planes as the BoP planes have no default winter skin (and for P-51 it apparently chooses a Yeager skin). I could try to replace all skins with normal defaults again.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:32 PM, kendo said:

Strange. I can't reproduce this. Are you flying as Blue or Red flight? If it happens, could you zip and post the mission here?

Posted (edited)

I was flying as Blue flight.

It was happening in all the Patrol missions I tried (all using variants of the Albatros flight described above)

I decided also to try another mission type - believe it was the defend against ground attack mission - and again the friendly AI abandon me after several minutes (believe it is before reaching the first waypoint, but may have actually been at that  waypoint?).

When i get home later I will send you the mission.     

Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by kendo

Posted (edited)

Mission file uploaded. I also included a png image of the settings I used - maybe i'm not configuring it correctly? (ignore the missionname showing in this screen - it is from the previous mission, before I renamed and saved these settings)

Once again, the other 2 Albatros fly off before reaching Waypoint 2. They start descending and eventually land at a friendly airfield.

Mission and settings png.zip

Edited by kendo

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, kendo said:

Mission file uploaded. I also included a png image of the settings I used - maybe i'm not configuring it correctly? (ignore the missionname showing in this screen - it is from the previous mission, before I renamed and saved these settings)

Once again, the other 2 Albatros fly off before reaching Waypoint 2. They start descending and eventually land at a friendly airfield.

Mission and settings png.zip 201.29 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for uploading! I was able to reproduce the issue. What happens is that the tool calculates the fuel load for each aircraft based on a default, minus 30% or so when the aircraft starts in the air and the airfield is close to the front line. In this case this means the Albatros DVa starts with 59% fuel and after 2 minutes or so it reaches a level where the AI decides this is too low and it has to turn home, so they land at the closest airfield. If I increase the fuel amount to 75% they drone on past the first waypoint.

I say it's an IL2 game bug as 59% should be more than enough for this mission, so I will report it to the beta forum. Not sure if this is a problem for all FC aircraft or only the Albatros. But I did see similar behaviour with the Bristol F2b, so now I know what caused the issue. EDIT: I tested with the Pfalz and it's even worse: They peel off directly after airstart, so I think it's a generic FC problem.

In any case, as a workaround I will increase fuel loads for the next version.

In the mean time: Start from the ground or select a distant airfield as this will also give the AI more fuel.

Edited by SYN_Vander

Ok. That's interesting! Thanks for checking.

i will do as you suggest and start either from ground or more distant airfield. 

Confirm that ground start gets everything behaving again. Tried a couple of missions now and all going well.

Interesting event on the second mission when my Albatros wingman suddenly left me again. I watched as he flew a wide semi-circle behind and to my left, and assumed the old problem was back and he was returning to base....but as I watched he curved back towards me....and then i noticed the tracer coming from the Sopwith Camel that was closing in on my tail!!

My wingman went for him and drove him off as I took evasive action.

Nice to see unexpected AI improvements.

50 minutes ago, kendo said:

Confirm that ground start gets everything behaving again. Tried a couple of missions now and all going well.

Interesting event on the second mission when my Albatros wingman suddenly left me again. I watched as he flew a wide semi-circle behind and to my left, and assumed the old problem was back and he was returning to base....but as I watched he curved back towards me....and then i noticed the tracer coming from the Sopwith Camel that was closing in on my tail!!

My wingman went for him and drove him off as I took evasive action.

Nice to see unexpected AI improvements.

Good to hear! New update which will fix the fuel issue amongst other things will be released soon (tomorrow).

Posted (edited)

New version out.

Release Notes v26

-Reversed Blue & Red flight for take-off order

-Added 2nd objective for single/coop missions

-Increased fuel loads to avoid "bingo fuel bug" situation for Flying Circus planes

-Plane positioning on ramp/runway based on plane size & number in flight

-Tuned cruise speeds of all planes so they cruise a little faster

-Added HQ target to Kuban map

-Bodenplatte planes have default skins again

-Fixed bug where Red flight would not land after Patrol mission

-Fixed Tempest payload bug: No bombs on bomber missions

Download here: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/ or click on the banner in the utility.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Thank you so much !

BTW SYN_Vander, will you be putting TC into a future version of the EMG or will you maybe turn to a seperate program ?

4 hours ago, simfan2015 said:

Thank you so much !

BTW SYN_Vander, will you be putting TC into a future version of the EMG or will you maybe turn to a seperate program ?

I tried to add it to the current tool, but it’s quite different so I may have to make a separate tool. Which I don’t like because it means twice the maintenance.

Is there an option for transport missions with the Ju-52?

19 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

tried to add it to the current tool, but it’s quite different

That is exactly what I would have guessed !

[BTW, TC seems different to me in so many ways as well ... not only the vehicle control keys]

14 minutes ago, Sogamg said:

transport missions with the Ju-52

a.o. I downloaded a U-2VS (user made) mission pack a few days ago ... you may also find one for the Ju-52 !? (I would download that one too).

Good Luck !