Sign in to follow this  
216th_Cat

Really looking forward to the Prokhorovka map

Not just for the Tank Crew segment, but for the rest of the map which allows for some of the epic air battles that happened during Citadel. The landscape's not as wonderful as the mountains in Kuban, but does have lots of gullies with chalk outcrops cutting through the general undulation - see the screenshots in DD 216 - and is different from both Moscow and Stalingrad in appearance.

(Btw the chalk is edible - honest. Look up Eating Belgorod Chalk if you are sceptical. Personally, having grown up in a chalk area I can truthfully say that I never have and never will have any intention whatsoever of trying it for myself.) :wacko:

Back to the map - we have almost all of the aircraft required apart from the Yak-9, plus the Fw189 would have been nice, and of course a good set of ground vehicles from Tank Crew so all of you Il-2, Ju87 and Hs129 pilots out there are going to have fun!

As I understand it the map will only be available if you've bought Tank Crew, but if you've been holding off it just might be worth it, especially if the Yak-9 gets Collector plane status! (Please!) :biggrin:

Cheers.

• Upvote 4

I did not know you can fly also in Prokhorovka map it sounds awesome now.

11 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

I did not know you can fly also in Prokhorovka map it sounds awesome now.

Check out the map posted in the latest Developer Diary. It's got dozens of airfields on it :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2