Sign in to follow this  
76IAP-Black

Tank Controls "redefined"

After some testing and gameplay of Tank Crew, I would suggest to change the main gun controls to some normal keys, not mouse controled.

So you can drive the tank, rotate the turret to a specific position and than aim at the targets.

Drive: Joystick or WASD

Turret: arrow keys
elevation "page up, down"

WW2 Tanks doesnt need to point at the target while driving as a modern tank can do it.
The Mouse control never feel, as im having the control over the gun.

Can you guys remember this game, the control settings were comfortable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Commander

• Like 1

I agree, mouse control of the turret seems too arcadish for me. I modified it this way, (see image below) using JoyToKey to make my joystick move the turret. 😀

ThrustmasterT16000FC_TANKSheet.png

• Upvote 1

They can keep the mouse steering for the MG, but funny fact is, as soon as i fire the mg and want to move it, i can't.

I can shoot or point at a target, not both at the same time!

I remember Red Orchestra tank turrets were controlled with WSAD keys and Red Orchestra 2 had mouse control which felt really stupid and non-realistic.

The good thing is, the game isn't finished yet and is using the controls from the previous tank test with the T-34 and Pz.3.

So we can hope for a change

Guys,

As I have explained before. making such controls for tanks using joysticks etc. is a large job and we cannot fit it into the current schedule. I hope we can in the future. That's all I'm going to say on the subject for the foreseeable future. I suggest you check out Joytokey for the current situation.

And please move such discussion to the Tank Crew area of the forum.

Jason

• Upvote 2

Is it easier to code for using a windows Xbox controller?  I assume it isn’t but just asking.  That would at least allow someone to sit in VR and operate the tank without struggling with the keyboard

Edited by WIS-Redcoat
  • Upvote 1

@ Jason, thanks for your answer, im already using the Joystick to drive around.

but i was refering to the possibility to use normal key commands instead of mouseaiming for the turret and gun rotation and elevation.

The Moderators can move this topic to the right forum and i appologize for posting it here.

• Upvote 1