-=NT=-Baur

Baur`s KG 13 Grip.

48 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

leu5

In the "flea market" of the Russian side of this forum sometimes appear L-39 control grips, that is basically the

Russian P1-M copy of German KG-12/13, made in metal.

Or maybe Cheb2006 can cast one in metal for you - since Baur is "out of KG-13 business". ;) 

BTW - Just as curiosity VKB has a shelved project of a "KG'ish" grip (not 100% replica) made in metal, but at the best was postponed for... 2030. :) 

Redcorn

When VKB start sell Gunfighter the only grip options was KG-12A grip, but most of this early buyers don't use this grip, instead Warthog grip, include one used to say that await more than year until MCG PRO was released for test their Gunfigther, seems inconceivable to him touch a... "few buttons grip". :)

I guess that is matter of you creating a topic announcing - here and in DCS forum, that want buy one of this grips that this people will remember of their KG-12A in the drawer.

Very interesting, thank you

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, -=NT=-Baur said:

How much are you willing to pay for the metal?

I think that, If you are able to build a product with good quality and good price. You will get a best-seller product. As you know, many people like the good relation quality/price.

19 hours ago, -=NT=-Baur said:

Do you know why I asked?
Nobody thinks - how much will a metal stick cost?
Metal will be very expensive! After all, we still need to cover the stick handle with rubber.

It is better to make it the same plastic.

It was a joke. I can not make a formal announcement.
However ... I now work together with Virpil ... ;)

When anybody invest his money in an expensive gadget usually prefer a thing with enough durability. Plastic joystick usually wear and broken in several months of intensive use.
A well build Metal thing have a lot of more endurance against wear, than a cheap plastic thing.

6 hours ago, -=NT=-Baur said:

F18 stick has no rubber coating  :)

I do not believe that you buy a metal+rubber coating KG13 stick for 250-290 euros. Such products ruin us.

I´am Aircrafts Maintenance technician, and i may attest that real Airbus Sidesticks don´t have "rubber coating", they only have a proper paint coating. ...By the way the real Airbus paint finishing of the sidesticks, seem lacquered or hard paint. The rubber is bad for cleaning and disinfection, it's better the polish surfaces, because they don't absorb the dirtiness.

Spoiler

ISoOh.jpg

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Upvote 1

You transfer the conversation to another channel of the river.
Stick KG13 is very specific. The reality of sales shows that most need sticks, on which a lot of buttons! :))
And the fact that it was beneficial to do to me or to
Cheb2006 is not at all beneficial to large-scale production. 

By the way, I recommend contacting Cheb2006. We know each other and try to help each other.

And I also recommend that you read the interesting topic -

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3133178/MMaister_s_KG13A_project.html#Post3133178/url

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

leu5

In the "flea market" of the Russian side of this forum sometimes appear L-39 control grips, that is basically the

Russian P1-M copy of German KG-12/13, made in metal.

Or maybe Cheb2006 can cast one in metal for you - since Baur is "out of KG-13 business". ;) 

BTW - Just as curiosity VKB has a shelved project of a "KG'ish" grip (not 100% replica) made in metal, but at the best was postponed for... 2030. :) 

Redcorn

When VKB start sell Gunfighter the only grip options was KG-12A grip, but most of this early buyers don't use this grip, instead Warthog grip, include one used to say that await more than year until MCG PRO was released for test their Gunfigther, seems inconceivable to him touch a... "few buttons grip". :)

I guess that is matter of you creating a topic announcing - here and in DCS forum, that want buy one of this grips that this people will remember of their KG-12A in the drawer.

Good point, I will make a thread and see what happens. Hopefully like you say somebody will have one lying around. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

I think that, If you are able to build a product with good quality and good price.

A well build Metal thing have a lot of more endurance against wear, than a cheap plastic thing.

You may see people complaining that Thrustmaster F-18 AddOn grip is expensive ~$230, and that grip is mass production and just 70/80% in metal, due weight and balance concerns.

The shelved VKB KG-12A in metal has - years ago, a estimated price of $200-250 for a three buttons, two HAT grip.

Thing is that are not hundred of people around willing in buy KG-12/13 neither another "few buttons grips" even being replica of "badass" fighter, and even less made in metal, that just add cost without practical benefit.

Are cases of CH plastic grips made in 90's still working flawless (I have some) and cases of Cougar/Warthog grips shell broken because are cast in metal, jewelry pot metal.

Airbus Sidesticks don´t have "rubber coating", they only have a proper paint coating. ...

Yes, Airbus stick don't have rubber cover, but Luftwaffe KG grips grips handhold are just a metal tube with Bakelite checkered surface cover, probable why Baur mention the "rubber" for a replica. An issue difficult for MMaister solve in their KG grip.

Talking in MMaister remember me another source for KG grip - "all metal", don't know if the maker still in business - price 600 EUR. ;)

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4255604/Luftwaffe_controls_for_simmers

Don't help that pictures in topic are now gone. Anyway try PM MMaister in SimHQ.

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, -=NT=-Baur said:

You transfer the conversation to another channel of the river.
Stick KG13 is very specific. The reality of sales shows that most need sticks, on which a lot of buttons! :))

I´m agree that Kg13 is very specific product, for WWII warbirds, because you don´t need more buttons in your stick that you have in the real warbird stick. 
I suppose that nobody would buy a KG13 replica for playing in StarCitizen or any other space game. ..But contrary to many people thinks, a dozens of different airplanes, Germans and Russian had KG13 grips or a copy of them in the control stick.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen de La-7 cockpit
La-7

la9_074.jpg 

La-9

Yak9-cockpit.jpg 
Yak-7 y Yak-9

ab853ceb407062aa4c9b378a322362f4.jpg

MIG-15

And the best know Germans; Focke -Wulf,  and Messerschmitt aircrafts.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

Guys, I agree with your arguments. But, unfortunately, this does not bring us closer to the appearance of the KG13 stick in metal.
A plastic KG13 stick to get more real. 
And trust me - I really love my KG13 stick! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JgonRedcorn said:

Good point, I will make a thread and see what happens. Hopefully like you say somebody will have one lying around. 

But even if someone answer, "not all is roses".

Happens that  in VKB relatively short existence on market they manage in create 4 types of connector for their removable grips

and due this now some VKB grips are not compatible with VKB bases. :wacko: 😜

Check this detail before buy one. 

7 minutes ago, -=NT=-Baur said:

Guys, I agree with your arguments. But, unfortunately, this does not bring us closer to the appearance of the KG13 stick in metal.

Obviously a good quality plastic material, with a good finishing would be always better (for producer and for the customer), than a bad metal, prone to corrosion, cracks, and other shits.
Baur,  i think that you know well, or not?  😉

S!

I have Baur´s stick with the KG13 grip and can say I have NEVER been happier with a stick than with this one. It is a solid piece of hardware! As I fly only WW2 planes the buttons are enough on it. My throttle has all the rest I need and on top of that a tracking device for looking around etc. A metal grip would be nice, but the simple reason that it would be a very limited run item just would inflate the price a bit too much for the real benefit. Baur, you still got those pedals? ;)

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:47 PM, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Baur,  i think that you know well, or not?  😉

You must trust me :) 

2 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

Baur, you still got those pedals? ;)

I use these pedals -

P1010406-1.jpg

• Like 1

S!

Baur :) Maybe I should place an order. We had some discussion about it during winter, but I think Virpil has kept you busy :D

On 7/5/2019 at 6:27 PM, -=NT=-Baur said:

By the way, is there any picture of the VIRPIL KG13 replica grip??... prototype or something?? 

11 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

By the way, is there any picture of the VIRPIL KG13 replica grip??...

What changes are you waiting for?  😀

4 hours ago, -=NT=-Baur said:

What changes are you waiting for?  😀

Materials?? ...it wil be somthing like this ?? ...or better ??
WarBRDGripReveal2.png?w=1024