-=NT=-Baur

Baur`s KG 13 Grip.

Do you know if that would be compatible with a VKB Fat Mamba base?

I was thinking it would be great combination but do not know enough about these products

Anybody?

Do you have a web site for Europe or payment details?

Western Union. http://www.westernunion.com

Do you know what Thrustmaster sticks it would install onto?

I do not understand.

Do you know if that would be compatible with a VKB Fat Mamba base?

I was thinking it would be great combination but do not know enough about these products

BRD does not work with the VKB.

As I understand some people are installing the stick onto a Thrustmaster base assembly like the Warthog or Cougar

post-2357-0-63555000-1426190064.jpg

I see now you are producing a full stick now too complete with base assembly I just wondered what are the available options now?

Can I purchase just the grip or is it now only available as a complete item with your own base assembly

Ventus,

You can purchase only the Bauer KG-13B grip for use in your Cougar or Warthog base - as AV8R did (see in previous messages).

Or you can purchase Bauer KG-13B grip + Bauer base + electronics - in this case a complete new joystick (not sure if in kit form only or assembled...).

Or you can purchase Bauer base + electronics for use with your Cougar or Warthog grip (I think Tm F-16 FLCS/F-22 PRO are suitable, with some rewiring) - as upgrade for Cougar base (very bad in original form) or replacement for Warthog defective one -  or even for use a real grip (with modifications) - in this case send the grip for Bauer do the wiring modifications need.

As I understand Bauer have no regular production, so you need check with him what parts are available at given time.

• Upvote 1

As I understand Bauer have no regular production, so you need check with him what parts are available at given time.

Thank you! All right.

Order very much. We need to wait in line.

I do not want to show a lot of photos. In Russia, a lot of guys use my device BRD.

Thank you! All right.

Order very much. We need to wait in line.

I do not want to show a lot of photos. In Russia, a lot of guys use my device BRD.

The BRD-N:

post-2357-0-20585900-1446975257_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-13914800-1446975262_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-13671000-1446975367_thumb.jpg

post-2357-0-84486900-1446975289_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-80690400-1446975355_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-96853700-1446975380_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-45837800-1446975268_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-88822600-1446975281_thumb.jpg

The BRD-DS:

post-2357-0-57597200-1446975591_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-79817100-1446975603_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-81260400-1446975616_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sokol & Baur

Thank you so much for your replies, I think I'm now begining to get an idea of what is available and what is possible.

Its very much appreciated, going to have to give this a bit of thought, what with all the available options

Its very much appreciated, going to have to give this a bit of thought, what with all the available options

I am an engineer-craftsman :biggrin:  I manufactured a lot of different devices. But there is no design of the site. It takes a lot of time.

I'm working on a stick modern fighter. I do not like the result. :( I want to make a convenient stick. To the house could enjoy a long flight.

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=810&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Why not this one: http://avia-sim.ru/forum/files/pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_3_1_302.jpg

I like this folding triggers and the vintage look.  ;)

I did not like. Uncomfortable in the hand. Fingers can not press the top button. In general, very large. I want to make a completely new model. Connect the best part. :)

I think the way - for domestic flight simulation - is a design mixing some real grip features with comfortable ergonomics:

- Adjustable height palm rest - for different hands size.

- Folding trigger ( a charm). :)

- Dual trigger - in WWII planes one for MG, one for cannons, but with possibility to by pressed together (for modern "jets" functions).

- A good mix of HAT and press buttons  - I don't like F-16/A-10 grip because few press buttons, in WW II planes I want press buttons, not HAT corners. 

- A "pinky" button - to be used as 'shift' for other buttons/HAT.

- A "pinky" lever, as wheel brakes in some planes/heli, and for other functions.

I think the way - for domestic flight simulation - is a design mixing some real grip features with comfortable ergonomics:

Yes it is.

- Adjustable height palm rest - for different hands size.

Always.

- Folding trigger ( a charm). :)

Questionable.

- Dual trigger - in WWII planes one for MG, one for cannons, but with possibility to by pressed together (for modern "jets" functions).

- A good mix of HAT and press buttons  - I don't like F-16/A-10 grip because few press buttons, in WW II planes I want press buttons, not HAT corners. 

- A "pinky" button - to be used as 'shift' for other buttons/HAT.

- A "pinky" lever, as wheel brakes in some planes/heli, and for other functions.

Yes, ok.

This beauty has arrived today.
I have to say that is really a great piece of art!

iEgKqc.jpg

LIKY2H.jpg

Thank you very much Baur.
Waiting forward for a Bf109 or Fw190 Throttle set made by you wink!.gif

Saludos
15(Span.)/JG51 Costa

• Upvote 3

Baur

I do hope I'm not testing your patience but you said in reply to me that the KG-13B grip was not compatible with the VKB Fat Mamba

Can I ask if that would still be the case if you had the VKB conversion adapter that allows a Warthog grip to be mated to a Mamba, or is the internals of the KG 13 very different to the Warthog

The thread Jason posted about the conversion adapter is here

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19370-vkb-black-mamba-mods-available-pre-order-stratojet/

Even if that cannot be done can you tell me (or pm me) current waiting time and price in Euro of the KG-13, I ask in case the price has changed from the 280 Euros already mentioned.

If I could not fit the KG-13 to the Mamba then I could install the grip to my Warthog

Edited by Ventus

Thank you very much Baur.

:dance:

Waiting forward for a Bf109 or Fw190 Throttle set made by you wink!.gif

I need a lot of information. Photos, drawings, dimensions !? Which modes? What features? I ask to send me on e-mail - brd-2014@inbox.ru

Baur

I do hope I'm not testing your patience but you said in reply to me that the KG-13B grip was not compatible with the VKB Fat Mamba

Can I ask if that would still be the case if you had the VKB conversion adapter that allows a Warthog grip to be mated to a Mamba, or is the internals of the KG 13 very different to the Warthog

The thread Jason posted about the conversion adapter is here

I can not explain :(  Base clutch is only this -

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/4324-baurs-kg-13-grip/?p=242893

Even if that cannot be done can you tell me (or pm me) current waiting time and price in Euro of the KG-13, I ask in case the price has changed from the 280 Euros already mentioned.

I sent a parcel to Scotland. All came good! Price including shipping air mail Russia. All together (whole price) - $ 308.

I am preparing new parts.I will begin selling in January and February 2016. Now there will be more copy - KG 13A.

15[span.]/JG51Costa, on 19 Nov 2015 - 20:30, said: Waiting forward for a Bf109 or Fw190 Throttle set made by you wink!.gif

:dance:

I need a lot of information. Photos, drawings, dimensions !? Which modes? What features? I ask to send me on e-mail - brd-2014@inbox.ru

A Fw 190 "Gashebel" (throttle) is a nice option (Bf 109 is awkward), have the rocker switch to adjust propeller pitch and the grip turn do adjust the gunsight.

But this last feature and  most of controls placed on throttle console have no use in simulators other than DCS, since is only that detail this commands.

GasgriffEZ42.gif

Maybe a mix, the grip like the real one and the console with most useful press and toggle switches keeping the Fw 90 style...

• Upvote 1

Hi Baur

For you're info the only sticking point would be the electronic board that is swapped over from the Warthog to the KG 13, as you need it for both installs. If that could be sourced separately or a spare procured the Warthog could be installed on the FB Mamba base and the remaining Warthog base could be used to put your grip onto

I need to do a bit of research

Ventus

You need a CD4021 shift register chip, 4 resistors, a breadboard PCB and some solder skill to make a serial board to convert the KG-12 four buttons press in serial protocol to send to Mamba controller board, like is done in Warthog/Cougar/F22PRO/F16FLCS and Cobra M5 (used in Mamba) grips.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/debolestis/full-37484-99144-shift_register_thrustmaster_warthog_cougar_zpsk7ahmgkx.jpg

Then is just matter to use VKB soft and assign the buttons.

Perhaps Bauer have "political" reasons to don't make adapter for VKB bases. ;)

But will be no difficult you do adapter - or adapt the VKB adapter - the grip fit over a 27 mm tube:joy:

Edited by Sokol1

GasgriffEZ42.gif

Maybe a mix, the grip like the real one and the console with most useful press and toggle switches keeping the Fw 90 style...

Exactly! That´s the idea!

Saludos

15(Span.)/JG51 Costa

Thanks Sokhol

I can solder but I'm far from neat at the moment.

I'll certainly look into your links and suggestions, you are very kind and a BIG thank you for the information

This joystick nonsense is gradually turning me into an electronics tech :lol:

I can send the stick completely disassembled (not glue the parts). And electronic payment for Warthog. Do you agree?

Perhaps Bauer have "political" reasons to don't make adapter for VKB bases. ;)

Yes it is.  :biggrin:   Thank Sokol1.

Baur

Thanks for the offer, but I want to look into what I'd need I'd need to source, if it's feasible with my skill and if it's worth all the extra effort.

Before placing an order for the stick I'd like to have either made or sourced a suitable controller board, as without it the stick would be of little use to me

From what I understand I have some time as you are not taking orders until January or February next year

From what I understand I have some time as you are not taking orders until January or February next year

Yes. Time allows you to :)

Looks really good.

I did send a PM.

Looks really good.

I did send a PM.

I answered.

Guys, for ordering, contact the personal correspondence (PM).

New photos BRD-DS Raven + KG13.

post-2357-0-77169300-1461402253_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-86597400-1461402260_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-08106700-1461402273_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-03167400-1461402287_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-25915800-1461402298_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-65039000-1461402306_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-99262700-1461402318_thumb.jpg

Edited by -=NT=-Baur

Baur,

Think LuseKote ask for il-2 Stumovik control grip/column:

IL2_Page_64.jpg

Flyable Bf 109?

:good:

Edited by Sokol1

Now I understand. Such Stik can be put only on the BRD-N.

post-2357-0-70893000-1461436179_thumb.jpg

Flyable Bf 109?

:good:

Fw-190

Edited by -=NT=-Baur

Thank you Sokol1 yes I wondered if you could make this

9ec360a6-2dba-4e63-8e5a-a15f4f7fa753_zps

With your base , I am serious. I got currently this setuo

5CB38381-5390-4C49-9899-BA2FC21B4ED5_zps

But I wish for a extra control for single engine.

I ask for help !! My BRD 4000 Digital Flight is not recognized by Win 10 64 Bit, what can I do?

Thx!!

After only 18 days  a package from Russia arrived. As you can imagine I was very excited for weeks and now it's finaly there. It's a very high quality product,close to perfection. My thanks to Baur ,he is always quick to reply and answered any question I had quickly.

I had not the chance to test the Stick in a Sim yet. Propably have to wait for the Weekend,unfortunally I have other stuff to sort out first. Anyway,here is a quick picture....

post-13465-0-77814500-1463512262_thumb.jpg

Edited by ST_Pirato
  • Upvote 1