PatrickAWlson

PWCG Now has Bodenplatte campaign

It's on the Stalingrad map.  It obviously does not include planes that have not yet been delivered.  Other than those small details - it is a working campaign.  If you want to fly a Spitfire IX or P-47 in a single player campaign, now you can.  PWCG also supports coop so that is available too.  The squadrons are correct and the airfield names are changed to accurate Bodenplatte fields. 

Posting here because not everybody looks in on the PWCG section.  Please post any feedback in the PWCG section of the forum.  Have fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 8

God bless you Patrick!

I'll post this link on steam forum cos there were questions about BoBp campaign.

Great stuff! Flown a few p47 sorties with no issue! 

Edit: I just had my first ground attack mission and the generator failed to load any bombs for my wingman and myself. 

Edited by -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor

Patrick why you are not working at the company.

You make things happen.

Just wondering 🤔

Edited by Godspeed
  • Upvote 2

Great! There is only a couple SP missions available for IX and P-47 so this helps a lot!! 

On 2/14/2019 at 6:32 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

It's on the Stalingrad map.  It obviously does not include planes that have not yet been delivered.  Other than those small details - it is a working campaign.  If you want to fly a Spitfire IX or P-47 in a single player campaign, now you can.  PWCG also supports coop so that is available too.  The squadrons are correct and the airfield names are changed to accurate Bodenplatte fields. 

Posting here because not everybody looks in on the PWCG section.  Please post any feedback in the PWCG section of the forum.  Have fun.

is there any way I can use this without having to install java or is there a safe way to set it up? I'm just a little hesitant installing it 

1 hour ago, colemanuk82 said:

is there any way I can use this without having to install java or is there a safe way to set it up? I'm just a little hesitant installing it 

Unfortunately, no.  If your concern is the application it is pure desktop with no net code at all.  If Java is the concern then I'm not sure that I can help, other than to say that millions of computers, including some with extremely sensitive information, have Java installed.  In all the years that I have had Java installed I have never been infected because of Java (that usually happens when my wife clicks on something ... but that is a different subject :) )

2 hours ago, Godspeed said:

Patrick why you are not working at the company.

You make things happen.

Just wondering 🤔

Money.  I have grown fond of it and I can make a lot more of it writing software for American industry.  If I ever win the lottery ...

• Like 2

Thank you Pat for these new toys.  I was able to fly 1 mission last night in the P-47.  Wow, attacked a train station got that done then jumped by 109-G4's and was forced into a low level dog fight but was able to hold my own and not get shot down, and tried covering my wing men as best I could although 2 got shot down, oh and I did get 2 of 109's.  

If you thinking of getting PWCG don't think just do it, that is if you want to fly a P-47 and Spitfire IX.:salute:

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, colemanuk82 said:

Java is a separate language from JavaScript. The big exploits have all been in JavaScript. Java is considerably more robust. 

JavaScript, however, is probably one of the most frustrating innovations of the Internet age that we haven't found a working replacement for yet... 

Here is my take on Pat's new Bodenplatte campaign.  I take it as a preview of the up coming official release.  Correct me if I am wrong but where else can you fly a campaign flying for the US in a P-47D-25, RAF Spitfire MK.IXe, LW 106G-6 and G-14, finally a 190A-6.  I have now flown at least one mission in the campaigns in each plane, and have had a blast.  

If you are at all interested in flying a campaign in these war birds then by all means down load Pat's PWCG newest version and take your time in learning how to use it.  It is well worth it.

:good:

• Upvote 1

Yeah PWCG is awesome!

Between it and the Career Mode I am in SP Heaven!

Thanks Pat this is awesome!!!! I use this mod while flying the P-47 in PWCG. It helps the immersion a bit since I’m a yank

• Like 1

@rowdyb00t

Spot on mate, I'm flying the Spitfire (required of course as a Brit), and that same mod seems (at least in my experience) to have a lot of the English accented lines applied for the RAF. Whether that's deliberate based on Pat's assignment for the RAF in campaign, or pure luck, I'm not complaining!

Genuinely looking forward to the vanilla career for BoBP too though, intrigued to hear the vanilla RAF and USAAF lines. 

Also interested to see if we're going to get the Mustang IV as well as the P-51D 😉

Thanks for the feedback.  PWCG will properly move to the Bodenplatte map when it becomes available.  This is just a way to make the planes available ASAP.

• Upvote 2

Just flew a mission in PWCG Bodenplatte campaign.... before my flight of four Spit IX's had even reached enemy airspace we intercepted a flight of 109's.
The fight was taking us below then above the cloud base and back again... before we knew it, some Fw 190's joined the fray, it was a desperate battle, seat of the pants stuff!
I scored hits on a 109, then was bounced by a Fw... my Spit was like a colander but still flying.
I legged it for my home base, flat out and on the deck... the Fw pilot following. In the end I lured him into a turn fight and managed to shoot him down.
With my engine damaged now, I coaxed the old girl down to my airfield... gripping stuff, I'm lucky to be alive!

Many thanks Pat... this is great stuff!

In that sortie there were a great mix of aircraft... Besides our four Spits there were G14's, G6, A5's and A8's all in one big furball!  

spit_ix_1.jpg

How can I install the new version of PWCG, without losing all my career records?

Also, does anyone else have a problem with the pilot diary cutting off text? When reviewing my kills, the text continues beyond the outline of the diary, but cannot be read. 

Pat, your program is a blast. Donated a bit of money. Don’t quit your day job just yet, but know that many people really appreciate and thank you for your great work. 

Tinku

5 hours ago, Tinku74 said:

How can I install the new version of PWCG, without losing all my career records?

Also, does anyone else have a problem with the pilot diary cutting off text? When reviewing my kills, the text continues beyond the outline of the diary, but cannot be read. 

Pat, your program is a blast. Donated a bit of money. Don’t quit your day job just yet, but know that many people really appreciate and thank you for your great work. 

Tinku

1. Best to zip up your campaign directory and save it.  install the new PWCG and then put back your campaigns.  Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.  You can also just unzip the latest copy of PWCG.  It will not overwrite or erase your campaigns.  Recommend the first though,  Updates are usually backwards compatible.  I will explicitly say so when they are not (you will also see a major version bump in those cases).

2. How big is your screen in pixels?  I can look at PWCG's line creation algorithm and try to make fixes.

Hello Pat,

thanks, I'll follow your advice on copying the campaign directory folder.

My monitor's resolution is 1920x1080

Tinku

On 2/14/2019 at 6:32 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Nice and thankyou.

Is this where you get the bobp version?

5 minutes ago, konate said:

Is this where you get the bobp version?

Yes.  It's all one version.  If you want western front then choose the Bodenplatte map start the career in August 1944 or later.  

PWCG is designed to take players all the way through the eastern front, ending with Kuban in January 1944, to the west starting in August 1944, if the player wants to.  You can start your career whenever you want along that timeline.

I just added the 190D.  If you want the Dora then start your career on October 1944 (JG 26) or November 1944 (JG 2).  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I just added the 190D.  If you want the Dora then start your career on October 1944 (JG 26) or November 1944 (JG 2).

Friendship ended with Spitfire IX...😂