Every time.  Every bomb.  Is there a way?

In PWCG each bomber is an individual.  He flies his own route and has his own AttachArea.  Sometimes they drop and often they only drop some or none at all.  Is there any way to tell the AI "dammit do what I want and drop everything here!!!".

I’ve seen even independent AI (ie not in a formation) arrange themselves into a cooperative group to attack ground targets, for example all attacking in a particular direction. So I think even if they are independent they somehow are organized by the game engine at least a bit.

Is there anything funny with your attack area height? Priority? Medium seems to work for me.

I would think command attack>attack ground @ high priority would work

Am pretty sure when it is "attack ground objects" they fly in circles for quite a long time before they figure out a drop solution.

And on "command attack>attack ground", there is a minimum distance between the command attack mcu , and the way point mcu that will trigger it.  It is around 1900m, so 2200+ meter is a safe value to use.

2 hours ago, WWSitttingDuck said:

I would think command attack>attack ground @ high priority would work

I agree. Do not use the settings ground target which can have the effect that you describe Pat.

Put the command attack area at least 10 km from the last waypoint. I use 20 km.

Agreed, however depends on the type of bomber and behavior that you want.

Are we talking level bombing? Then I'd so as described above.

If however you want a diving attack (A-20, Pe-2 etc) then you need to use the "attack ground targets" box.

Aircraft flying their own, annoying attack route is just how the logic is right now. I've brought it up a number of times and hopefully it gets some attention

at some point so that it's at least predictable and we can build around it effectively.

I've noticed that placing the last waypoint a bit of distance away from the attack area MCU, and making the dive bomber turn toward it can lead to more predictable, realistic behavior.

However it can change from build to build.

I've found the more ground targets in the area when it is attack ground the better.   If there is just one, the planes can fly around forever before they either find it, or figure out how to attack it.

I've seen the command attack mcu timer run out before they even get to the point of attacking...

Yep, and they get in each other’s way,

Best to set the attack area MCU to 99 min, and use “bingo bombs” plus a timer to end the attack.

I use another trick to avoid a problem with the bingo bomb.

If you have a flight which is activated, you have a flight leader and wingmen are linked to the leader.

The problem is when the leader drops its bombs, he's bingo bomb, so, with the bingo bomb command, it activates the next waypoint. But if the wingmen didn't drop their bomb, they will never drop the bomb. 

To avoid that problem i used a timer.

In the command attack area, i set a big value like 99. I set a value which will never be reached.

For a drop bomb, the sequence is :

WP ---- Command attack area

I link a timer to the last waypoint, and i set the timer to the time i want that plane go through the attack area and the play time over the attack area. Play time is estimated for that every plane deliver her main ammo. That timer is link to the first waypoint for RTB after attack, and will be activated when the timer is over.

WP ------- Command attack area

|

Timer ---------> First waypoint RTB

Habu, I do the same thing basically, it’s just that I initiate the timer sequence with the AI leader “bingo bombs”

That seems to be the best option IME.

That way even if the leader has failed to drop bombs after a pass or two (which happens due to AI getting in each other’s way) the stop attack count down hasn’t started yet. This removes some uncertainty and guess work, and allows for some AI weirdness.

Ok, i didn't understand.  Does it still work if the leader is killed before the timer is initiated?

I make the leader invulnerable:

So the only thing that can kill the logic is the leader flying into the ground. 

So this means no dive attacks near tall hills.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, Gambit21 said:

However it can change from build to build.

That is correct. Build to build... things are changed. Problematic , but there it is. :coffee:

4 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I make the leader invulnerable:

So the only thing that can kill the logic is the leader flying into the ground. 

So this means no dive attacks near tall hills.

Ok. So it doesn't suit for me.