I fly IL2 practically every day and thoroughly enjoy it.     I also have purchased Tank Crew some time ago and 

enjoy tanking but due to the CONTROLS CONFLICT between flight and tanks I can not switch from one to other

without remapping practically everything.

This is a concern of many-many  forum comments but doesn't seem to to warrant any action from the developers.

PLEASE redo the controls conflict so that players like myself can enjoy both of their purchases. 

+1 to this.

I would so like to see individual per plane/tank controller setups.

38 minutes ago, dburne said:

+1 to this.

I would so like to see individual per plane/tank controller setups.

This has been brought up many times before.

Think. Adapt and overcome.

The keymapping settings are found in the games 'input' folder. 

1. Setup your keymapping for 'aircraft'. Save a copy of that as your flying input file. Place it in a folder named aircraft or whatever you desire.

2. Reset the keymapping to 'default' and then setup your keymapping for 'Tanks'. Save a copy of that as your tanking input file. Place in a folder named Tank.

One could even create a separate dual engine 'aircraft' input folder.

I have done this and even set all of them up as a mod that I can activate and deactivate as desired prior to launching the game.

Unfortunately we can't make such changes  'within' the game currently... but this can be a workaround. Clumsy as it may be. :coffee:

Edited by Thad
Clarification

The controls conflict between planes and tanks should not require that every player adopt a workaround or add 3rd party software in order to enjoy both games.   The other major flight sim is able to accomplish this same issue for individual planes and it works smoothly

in all respects.    This plane tank controls conflict should be resolved by the developers for all players.

No argument there. I agree. But that isn't what we currently have. We have to deal with it until there is a fix. 😑

• Upvote 1

Thad,

Appreciate your reply and unfortunately you are totally correct, it is a situation that we have to deal with until or if we ever see a fix.