Loonsy

Can someone help me with a really stupid mission idea?

So I recently got Tank Crew, had some fun with the realism, then I drove off a cliff in Kuban and got the inspiration for an X-Games tank mission where you go down a massive ramp with a jump at the end. I tried to mess around with the bridges (specifically bridge_big_2 from Stalingrad) but their Y axis is locked and you can't edit their AZ axis to tilt them.

Is there either:

A. A way to edit objects such as the aforementioned bridge so that they can be freely manipulated?

B. A way to edit the "grounds" objects (such as port_pierce50x300) to give them collision boxes so that the player can drive down them?

Some more info if it helps: I tried to edit bridge_big_2 in the stalingrad_bridges.Group file to no avail. I also noticed that there are file paths such as ...\graphics\bridges and ...\LuaScripts\bridges, however those files are missing from both directories even with show hidden folders enabled, am I missing something there? Lastly to be safe does editing files like that constitute any grounds for banning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'd be more than happy to share the mission if it works out! 😁

Edited by Loonsy

Funny - what you’re asking about however isn’t possible.

I high mountain, treacherous tank race minus the jump might be fun. :)

This idea reminds me of a stunt track that Mad Cowie made for the racing sim Grand Prix Legends (from 1998). Piles of fun but it definitely stood apart from the more serious and sublime tracks made for the sim.

Holy crap - another follower GPL’er.

I miss Spa, Zaandvoort, Monza...I could drive Silverstone on Clark and Hill’s bumper all day. 

Need a new version - and then I need a driving wheel.

Mine stopped working with W7.

Still have this on my hard drive LOL

GPL paper2.jpg

I created and posted an adjusted driver.ini file which brought Clark and Hill down into the realm of human, (but still tough) and either widened the overall span of field times, or tightened them...been to long now. In any case made them behave more realistically. Made for much better racing against the AI.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Holy crap - another follower GPL’er.

I miss Spa, Zaandvoort, Monza...I could drive Silverstone on Clark and Hill’s bumper all day. 

Need a new version - and then I need a driving wheel.

Mine stopped working with W7.

My favorites (in the Eagle) were Nurburgring, Spa, and Mosport but I also loved some of the great mod tracks, like Lime Rock Park Mountain Circuit and the Laguna Seca historic track (Monterey). I was on iRacing but stepped away to concentrate on flying sims (for now).

And just so I'm back on topic, it would be fun to see an extreme track for the tanks to play on (kind of like tanks testing grounds on steroids). :)

Edited by JimTM

I wonder how a tank would rive around up on those snowy peaks, and how steep of an incline they'd go up?

I'm fighting the urge to waste some valuable time and experiment....

Hahaha... funny - was just thinking of GPL the other day. Drove that in AoA for 15 years. Awesome game. Just wish someone would come out with a VR patch :)

So is there really no way to pull it off? My idea was to edit the lua scripts for the individual objects but like I said earlier the file path that the bridge calls do doesn't exist for me. As you can see in the picture there should be a subfolder called "Bridges" but the only folders in WorldObjects are "fixcameras" and "mapemitters". I don't want to throw in the towel already since this could open up different possibilities, imagine air races through tunnels or Death Star trench runs with AAA placed in the walls 😁

ss+(2019-02-12+at+06.16.10).png