dburne

Nate Mitchell (Oculus) - Oculus VR in 2019 and beyond

I'm standing in a  Virtual Reality  line for this!!!

image001.jpg

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, blitze said:

Quest, like Vive Pro - better res but still a narrow FOV.

Pass.

Quest is not for PC-VR anyway, totally different animal. Really nothing like the Vive Pro.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, blitze said:

Quest, like Vive Pro - better res but still a narrow FOV.

Pass.

The quest isn't for the PC. It's basically a mobile powered headset.

Yeah, really wish we had a 75Hz or even a 60Hz option. Some games just can't run 90 fps no matter how good your hardware is. Beyond that, I'm hoping we hear some news on the Rift 2 this year. My main hopes are a higher pixel density and little bit wider FoV. 210 degrees is probably asking far too much, but 140 seems reasonable.

170°, foveated rendering, good wide-sweet-spot Fresnel lenses, and high-resolution OLEDs (proper black colours) please. 

Inside out tracking 4-cams much preferred. 

A 'flashlight' feature like in WMR would be great as well.

Data miners have found “Rift S” in the coding for Oculus. A “gimme” is higher resolution. Faster frame rate rendering and improved peripheral vision would be a God send. Rumor does have it though no more separate setting up of sensors. It will be all self contained in the headset itself, which will eliminate all that fussing around in the next gen Rift.

Yeah, I’m seriously thinking of the Quest or the wife. Oculus will then have their entry, mid and high end VR line complete. Perfect fit for her style too. No cables to be yanking around and getting twisted in while thrashing zombies in the living room and I’m reliving history at my PC on my new Rift S in all its glory. The best part - no fighting for PC time to use VR.

It’s actually nice to see other companies jumping onboard besides Oculus especially in seeing them actually solving problems such as resolution and the like. I believe innovation spurs on competition. Better, faster, cheaper. Just look at the prices and advances in the television industry. Geez, I can get a good 4K 75” set now for half of what I paid for my 4K 62”.

Edited by BornToBattle

Honestly I can't wait to get off the oculus ecosystem, I hate facebook and everything they stand for and them owning oculus just makes me regret not getting an odyssey or something.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lightbulbjim said:

You can have both! 😀

That’s the plan. Now that I’ve got the Rift stable I simply can’t go back to 2D, despite the superior sharpness/speed of the graphics in 2D.  When the new Rift S comes out, things can only get better from there. Since VR is in its infancy, one can only imagine the tech that will be available and affordable years down the road.

Of course, with old farts such as myself, time is of the essence!  And after what happened to me in 2014 I’m just so grateful to be here let alone be able to experience all this great technology which allows us all to enjoy this fantastic hobby we have today. Truly a huge leap forward in immersion and to have 1CGS onboard is the absolute icing on the cake.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

That’s the plan. Now that I’ve got the Rift stable I simply can’t go back to 2D, despite the superior sharpness/speed of the graphics in 2D.  When the new Rift S comes out, things can only get better from there. Since VR is in its infancy, one can only imagine the tech that will be available and affordable years down the road.

Of course, with old farts such as myself, time is of the essence!  And after what happened to me in 2014 I’m just so grateful to be here let alone be able to experience all this great technology which allows us all to enjoy this fantastic hobby we have today. Truly a huge leap forward in immersion and to have 1CGS onboard is the absolute icing on the cake.

Sounds like you and I are in a similar boat. 2014 was very bad year for me. I too am very lucky and blessed to even be here today.

So glad I have VR now with the Rift to keep me occupied!

1 hour ago, BornToBattle said:

May I ask what your settings for Rift are?Are you using OTT ? Have you changed settings in Bin/Game/startup or only “In Game”? As I posted elsewhere I had great definition ( probably by accident ) and a re-installed messed it all up.Now I’m trying to get back to the great definition  of objects & edges & away from the glittering effect I seem to have noe ( I’m not talking about the screen door effect- that’s sort of a given with the current generation of Rift...)

Just now, dburne said:

Sounds like you and I are in a similar boat. 2014 was very bad year for me. I too am very lucky and blessed to even be here today.

So glad I have VR now with the Rift to keep me occupied!

Wow...brothers from another mother! 

Not to digress, but sometimes life is like that. Mine was a medical prognosis. The entire reason we upped and moved here (if you noticed in “Location: Minnesota”) was for the Mayo Clinic. It’s now 12-15 minutes right down the road. I am in a far, FAR, better place both physically and mentally from where I was back in the fall of 2014.

Anyways, yes...to be able to experience this when I’ve got my “me time” (all you married guys knows what this is) to be able to do what I’ve been doing ever since I had my Apple LCIII it’s its whopping 150GB hard drive with Fly! installed is truly amazing. 

I had tried the Rift at Best Buy as Oculus had that sign up for a time slot and try demo thing going. It was pretty impressive. The immersion level won out over the razor sharp graphics for me, which was really surprising. I’m a kind of eye candy nutcase with all sliders to the right kind of guy. Well, with a 2D display that was as an immersive experience as I could get. The “cats meow” as it were. Went out and got a 42” Samsung curved 4K screen to boot. Built my own rig. Then my buddy was visiting up from AZ and brought his Rift along (que ominous music from Jaws) and the first time I slipped it on over my head sitting there in that IL-2 Spitfire...well, suddenly that 4K 42” monitor and graphics was anciently obsolete. I was sold on VR, as much as I wish the resolution was higher and faster speeds at distance when planes go whizzing by wouldn’t blur, the fact that my senses told me I was actually SITTING IN A SPITFIRE during that time period was over the top.

Dburne, much of the time I don’t even enter any combat mode, career or otherwise. The other night I just took up the little P-U2 and made it winter at sunset and just marveled at how immersive it was. My own little escape - and thinks on how grateful I am to be able to experience it all today. So yeah, to say I’m grateful from where I’ve been is a VAST understatement. 

What battles we all go through while simming is nothing when compared to the battles we go through in real life. But it’s things like being able to experience the gift of flight at this level and not even having to leave your own home to do it that just adds that little zest to life and makes one appreciate the “little things” and that makes it all worthwhile. Little did I know how much BornToBattle was going to mean to me personally when I chose that gamer tag years before 2014 hit. Ugh. Not in a million years...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:good:

I hear ya, I am somewhat limited myself in what I can do. Mine was from a large stroke suffered during a surgical procedure that permanently changed my life forever.  I was very lucky to even get off the operating table. So now I am retired (disabled) but having a blast with flying in VR, it is my great escape! Mine was also the reason we upped and moved to Florida. I was planning to retire in about 8 years but this was the reason we did so sooner.  My wife wanted me to have some semblance of a life again, and it has been great for me.

I get my thrills though in combat mode, SP only - spend all my gaming time in both the Career and PWCG.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BornToBattle said:

Wow...brothers from another mother! 

Not to digress, but sometimes life is like that. Mine was a medical prognosis. The entire reason we upped and moved here (if you noticed in “Location: Minnesota”) was for the Mayo Clinic. It’s now 12-15 minutes right down the road. I am in a far, FAR, better place both physically and mentally from where I was back in the fall of 2014.

Anyways, yes...to be able to experience this when I’ve got my “me time” (all you married guys knows what this is) to be able to do what I’ve been doing ever since I had my Apple LCIII it’s its whopping 150GB hard drive with Fly! installed is truly amazing. 

I had tried the Rift at Best Buy as Oculus had that sign up for a time slot and try demo thing going. It was pretty impressive. The immersion level won out over the razor sharp graphics for me, which was really surprising. I’m a kind of eye candy nutcase with all sliders to the right kind of guy. Well, with a 2D display that was as an immersive experience as I could get. The “cats meow” as it were. Went out and got a 42” Samsung curved 4K screen to boot. Built my own rig. Then my buddy was visiting up from AZ and brought his Rift along (que ominous music from Jaws) and the first time I slipped it on over my head sitting there in that IL-2 Spitfire...well, suddenly that 4K 42” monitor and graphics was anciently obsolete. I was sold on VR, as much as I wish the resolution was higher and faster speeds at distance when planes go whizzing by wouldn’t blur, the fact that my senses told me I was actually SITTING IN A SPITFIRE during that time period was over the top.

Dburne, much of the time I don’t even enter any combat mode, career or otherwise. The other night I just took up the little P-U2 and made it winter at sunset and just marveled at how immersive it was. My own little escape - and thinks on how grateful I am to be able to experience it all today. So yeah, to say I’m grateful from where I’ve been is a VAST understatement. 

What battles we all go through while simming is nothing when compared to the battles we go through in real life. But it’s things like being able to experience the gift of flight at this level and not even having to leave your own home to do it that just adds that little zest to life and makes one appreciate the “little things” and that makes it all worthwhile. Little did I know how much BornToBattle was going to mean to me personally when I chose that gamer tag years before 2014 hit. Ugh. Not in a million years...

High preset, medium shadows, 100km draw, 2xAA, 130% on steam VR and whatever else you want on or off and your framerate should be rock steady. Oh and clouds on high, always have clouds on high.

3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

May I ask what your settings for Rift are?Are you using OTT ? Have you changed settings in Bin/Game/startup or only “In Game”? As I posted elsewhere I had great definition ( probably by accident ) and a re-installed messed it all up.Now I’m trying to get back to the great definition  of objects & edges & away from the glittering effect I seem to have noe ( I’m not talking about the screen door effect- that’s sort of a given with the current generation of Rift...)

To just quickly add what JonRedcorn said;

Not running Steam VR and IL-2, using Open Composite with no problems. Since Oculus is running anyways, I can launch IL-2 from here now as well. I’ve got all slider sets in IL-2  maxed, but a few things I tweaked on my rig running W10 is power mangement mode for graphics card I set for performance, I found my USB ports were all being throttled back at times the default setting was for them to have the capabilities of being reduced or shut off completely for power conservation. I know have all USB ports unchecked in the device management menu (listed within the Windows Control Panel).

The other thing was adjusting my Rift sensors. I have one each at each side of a 42” monitor, with perhaps an extra 8”  extended out from there. I also went ahead (outside of the normal Rift sensor setup) and simply hand turned each sensor more inward, forcing them to overlap sensing range.

I had terrible glitchy graphics in an inconsistent manner which was driving me nuts. Opening up all USB ports to full throttle power and adjusting both sensors slightly further apart and turning them both inward some did the trick. I’ve flown over 12 hours now and it hasn’t happened again at all. Looking back now and having eliminating Steam VR as a suspect for my graphics troubles I could go ahead and simply click back to have Steam VR run once again, but I prefer not to “rock the boat” at this point. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it kinda thing.

Opening" USB ports?" New to me-is this simple sort of procedure? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Opening" USB ports?" New to me-is this simple sort of procedure? Thanks!

He is just talking about disabling power management for each USB in Device Manager.

I do that for all my USB ports/hubs.

22 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

High preset, medium shadows, 100km draw, 2xAA, 130% on steam VR and whatever else you want on or off and your framerate should be rock steady. Oh and clouds on high, always have clouds on high.

If you are using High Preset, you may as well try the Ultra as it seems to run better than the High preset for some reason. 

1 hour ago, blitze said:

If you are using High Preset, you may as well try the Ultra as it seems to run better than the High preset for some reason. 

Really? 

Ultra seems to give better fps for me than High.  No idea why but as far as performance and loss goes it is Basic, Balanced, Ultra, and High which is the worst performer. 

46 minutes ago, blitze said:

Ultra seems to give better fps for me than High.  No idea why but as far as performance and loss goes it is Basic, Balanced, Ultra, and High which is the worst performer. 

That's interesting I will have to give it a try.

👻

Repeatedly stating some vague feeling, still no documented FPS on it ceteris paribus. Still claiming this or that that contradicts all actual tests done.

Others might simply call it lies. But that wouldn't be decent. We want to collect data scientifically here. That's the only way to differentiate between facts and "hearsay". On the Internet, it's just as important as in reality - or even moreso, because anyone can write anything anonymously without shame (social control) afterwards.

In medias res: Blitze, go and record frames on the test track, join chiliwili69's performance thread and post your findings in comparison there. Then, when others have confirmed it, it can be considered true. You're more than welcome to do so. 

• Upvote 1

You want to compare Oranges to Apples Fennis.

Get of your Dog Kennel and give us a break.  Tests that apply both with VR smoothness and capability with one headset that is previous Gen does not apply to the newer headsets from a different company with completely different criteria.

Also, the High vs Ultra Setting fps differences have been shown by others in the forums here to be different be it on monitor or headset.  Would you like me to screen shot everything for you - settings in game - SteamVR - PiTool.??  Would that satiate your need for Scientific Inquiry - Maybe you can take a holiday to Finland and I can personally walk you through the experience as my system displays.  Even if I do post up screen grabs - what is to say that they are in relation to what I am claiming - I could easily put up settings and resultant screen shots from one set mixed with another.  There is No Program that will give all the data variables displayed when Il2 is in flight.  It is quite easy for Jon to test High and Ultra settings himself on his system and see if there is a difference.  He can then either say great - it is different and Ultra is faster or No - it isn't better and High is faster and I will be fine with that.

For me I have spent the last month and a couple thousand on testing and tuning my findings and if they are of no use to you (which given you use a Rift probably aren't) then fine by me.

I also fly VR at 40 to 70 fps pending on the settings and I know that for you that would be sacrilege.

As for the Scientific Method in the Modern Age - it seems quite corrupt and more focused on Research Grants / $$$€€€ rather than actually proving a hypothesis with data that can be replicated by ones Peers.  All in the age of Fake News.  Keep on keeping on.

• Sad 1

My .02 cents worth.

Turn that dang fps counter off.

If you get a smooth and stutter free experience in VR, enjoy the heck out of it.

If you don't, turn it on and analyze fps with changes made till you do, then turn it off again.

Anyway this thread was about Oculus VR in 2019 and beyond.

;)

Anyone else have interest in the upcoming Quest? (obviously not for what we do with combat flight sims).

I am thinking more and more of picking one up on release.

Something about lounging in my recliner in the den playing the new Star Wars Vador Immortal game has an appeal.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Turn that dang fps counter off.

Unfortunately some of us like having a smooth experience with the least amount of visual artifacts and glitches. In order to do that you need to get 90fps or right up to it all the time. ASW and choppy frame rates in VR are horrible and I can't understand how people here enjoy playing the game with either ASW on or FPS hovering in the 50-60s.

But you guys do you. I'll stick to a real buttery smooth experience.

16 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Unfortunately some of us like having a smooth experience with the least amount of visual artifacts and glitches. In order to do that you need to get 90fps or right up to it all the time. ASW and choppy frame rates in VR are horrible and I can't understand how people here enjoy playing the game with either ASW on or FPS hovering in the 50-60s.

But you guys do you. I'll stick to a real buttery smooth experience.

You still have problems? You posted all was smooth and great after one of the updates.

You need a 2080 Ti

On 2/27/2019 at 9:51 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

We want to collect data scientifically here. That's the only way to differentiate between facts and "hearsay"

I can not agree more with Fenris here. We have thousand of combinations to test here (PC hardware changes, VR settings, Game settings, etc)

It is good to comment on ways to improve the experience, but sometimes we all tend to make our own impressions a fact. And this is a risky thing. 

Your previous claims about performance increase resulted in no gain at all as demonstrated here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42832-multi-threaded-optimisation-for-il2-and-vr/?do=findComment&comment=729113

And the good thing of science is that everybody here can check it out by themselves in their own PC.

To avoid subjectivities we only need a measuring tool.

And yes, I play with the fps counter off. But it doesn´t mean I am not interested and open in finding new ways (hardware, VR devices, settings, etc) to improve the IL-2 VR experience.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chiliwili69 said:

I can not agree more with Fenris here. We have thousand of combinations to test here (PC hardware changes, VR settings, Game settings, etc)

It is good to comment on ways to improve the experience, but sometimes we all tend to make our own impressions a fact. And this is a risky thing. 

Your previous claims about performance increase resulted in no gain at all as demonstrated here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42832-multi-threaded-optimisation-for-il2-and-vr/?do=findComment&comment=729113

And the good thing of science is that everybody here can check it out by themselves in their own PC.

To avoid subjectivities we only need a measuring tool.

And yes, I play with the fps counter off. But it doesn´t mean I am not interested and open in finding new ways (hardware, VR devices, settings, etc) to improve the IL-2 VR experience.

There is nothing wrong with that but given the example of Chilli's nice presentation - it is based on his system which, frankly is irrelevant to my system.  I must make a sig with my specs listed but I have countless times stated my specs and also my settings and anyone with a similar setup is more than welcomed to try those settings and see if their milage varies.  This I think is more important.

Also, with previous Gen Headsets - maybe high FPS is a requirement but I am not finding this to be the case with the Pimax 8K of which I can get a reasonable flying / dying experience at 40 FPS or more.  Maybe it is the smoothing algorithm in the SteamVR Beta that is being used - I don't know.  I am currently testing various variables with the new firmware and PiTool that was just released.  For me, their smoothing feature - whilst a help in some apps - is not good for Il2 as half the time you are fighting with the sun in your face and the smoothing warps when subjected to bright lit screen scenes.  It is better to turn it off, have a lower overall frame rate but a clearer image which is still smooth.

Now - how would charting up my experience help someone with a Vive or a Rift?

My only bane with the 8K HMD is not having 6DOF and being able to move into the gun sight when targeting enemy planes or dropping bombs.  I am dealing with it and maybe one day, Valve/HTC will release lighthouse 2 modules to their industry partners so that the Pimax customers who have ordered them can receive them.  Either that or be real about trying to promote an open VR ecosystem and allow others to manufacture the lighthouses based on the Version 2 specifications.

BTW Virtual Desktop is great.

7 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

You still have problems? You posted all was smooth and great after one of the updates.

You need a 2080 Ti

I am not having issues anymore. The FPS counter was crucial in figuring out the right settings to get a playable framerate for me. Also 1300 dollars for a 25-30% gain in frame rates in some games is not really my idea of money well spent. The 2080ti is one of the most absurd pieces of tech I've ever seen. I payed half that for my 1080ti.

Edited by JonRedcorn

3 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

I am not having issues anymore. The FPS counter was crucial in figuring out the right settings to get a playable framerate for me. Also 1300 dollars for a 25-30% gain in frame rates in some games is not really my idea of money well spent. The 2080ti is one of the most absurd pieces of tech I've ever seen. I payed half that for my 1080ti.

They are going up in price, I paid $1,100 , but can tell you a  2080 Ti is great, put one in and just play , forget about figuring best settings, all on Ultra settings even mirrors and smooth gameplay.

Waste of money? I  learned a years ago its best to have the very best hardware and spend the money , than wasting lots of time , trying to gain few FPS and frustration  like you seem to had for a long time trying to get best results .(plus you can sell it for good price as soon as the next one is released).

54 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

They are going up in price, I paid $1,100 , but can tell you a  2080 Ti is great, put one in and just play , forget about figuring best settings, all on Ultra settings even mirrors and smooth gameplay.

Waste of money? I  learned a years ago its best to have the very best hardware and spend the money , than wasting lots of time , trying to gain few FPS and frustration  like you seem to had for a long time trying to get best results .(plus you can sell it for good price as soon as the next one is released).

I think we'll all have to eventually get the 2080,but I think I'll wait until the next generation of Rift ( or until the newest headsets today get all the kinks out) to pair them up.

3 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Yeah I am with you there on the hardware.

I used to not be that way, VR gave me a little push lol.

The 1080ti was the best card on the planet till the 2080ti came out the 2080 is not even always better than the 1080ti. Not about to spend 1300 dollars on a gpu to look at low resolution graphics in my oculus rift. Yall are acting like I'm sporting a 1060 and a ryzen processor. 

I bought a 1080ti when people on here were saying the exact same thing. Oh just buy the best hardware and you don't have to worry about settings. That ended up not being true at all and even with a 2080ti you're not getting 90fps locked at ultra settings. It's not the gpu holding the frame rate back it's the cpu and until we get a massive increase in IPC on the cpu front there's nothing you can do and throwing thousands of dollars in gpus at the problem doesn't solve it. 

At the end of the day it is a waste of money to me to spend a small fortune on a gpu that still drops to the 50s and 60s on any settings under heavy load. 

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, blitze said:

You want to compare Oranges to Apples Fennis.

Get of your Dog Kennel and give us a break.  Tests that apply both with VR smoothness and capability with one headset that is previous Gen does not apply to the newer headsets from a different company with completely different criteria.

Also, the High vs Ultra Setting fps differences have been shown by others in the forums here to be different be it on monitor or headset.  Would you like me to screen shot everything for you - settings in game - SteamVR - PiTool.??  Would that satiate your need for Scientific Inquiry - Maybe you can take a holiday to Finland and I can personally walk you through the experience as my system displays.  Even if I do post up screen grabs - what is to say that they are in relation to what I am claiming - I could easily put up settings and resultant screen shots from one set mixed with another.  There is No Program that will give all the data variables displayed when Il2 is in flight.  It is quite easy for Jon to test High and Ultra settings himself on his system and see if there is a difference.  He can then either say great - it is different and Ultra is faster or No - it isn't better and High is faster and I will be fine with that.

For me I have spent the last month and a couple thousand on testing and tuning my findings and if they are of no use to you (which given you use a Rift probably aren't) then fine by me.

I also fly VR at 40 to 70 fps pending on the settings and I know that for you that would be sacrilege.

As for the Scientific Method in the Modern Age - it seems quite corrupt and more focused on Research Grants / $$$€€€ rather than actually proving a hypothesis with data that can be replicated by ones Peers.  All in the age of Fake News.  Keep on keeping on.

As you so gallandly (sic) put, I shall leave the dog kennel. This is such a golden post, I've had to come out of my kennel and conserve it.

This man has never even been close to a scientific environment. The way he answered to chiliwili puts a seal on that. I bet you watch Alex Jones for his truth bombs on science too. It's all about Fake News and Research Grants / $$$€€€, they even make the freaking frogs gay!! 😂👍

@blitze Not sorry man. I like Storks too, but if you want to be taken seriously, you could at least run the tests like everyone else and help everyone by evaluating what works and what doesn't. And no, you can't just select Ultra, then fly around, and judge it to be "running faster" than High. If you don't want to get laughed at, you got to prove that miracle, which has only been witnessed on your PC so far. Everything MAX, it gives MAX fps! Does it regularly happen, or just when the Northern Lights weave across Earth's disk? 😁

Prove it, I'll even send you a beer to Finland.

P.S. Since your Pimax runs at 80Hz, 40fps is not as bad of a "sacrilege" as you may think.

P.P.S. If you want to start another round of smacktalk, be my guest. I got rusty with age.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

As you so gallandly (sic) put, I shall leave the dog kennel. This is such a golden post, I've had to come out of my kennel and conserve it.

This man has never even been close to a scientific environment. The way he answered to chiliwili puts a seal on that. I bet you watch Alex Jones for his truth bombs on science too. It's all about Fake News and Research Grants / $$$€€€, they even make the freaking frogs gay!! 😂👍

@blitze Not sorry man. I like Storks too, but if you want to be taken seriously, you could at least run the tests like everyone else and help everyone by evaluating what works and what doesn't. And no, you can't just select Ultra, then fly around, and judge it to be "running faster" than High. If you don't want to get laughed at, you got to prove that miracle, which has only been witnessed on your PC so far. Everything MAX, it gives MAX fps! Does it regularly happen, or just when the Northern Lights weave across Earth's disk? 😁

Prove it, I'll even send you a beer to Finland.

P.S. Since your Pimax runs at 80Hz, 40fps is not as bad of a "sacrilege" as you may think.

P.P.S. If you want to start another round of smacktalk, be my guest. I got rusty with age.

As much as I love watching Alex Jones 🤣  I'll stick to CrossTalk.  Alex has that English nutter who is quite entertaining to watch but I can't remember his name.  He did a funny rant on Soy Boys though.

You're right - I was full of S**t but, using Chilli's test track and my usual settings where by the only difference was I selected Balanced / High / Ultra - the difference between High and Ultra on my lowely system was minimal.  Maybe it is different when the Northern Lights are showing (are we talking Terence and Phillip Northern Lights or the other kind??)

As for the beer - please, Finland needs them.  Actually I quite like English and French Beer - in the case of the French, it is quite good unlike their wine and champagne of which I'll take German any day or any other country South or East there of.

Here is a lovely graph of my testing for all to behold and enjoy 😀👍

image.thumb.png.4472c8386f1b54ba795a2de983367e9e.png