Sign in to follow this  
bubo942

AMD Videocard

Hello guys ,

Im thinking about getting RX 570 or RX 580 Video Card  , so my question is do anyone here have experience with this card on IL-2 BOX or what level of detail should i expect.

Thank you for answer :) .

They are quite capable cards with performance comparable to the GTX 1060. At 1080p resolution, ultra settings in Il-2 are no problem. 

Be aware that the 4 GB and 8 GB versions will have some differences in price and performance.

I have an 8GB 480 and can run on Ultra settings with decent fps. If you have a faster cpu than me you will have even better luck. Anyone get one of the new R7s yet? I'm curious how they will do in DCS, IL2, and xplane with 16GB of VRAM.

22 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

I have an 8GB 480 and can run on Ultra settings with decent fps. If you have a faster cpu than me you will have even better luck. Anyone get one of the new R7s yet? I'm curious how they will do in DCS, IL2, and xplane with 16GB of VRAM.

If I take an close look at all the testings, I think for the  BoX on a monitor, the same priced RTX2080 is a better choice. More interested in the VR performance as the old HBM 4GB FuryX could compete to the GTX1080 in VR mode. 

3 hours ago, skline00 said:

Just got a Radeon VII. Now That is powerful!:rofl:

Guess you do not have an VR gear

Dutch2, yes I do. Oculus Rift which I'm running on my third rig, AMD 2600x/gtx1080/16g DDR3200.

22 hours ago, skline00 said:

Dutch2, yes I do. Oculus Rift which I'm running on my third rig, AMD 2600x/gtx1080/16g DDR3200.

Any improvements regarding the R7 vs GTX1080TI 

kestral79, my Oculus Rift rig uses a GTX 1080.

Dutch2, the difference between the GTX 1080 and the GTX1080TI was noticeable. The R7 has reduced the gap significantly on "feel".  I'll run some frap test scores in the next week between the R7 and the GTX1080TI to give you some perspective.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, skline00 said:

kestral79, my Oculus Rift rig uses a GTX 1080.

Dutch2, the difference between the GTX 1080 and the GTX1080TI was noticeable. The R7 has reduced the gap significantly on "feel".  I'll run some frap test scores in the next week between the R7 and the GTX1080TI to give you some perspective.

It seems that the HBM2 Vram is ideal for VR.  The RTX2080ti is to expensive, so the €700,- RTX2080 and Vega7 will come more in my budget. 

Edited by Dutch2

I think the high bandwith memory is very underrated and not many understand it properly. For one thing, I believe it greatly decreases stuttering and micro-stuttering.

• Upvote 1