F/JG300_Faucon

Fictional plane set

Fictional plane-set  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested by fictional plane-sets (like VVS vs USAAF)

• Yes
    • No

At the time of 1946, thx to the large plane-set available (and because the game doesn't have to be 100% historical to have fun), I was sometimes hosting a dogfight server with a fictional plane-set. In fact it was mainly about VVS vs USAAF. 

The goal was just to fight something else than 109s and 190s, try something new. And I remember it had quite some success. But I never went further than a simple dogfight room without ground objectives. 

Now unfortunatly the community is too small to make it possible. 

But... just to see if I'm not the only one interested by that kind of idea. 

popular servers used to have event nigts one or two time as month, where you could have some less popular or this type of fictonal scenarious, it was welcomed change in 1946 and its good idea, dont know how it would be here it seams its imposible to get most of ppl to not fly 109s or 190s how servers are now days. 

I prefer quality content over quantity, some ppl want silly planes in game ( or to many, or just plane ridiculous, pun intended ) , i prefer we  allows devs to focus resources better, rather than request stupid silly planes in game.

that's my thoughts.

development time on each plane added is considerable

• Upvote 2

I hate "What If"- scenarios - that's definitely not my cup of tea. Better invest resources on historical theaters / plane sets.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

I hate "What If"- scenarios - that's definitely not my cup of tea. Better invest resources on historical theaters / plane sets.

Maybe I misunderstood, but the question wasn´t if 1C should develop a 1946 planeset, but if the already existing US planes should be set against already existing VSS planes for MP. No extra development time necessary here.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, =RS=Stix_09 said:

I prefer quality content over quantity, some ppl want silly planes in game ( or to many, or just plane ridiculous, pun intended ) , i prefer we  allows devs to focus resources better, rather than request stupid silly planes in game.

that's my thoughts.

development time on each plane added is considerable

On 2/11/2019 at 9:58 PM, -IRRE-Therion said:

13 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Should have a third choice; Not now, but probably later into development.

He is not proposing devs to build anything, he is saying to have mission or two with existing map and existing airplanes, where you have what if scenarious ( like some coop missions you have with MC202 as Ki-61 vs P-40s or spit vs or p-39s pretending its New Guinea on Kuban map).

In old 1946 you could have popular servers hosting special events once or twice a month with some what if or less popular eras of ww2, same could be done here with existing airplanes on existing maps as there is planty of airplanes already in game, but there is realy not so big interest in such things as it was then.

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

He is not proposing devs to build anything, he is saying to have mission or two with existing map and existing airplanes, where you have what if scenarious ( like some coop missions you have with MC202 as Ki-61 vs P-40s or spit vs or p-39s pretending its New Guinea on Kuban map).

Well, mate, to me it is a difference to simulate (reenact) a historical battle with placeholder planes on a placeholder map - there is nothing wrong with it.

But "What if" scenarios like LW having a moon base on the dark side of the moon, thousands of jet tech planes, nuclear tech, house sized tanks etc. or

the big clash between USA and USSR over Europe, is an other story. That's what I was referring to.

Cheerio

personally history flights are great, and long as its fun and enjoyable im in . i also have no issues with non real historical stuff too, it does not have to be a flight(s)/missions "based" on real events. i bet if it was strictly historic mission, we would be bored 95% of the time and 5 % in some sort of  action.
no matter what people want/feel , this is always going to be a game 1st sim second.
I think moon flying would not be my thing tho... 🤩

in prop plane, that is, otherwise might as well play space engineers...😀

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:58 AM, -IRRE-Therion said:

. . .  "What if" scenarios like LW having a moon base on the dark side of the moon, thousands of jet tech planes, nuclear tech, house sized tanks etc. . . . .

I would buy that!  All I would need to add would be F5F's and the Blackhawks nemesis, the War Wheel!

Picture100.jpg

Edited by Vig
spacing