Sign in to follow this  
Uriah

Pilot Snap views - must hold key?

On the various Pilot snap views it seems that one must keep the button pressed to keep in a given snap view.  As an example, if I have a hat switch and have the 180 set to view behind me and I press and hold that key the I keep that view.  But as soon as I let go the pilot head view returns to front and center.   Is there a way of not having to keep a snap view key pressed? 

I think what you need to do is press the F9 key to cycle through the view modes and change it to 'Gradual quick view'. In that mode when you select a view using hatswitch it wont return to front/center. 

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

What is the action for F9?

You have the upper/lower modifier keys, too. They need to be hold to access the upper and lower sets of snapshots, thought.

Testing things out I found that if one has TrackIR on then you can only have "Change pilot head control method" (F9 default) set to give you 'centered quick view' which means you have to keep the snap key pressed to keep at that view.  However, if you turn TrackIR off then when pressing F9 it will cycle you through several view, one of which will allow you not to have to keep the snap key pressed.  I find this disappointing as I wanted to switch between TrackIR view and a snap key view without having to keep the snap key continually pressed.

So, I have another question for another post.

Track IR user here. I have my joystick setup with pushing up on the hat switch will "zoom to gunsight". Only thing that sucks is having to hold it down to remain there, it can get tricky when firing guns or rockets. Wish there was a way to just press it once and press it again to return to normal view like in Warthunder, CoD, IL246. I think there's ways to configure this in joystick software but that's too complex for me :)

I notice you have a warthog throttle - i use the thumb 4 ways FWD push for this. Much better than on the stick

Are you talking about the thumb area hat on the Warthog? I have that set for some custom views already like checking gauges, I agree might be easier putting the zoom to gun sight over on that side good idea instead of my stick!

yup the thumbhat. Also this is a fantastic little bit of genius that helps better with looking at the guages without a snap view