Sign in to follow this  
=LG=Coldman

Il-2:Great Battles Po-2/U-2VS Raw rocket test

Practice flight on 72AG training server with new modification 8x rockets!!! same as the Il-2 can carry!!! Unlimited rockets on! My first try on it so a lot of misses. It's tricky to aim with those but very fun to do.

• Like 5

i have no idea. I did not know that they used rockets on this small plane :P i was scary that when I fire all of them plane will stop in air 😄 but you cant launch all at once ;) i didn't try attack from higher altitude and angle, maybe it wolud be easier. It's fuuny how You have to imagine the gunsight and aim it properly beacause this mechanical sight is hard for me to set my head on it :( Maybe in VR it's easier but my headtracker is pushed to the limits :( 

I would think igniting rockets from under fabric covered wings would be a bad idea.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

__   It's fuuny how You have to imagine the gunsight and aim it properly beacause this mechanical sight is hard for me to set my head on it :( Maybe in VR it's easier but my headtracker is pushed to the limits :( 

When 2.75 inch rockets were mounted on the UH-1B, only the pilot had a fold down reflex sight. The copilot would observe where the rockets hit and mark that point on his windshield/canopy with a grease pencil marker. Most targets were engaged at less than 1000 yards and within that distance, the rockets flew relatively straight and with little drop. Using the mark on the canopy, the copilot could bring accurate rocket fire on ground targets.

I also use TrackIR, but I have set up a snap view of the ring sight which works reasonably well.  :pilot:

• Like 1

From my own experience, I'd suggest this:

• You should definitely use your gunsight for aiming and not just "guess" where the rockets will go.
  • Remember which side the last rocket came from and take your convergency settings into account, otherwise the left/right distribution will become more or less random.
  • Gently dive on your target, rather aim a tad too low that too high, and go slooooow.

Worked a treat for me so far.

The biggest issue I've had with the RBS82's was that I got too close to the tanks and the rockets didn't arm before impact.

Which probably was a good thing, because if they did arm, I would have killed the tank and with it, myself as well.

:drinks:

Mike 

• Like 1