Sign in to follow this  
KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

How I change the "hight" of my pilots seat?

Hello pilots,

as the title is saying it, I need to sit a little bit more up in my seat.

So I can see just a little bit over the engine, what would suit me more for many reasons.

As I see regularly on youtube, other pilots are sitting higher in their seats, so it must be possible.

I use TrackIR-Pro, but there I could not find some option to that, beside I am also not that kind of a tech man who is understanding everything on first approach.

Is it somewhere in the ingame options?

 Adjusting the default head position:
1. Ensure any head tracking software (such as TrackIR) is disabled.
2. Make sure you cockpit view is centered by pressing the numpad 5 key (Pilot head: snap
position center).
3. Adjust your camera view to the left and to the right with the Delete (Move pilot head
left) and the End keys (Move pilot head right), respectively.
4. Adjust your camera view forward and backward with the Insert (Move pilot head
forward) and the Home keys (Move pilot head backward), respectively.
5. Adjust your camera view up and down with the Page Up (Move pilot head up) and the
Page Down keys (Move pilot head down), respectively.
6. Once you are satisfied with your changes, press the F10 key (Save current corrections in
head snap position). If at any time before this step you want to revert to the default
head position, press the numpad 5 key.

• Thanks 1

Or even easier.  Slouch down in your seat a bit then recenter your TrackIr.  When you sit up in your normal position you will be higher.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great!

But will it be saved "forever"?

Meaning, when I go out of the game and will play it two days later, is it than in as saved before?

4 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Or even easier.  Slouch down in your seat a bit then recenter your TrackIr.  When you sit up in your normal position you will be higher.

Was not working for me at all, cause of my distance to the Track IR sensor and the chair ....such stuff.

10 minutes ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Was not working for me at all, cause of my distance to the Track IR sensor and the chair ....such stuff.

The distance to the sensor should not be a factor.  Trackir should allow you to 'sit up' in your seat, ie raise your head at least at least 7cm by straightening your back and stretching your neck, and your view in the cockpit should do the same (or more).   If it does not then you must not have  vertical movement (Y axis?) set up.   What I suggested is just a temporary fix anyway.  dBurne gave you the correct answer though you can probably skip steps 3 & 4 if it is just the vertical part you are adjusting.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

I meant that. Because I sit so "deep", I can raise my back and head and still dont get the effect.

There is no other type of chair available in the room where I am flying.

Well, thank you guys, I will try the thing dburne has written.

22 minutes ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

I meant that. Because I sit so "deep", I can raise my back and head and still dont get the effect.

There is no other type of chair available in the room where I am flying.

Well, thank you guys, I will try the thing dburne has written.

While it may require a little amount of trial and error, it is a permanent fix and aircraft independent.

• Thanks 1

I've found the F10 solution to be the best, because it allows me to use the 'recenter' command for setting the view back to the center when it gets off of my physical neutral position. 

Basically, I use F10 to tell the game where my default eyes go in the airplane, and the recenter command to tell the headset where my default eye position is in the physical world. 

Edited by Voyager
  • Upvote 1

It seems best to have TrackIR paused.

First, the action 'Save current corrections in head snap position (default key F10) is saving what will be the default view of looking forward and centered. 

But if you want to customize one of the 'Pilot head snap position' actions like the 'center and forward' then there is a bit of a trick to it.

You do have to have the keys set up for moving pilot head forward and back and left and right and up and down and head bowed (up or down). 

Once you have those set up then …

Press down the Pilot head snap key you want to customize the view angle for.  The trick is you have to keep it pressed down.  I don't think I have come across anybody else stating that fact.  Now while you have it pressed down use those head moving keys and even the zoom keys to get the view angle you want.  Be sure to keep the snap key pressed down.  Now while you still have that pressed, press the 'Save current corrections in head snap position (default key F10).  Then you can let go of both keys.  Go ahead and un-pause Track-IR. 

Now you can fly around with Track-IR and when you want that one special view you can press that snap key and keep it pressed.  While you have it pressed Track-IR does not respond to your head movement.  But as soon as you let go it takes over again.

I like to have my default view setting high in the cockpit so I can overlook the nose of the plane better.  But when I do that the gun site is out of alignment and I can't see the cross hairs.  So when I do want to see the cross hairs I just press the key I have assigned to give me that special view with a good look on the gun site. 

It seems you have to set this up for each plane. 

It really shouldn't be that complicated. It is what TrackIr is supposed to do by default ie you sit up in your seat and your virtual pilots head does the same.   You certainly should not have to set up snap views to get it when you already have TrackIr.     The only time I used a snapview with TrackIr was with the I16 because when my normal flying position was aligned with the gunsights I could not slouch far enough down in my seat to see the top of the instrument panel which was awkward when landing.  Now I use EdTracker instead of TrackIr and when combined with OpenTrack I can get my head position to lower and move forward when I look down so seeing the whole panel on an I16 is easy.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
spelling

Flying with TrackIR I have these views setup on my hat switch. Together they work fairly well:

Hat up= Zoom to gunsight

hat down= check 6

hat down on throttle=check gauges

On 2/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Well, every time you press the "Center" command (which I need a lot), this will be lost again.