Does anyone else fee like the tiger hops/rocks too much in rougher terrain while on the move?  By that I mean anything off of a road or path...

Edited by HellCat_
  • Upvote 1

Ever drive a Tiger? I know they ride rougher I just thought it might be a little to much is all ....I know it's not the same but I've put a lot of hours on track machines (Dozers/loaders/excavators) and they don't hop that bad ....But OK, I've never driven a Tiger that's for sure ....

3 hours ago, HellCat_ said:

Ever drive a Tiger? I know they ride rougher I just thought it might be a little to much is all ....I know it's not the same but I've put a lot of hours on track machines (Dozers/loaders/excavators) and they don't hop that bad ....But OK, I've never driven a Tiger that's for sure ....

The suspension system of the Tiger and the tanks subsequent pathetic reliability was like most German armored vehicles of the war. That being it was completely abysmal. This is a facet that carried over to the Panther (A/D/G) as well as their TD's and AG's. Germany could always engineer a superior gun platform and optics, but their WWII AFV's are like Alfa Romeo today.

3 hours ago, HellCat_ said:

I wouldn't compare a Tiger on the move off road to the track machines like you have experience in, because for sure you don't drive that fast and

working with those machines usually you chose a favorable terrain - you won't ride a bumpy terrain at full throttle, if you don't have to.

The only German tank that was quite stable on rough grounds was the Panther in my opinion.

5 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

....are like Alfa Romeo today.

Blasphemy!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

I wouldn't compare a Tiger on the move off road to the track machines like you have experience in, because for sure you don't drive that fast and

working with those machines usually you chose a favorable terrain - you won't ride a bumpy terrain at full throttle, if you don't have to.

The only German tank that was quite stable on rough grounds was the Panther in my opinion.

I'm driving an ypr 765 for two years …  off road he whas hopping like a tiger .

Havent driven a tiger but several APCs in the army and cars etc in forests and sand tracks, trying to aim with a rifle from a moving veicle is hard alone, a tank thats even longer and their guns will move up and down way more.
To give an idea: next time you drive on a dirt road witha  speed of 40 kmh or higher: try using a scope and aim at a target 200 meters away or so, will be quite hard to remain on target even in a modern car.

• Like 1

I understand all this ....I wasn't talking about aiming a gun, just in general .......It's over now ...thanks for the responses.

To me it seems as though all the tanks in the game are modeled on a four point suspension and go over bumps, dips and crests as if there was a wheel at each corner.  But that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 1