lightbulbjim

Toying with the idea of VR

Hey all 🙂

I'm considering making the jump to VR, but not quite sure which direction I want to go. Currently I'm running an i5-9600K CPU, which I believe should be enough, and an R9 280X GPU, which is obviously going to need an upgrade. That said, since IL-2 is so demanding I feel like I have a few options:

1. Buy the best headset currently available. Top of my list is the Pimax 5K Plus. This would mean spending $$$ on a GPU to get acceptable performance. Due to the expense I'd try and keep this setup for as long as possible before upgrading.
  2. Buy a cheaper headset and plan to upgrade incrementally. Maybe the Samsung Odyssey Plus. I could get away with a midrange GPU and save quite a bit of money.
  3. Wait and see what new hardware is released in the near future (Valve's headset, Rift S etc).

Since I've never done anything VR I'm sure any headset would wow me. That said, the large FOV of the Pimax does sound enticing. Then again, who knows what could be just around the corner?

Anyway, just thinking out loud. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

Its really hard to tell, honestly it all depends on your personal preferences. Do you want to expirience a real dogfight, or do you also want to fly cometitive in MP?

Do you want 90Fps or can you live with 45fps? Either way, you should go for a high end card, gtx 1080 at least, if you want decent performance from VR.

That said, my current setup is in my signature, but i also managed enjoyable 90fps in QMB with an old i3 + gtx970, but had to go for quite low settings. But i still enjoyed flying a lot! Spend days dogfighting 1vs1 on Lupino winter map. Having played most of my childhood sims in 320x240, the "lower" resolution of Oculus Rift doesnt really bother me, still looks great and is an uncompareable expirience.

If i switch to a newer headset, i prefer a larger FOV, good ergonomics/weight and a good sweetspot. Better resolution isnt my main priority.

• Upvote 1

My recommendation is not in the 3 options you described... :o:

Since you have not tried VR, the best price-wise option would be to buy a second hand Rift (180$ without controllers) and a second hand GPU like 1070 or 1070Ti. With this you can have 8 months of pleasure, know the Rift bar level and then be ready for the next level of devices. (there are many VR devices on air right now: Rift S, Valve, HP copper, and who knows will came this year).

Then if you like VR (you will like) and want more, then decide in november what headset and GPU to go.

If budget is not a constraint and you want VR now, I would definitely will go to Pimax5K+ and a 2080 card.

The CPU is a good one! Do you overclock? (for VR you will benefit from that)

1 hour ago, ironk79 said:

Its really hard to tell, honestly it all depends on your personal preferences. Do you want to expirience a real dogfight, or do you also want to fly cometitive in MP?

Do you want 90Fps or can you live with 45fps? Either way, you should go for a high end card, gtx 1080 at least, if you want decent performance from VR.

I want 90 FPS and good tracking. As attractive as the Pimax is, if no current GPUs can run it smoothly at 90 FPS then it's really out of the picture for me.

18 minutes ago, chiliwili69 said:

Since you have not tried VR, the best price-wise option would be to buy a second hand Rift (180$ without controllers) and a second hand GPU like 1070 or 1070Ti. With this you can have 8 months of pleasure, know the Rift bar level and then be ready for the next level of devices. (there are many VR devices on air right now: Rift S, Valve, HP copper, and who knows will came this year).

Then if you like VR (you will like) and want more, then decide in november what headset and GPU to go.

If budget is not a constraint and you want VR now, I would definitely will go to Pimax5K+ and a 2080 card.

The CPU is a good one! Do you overclock? (for VR you will benefit from that)

That's kinda what I had in mind for option 2, I only mentioned the Odyssey+ because I assumed it would be a step up from the Rift while still being significantly cheaper than the Pimax. You might be right though that it's best to go for the cheapest decent solution if I'm not going straight to the high end stuff.

I haven't overclocked the CPU yet (only got it very recently) but I'm not afraid to do so if need be.

I agree with Chili, get a cheap used HMD first to see if it is for you

I have been toying with VR since the DK2. On my second Rift now too. First one packed in after a year.

It's a great experience flying in VR. However there are some limitations.

I tend to fly mostly in 2D, with an occasional sortie in VR now and again.

Some people love VR and jump completely in.

Other don't get on with it at all

I'm in the middle and just dip my toes now and again.

I have a pit which means I'm restricted to the same views as a real pilot of the time. Except I'm in my 50's and my neck is no longer "on a swivel"

So checking six is very difficult. I have to zig-zag every few moments to check behind. 

But that combined with spotting in VR, means it's very easy to be bounced.

I would consider a new Rift.

You get the complete bundle with Touch controllers, and a warranty. Currently the Touch controllers are pretty much the best on the market. Plus a headset that has not been well used.

Price is not too bad either, certainly way lower than when Rift was first released.

Also Oculus has some great games available, some of which come for free with a new bundle. ( they are not transferable with a used Rift). When I got mine I thought all I would use it for would be combat flight sims, but found I very much enjoy the occasional foray into some other VR games as well.

Hopefully in about a year there will be some even better options out there.

3 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

Since you have not tried VR, the best price-wise option would be to buy a second hand Rift (180$ without controllers) and a second hand GPU like 1070 or 1070Ti. With this you can have 8 months of pleasure, know the Rift bar level and then be ready for the next level of devices.

Maybe he doesn't even need to update the graphics card, I'm runing IL-2 BoX on my Rift with a GTX 1060, and is quite nice, and a R9 280X should be similar ...

The idea is good, being with entry level VR, waiting for the 2nd gen of VR ...

Maybe we'll see big improvements with GTX 20X0 cards and it's variable rate shading used for foveated rendering in the new HMDs with huge resolutions that are comming this 2019 !!!!

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa

For better resolution and no base stations I'd go for a used Lenovo or Odyssey  to give it a whirl ...if you don't like it you can re-sell it for almost no loss....

Edited by HellCat_

I'm pretty sure my current video card (280X) won't work. It's actually a rebadged and overclocked older card. The 290X is listed as the minimum required (at least for the Rift), and is actually a newer generation.

A couple of questions I need to research:

1. If I was to go for a Rift, what video card can I get away with to achieve 90 FPS on balanced-high settings? 1070? 1070 TI? Need something more?
  2. Are there any WMR headsets which are going to give a better experience than the Rift at a similar price?

After sleeping on it the Pimax just seems like too much of a reach in terms of both price and performance right now. I can get a secondhand Rift and 1070 TI for considerably less than what I'd pay for the 5K+ alone. I think I'd rather sit a bit back from the bleeding edge to get better bang for buck. The risk is that the Rift will be unsatisfactory since the technology is still quite immature.

Edited by lightbulbjim
Somehow I quoted myself.
  • Like 1

Your card will work fine, its just not recommended.  Good enough that you can test it out and see whether its for you.  I started out using a 960, besides the software chronically warning it's incompatible, it worked.  Frankly in many of the other games that come with oculus it's hard to tell a quality difference between high and low end cards.

3 hours ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

Your card will work fine, its just not recommended.  Good enough that you can test it out and see whether its for you.  I started out using a 960, besides the software chronically warning it's incompatible, it worked.  Frankly in many of the other games that come with oculus it's hard to tell a quality difference between high and low end cards.

Interesting. I thought there was an API/feature mismatch with the older cards. I'll have to keep this in mind!

26 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

Run this test to see if your rig is ready for an Oculus Rift.

It will give you an idea of what you may need to upgrade before going any further.

https://support.oculus.com/1357437467617798/

It tells me to upgrade the GPU ;).

Even if a GPU upgrade is technically required, it's surely going to be needed to run IL-2 in a satisfactory manner. So I'm factoring it into the whole thing.

In this neck of the woods on the secondhand market a 1070 TI goes for about the same price as a 1080. Then there's a big jump in price to get a 1080 TI. So the plain 1080 looks about the sweet spot for price/performance.

Ok, decision made, Rift it is.

Just saw a secondhand 1080 at a good price so pulled the trigger on it.

Secondhand Rifts at good prices aren't too common around here but there is one on eBay which I'm keeping an eye on. If it starts getting too expensive then I'll just get a new one.

Not sure if I'm going to go with a third sensor yet...

With an GTX1080 you are on the entry level of VR, forget everything below that, yep some can run this game on a i7-3770/GTX1060, I also read the myths on that, but running between 25-45fps max, can only flying single at a clear sky, because that is the real story those guys are not telling you, that it is no VR-fun. 

Go to an local VR arcadehal and just try if it is what you expect to see. In my case it was not the small FOV and the godrays but the pixels in the Vive and OR gear. So I did know if buying an VRset I needed to go one that did limited the SDE. I have an $300,- blackfriday Samsung plus, I still think that is the normal price and not a real deal and btw no external sensors needed. 

If not have the budget for something decent like a RTX2080 and VRset of your choice, wait, it makes no sense in buying something that limets you in playing this game. 

Edited by Dutch2

9 hours ago, lightbulbjim said:

Ok, decision made, Rift it is.

Just saw a secondhand 1080 at a good price so pulled the trigger on it.

Secondhand Rifts at good prices aren't too common around here but there is one on eBay which I'm keeping an eye on. If it starts getting too expensive then I'll just get a new one.

Not sure if I'm going to go with a third sensor yet...

I would get a new Rift. You will get the warranty and the free games that come with it.

No need for a third sensor unless you are planning on a large room scale play area. Been running mine with two sensors for over two years with no issue at all.

I recently switched from a Rift to the vive pro. The difference if phenomenal. I also added the Gear VR lens mod which is unbelievable, no godrays and the clarity is awesome. The Vive Pro has better screen resolution and screen door effect is smaller. I’m glad I switched. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a 1080ti. With the graphics on balanced with all the higher settings ticked it runs smooth as silk. Steam VR makes it run with reprojection at a solid 45fps. Some times it turns off and it runs between 60 and 85fps. 

Also I wanted to say if you get the Rift make sure you take the oculus home2 folder out of the file. It runs in the background killing FPS. I think the folder name is called oculus worlds. Open the task manager and find it then right click and open file location that will help. And you’ll have to do this ever time oculus updates

4 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

I recently switched from a Rift to the vive pro. The difference if phenomenal. I also added the Gear VR lens mod which is unbelievable, no godrays and the clarity is awesome. The Vive Pro has better screen resolution and screen door effect is smaller. I’m glad I switched. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a 1080ti. With the graphics on balanced with all the higher settings ticked it runs smooth as silk. Steam VR makes it run with reprojection at a solid 45fps. Some times it turns off and it runs between 60 and 85fps. 

Also I wanted to say if you get the Rift make sure you take the oculus home2 folder out of the file. It runs in the background killing FPS. I think the folder name is called oculus worlds. Open the task manager and find it then right click and open file location that will help. And you’ll have to do this ever time oculus updates

Why this overpriced Vive pro? 

I do not know about the prices of the Vive pro are in your country, but here the price are on the same high level then the Pimax5k, yep price is incl TAX and shipping. 

36 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

Why this overpriced Vive pro? 

I do not know about the prices of the Vive pro are in your country, but here the price are on the same high level then the Pimax5k, yep price is incl TAX and shipping.

I agree that it’s alittle over priced but still cheaper than the 5k which doesn’t include the base stations and controllers. I got it for 800 that’s with everything. I wanted to switch any way because eventually I want to get the Pimax and you have to use vive basestations. Pimax is 700 plus tax and shipping and is the headset only. I loved the Rift but the vive pro is way better for clarity and it’s surprisingly comfortable

In this link you can read my personal impressions about the VivePro when it come out. It didn´t beat the Rift IMHO.

I didn´t do the gearVR mod since you lose your warranty.

22 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

With an GTX1080 you are on the entry level of VR, forget everything below that, yep some can run this game on a i7-3770/GTX1060, I also read the myths on that, but running between 25-45fps max, can only flying single at a clear sky, because that is the real story those guys are not telling you, that it is no VR-fun. 

Go to an local VR arcadehal and just try if it is what you expect to see. In my case it was not the small FOV and the godrays but the pixels in the Vive and OR gear. So I did know if buying an VRset I needed to go one that did limited the SDE. I have an $300,- blackfriday Samsung plus, I still think that is the normal price and not a real deal and btw no external sensors needed. 

If not have the budget for something decent like a RTX2080 and VRset of your choice, wait, it makes no sense in buying something that limets you in playing this game. 

I have to disagree. I have a 1070 and a 4790K at 4.8 GHz and 16 GB 2666 MHz RAM and I usually maintain 90 FPS with HIGH preset, no SS in MP. I would rather liked to go with Balanced preset but the ugly clouds don't allow that. It's true that crowded scenes like huge furballs including some bombers or heavy AAA fire on ground reduce FPS but not like 25-45 range, rather 65-75 range (This is why I would like to go with Balanced if I could)

8 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

but not like 25-45 range, rather 65-75 range (This is why I would like to go with Balanced if I could)

I was writing about that low spec players that claim to have the main price in VR performance. But if you have the full 90fps then why not publish screenshots of your settings. We all could learn. 

1 hour ago, Dutch2 said:

I was writing about that low spec players that claim to have the main price in VR performance. But if you have the full 90fps then why not publish screenshots of your settings. We all could learn. 

it's all a rouse, bud, stop paying attention to such ridiculous claims. If it were possible he wouldn't be the only one to observe/report the findings. The good thing about our VR community is that our setups are cross-tested and peer reviewed. 😎  That guy's results do not fit any of the tested & tried configuration, hence it's all bullshit, except if maybe flying solo at 3k with a single opponent (i.e. 1v1 QMB) in a cloudless sky.

32 minutes ago, moosya said:

it's all a rouse, bud, stop paying attention to such ridiculous claims. If it were possible he wouldn't be the only one to observe/report the findings. The good thing about our VR community is that our setups are cross-tested and peer reviewed. 😎  That guy's results do not fit any of the tested & tried configuration, hence it's all bullshit, except if maybe flying solo at 3k with a single opponent (i.e. 1v1 QMB) in a cloudless sky.

To be clear on this, I do not suspect Blacksab from putting in wrong facts, I was only curious at his setting. I know from my experience we could only learn, because I can not maintain 90fps at high preset. 

No it was more about all the members, that do have low spec rigs and claim they have the excellent VR performance, while we all know this can not be true. These guys never tell the whole story. 

15 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

To be clear on this, I do not suspect Blacksab from putting in wrong facts, I was only curious at his setting. I know from my experience we could only learn, because I can not maintain 90fps at high preset. 

No it was more about all the members, that do have low spec rigs and claim they have the excellent VR performance, while we all know this can not be true. These guys never tell the whole story. 

I'm not on a warpath either, however, when it comes to Il2 VR I do tend to scale down my expectations quite regularly 😄. Even if he can come up with the settings they won't produce anything definitive, nor helpful.. We already know the biggest factors that impact the performance:  CPU, GPU, RAM speed, Preset (Balanced/High), Mirrors/Clouds. Everything else is pretty much negligible, with AA/SS being the eye candy.  The only true unknown factor to his claims would be the actual scene he's in. So, the only way to confirm his claims would be to obtain his actual replay track, setup your machine and compare his results with yours. Keeping that in mind I'm 99% certain that the scenario he's in is very light (in regards to processing demands, i.e. high altitude, clear sky, minimum number of opponents/ai, etc.).  You're better off heading to the vr optimization topic, downloading the tracks and compare with the configs posted there. 

You should know I did read and ask all of that and asking by publish my own screen shots of my adjustments. For verify I use a small tool fpsVR to check the effects while playing. Because of this, I do also notice the GTX1080 is at the low entry level for playing VR. 

My experience is that screen shots can help as a strong base to tweak further, we all run on the same Intel socket, DDR4 and nVidia, so not that much is different. 

One thing maybe different and that is IL2 is on a separate M2 boot, it is the only game/application that is installed, so no interfere from other aspects. 

So I would like to see the screenshots of the nVidia, SteamVR and ingame adjustments, for his “ 90fps maintain at high preset” guess nothing secret why not publish this. 

These are my settings:

[KEY = graphics]
    3dhud = 0
    adapter = 0
    bloom_enable = 0
    desktop_center = 1
    detail_rt_res = 1024
    draw_distance = 0.54500
    fps_counter = 1
    fps_limit = 80
    full_height = 1080
    full_width = 1920
    fullscreen = 0
    gamma = 0.80000
    grass_distance = 100.00000
    hdr_enable = 1
    land_anisotropy = 2
    land_tex_lods = 1
    max_cache_res = 1
    max_clouds_quality = 2
    mgpu_compatible = 0
    mirrors = 0
    multisampling = 0
    or_enable = 1
    or_height = 1600
    or_hud_rad = 1.50000
    or_hud_size = 0.75000
    or_ipd = 0.06044
    or_width = 1344
    post_sharpen = 1
    preset = 2
    rescale_target = 1.00000
    shadows_quality = 0
    ssao_enable = 0
    stereo_dof = 5.00000
    vsync = 0
    win_height = 600
    win_width = 800

• Like 1

Flying in VR well yes, you sacrifice resolution BUT everything is good enough to be able to fly. Actually, seeing 4K on my 2D monitor when in VR, VR is much better than I had anticipated. And if you lean forward towards the gauges everything gets substantially sharper in detail. I’ll never fly IL2 again in 2D and if it’s rumored the Rift S will be having higher resolution,  count  me in for that upgrade too. 

I’m flying with an i7 six core and 1080ti with everything maxed out and it’s smooth as silk. No complaints for what the headset is. The three biggest things that would push VR over the top in regards to the headset would be (for me):

1. Higher resolution

2. Higher frame rate capability (though with my setup this is to a lesser extent as it runs smooth consistently now)

3. Peripheral vision

The higher resolution of course is a no brainer but the immersion level in VR I think would be enhanced even further if peripheral vision were there. I think the feeling of being able to see  exactly the vision you would have IRL versus the constraints currently would definately trick one’s mind into really believing they are about to upchuck due to various control inputs having that peripheral vision.

As a side note, it’s interesting how some things just seem to stand out more  in VR. Last night I finally took the new Me-109 K4 our for a spin. I started from the runway and had the sun just beginning to set during the summer. Wow. The power that thing has. I kept the power on her and upon just reaching the cloud base backed off and headed towards the clouds. Wow again. Seeing the water vapor condensed on the canopy in VR is just so much more than seeing it on a 2 D display! Another thing I love is catching those small scratches in the canopy as the sun hits them at different angles! So realistic.

Jumping into the open cockpit of a WW1 plane - man - just the distinct size difference you get in VR - those planes are so damn tiny! 

VR is for me something that is hard to explain if you haven’t experienced it in IL2. It needs to be SEEN. In VR the amount of detail and work that these dev teams go to is uncanny. IT REALLY SHOWS IN VR, something you don’t get flying in 2D. 

I’ve tried Rift in other flight sims but to me with the way the studio has presented VR within the IL2 series is the best so far. Two thumbs up to Jason and the team. Way up.

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

I’ve tried Rift in other flight sims but to me with the way the studio has presented VR within the IL2 series is the best so far. Two thumbs up to Jason and the team. Way up.

:good:

Fully agree, it is amazing the performance now in VR with this great sim. So nice to have a dev continuing to improve on it.

Great to see you like VR. Let me introduce myself as the most sceptical guy on VR, read my postings here, RoF & Woff forum and you will read my very misttrust comments on the VR shouters. But I was wrong and now I shout it out: for me, no way back to the flat world. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Great to see you like VR. Let me introduce myself as the most sceptical guy on VR, read my postings here, RoF & Woff forum and you will read my very misttrust comments on the VR shouters. But I was wrong and now I shout it out: for me, no way back to the flat world. 

You weren’t the only one! I sat the fence for the longest time while “enjoying” the fruits of my 42” 4K monitor and mocking the lower res VR stuff. That was until my buddy came to visit and brought his Oculus Rift along with him. The very first time Input the headset on I was immediately transported back in time in the cockpit of a Spitfire during WW2. I kept saying over and over, “I’m sitting in the damn plane! I mean, I’m really IN it!” With the upgraded next gen Rift S coming online down the road things can only get better...which boggles the mind!

Stayed up until 4:30am this morning jumping from cockpit to cockpit in different planes just seeing how each one ‘felt’. I swear at one point I felt as if I was sliding up in my seat while hard banking to the right one time. I can’t count how many times I whacked my wrist on the computer table reaching for a control.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 2/15/2019 at 3:02 AM, BornToBattle said:

You weren’t the only one! I sat the fence for the longest time while “enjoying” the fruits of my 42” 4K monitor and mocking the lower res VR stuff. That was until my buddy came to visit and brought his Oculus Rift along with him. The very first time Input the headset on I was immediately transported back in time in the cockpit of a Spitfire during WW2. I kept saying over and over, “I’m sitting in the damn plane! I mean, I’m really IN it!” With the upgraded next gen Rift S coming online down the road things can only get better...which boggles the mind!

Stayed up until 4:30am this morning jumping from cockpit to cockpit in different planes just seeing how each one ‘felt’. I swear at one point I felt as if I was sliding up in my seat while hard banking to the right one time. I can’t count how many times I whacked my wrist on the computer table reaching for a control.

I bought a HTC vive today on Amazon.com My biggest concern is not to identify enemies from a safe distance. Can I get it? My video card is GEFORCE 1080 TI and a Core I7 Intel 4770K and 32GB of R A M
Sorry for my bad English. Using Google Translator

Edited by Jambock__03
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jambock__03 said:

I bought a HTC vive today on Amazon.com My biggest concern is not to identify enemies from a safe distance. Can I get it? My video card is GEFORCE 1080 TI and a Core I7 Intel 4770K and 32GB of R A M
Sorry for my bad English. Using Google Translator

Think the first couple of weeks your are tweaking your Vive so the ID of plane will come naturally while reading all the tweaks. 

Can not wait for the Intel i10-9999, 128gb DDR6 RAM and the Nvidia RTX5080ti so we could finaly run VR on the max/ultra settings. 🙂  

By the way, my Rift has arrived but I’m still waiting on the 1080. Should be here in the next day or two. I ended up going for a new Rift with three sensors. 

I’ve setup as much as I can but it turns out the HDMI port on my current video card is dead. I’m “patiently” waiting. 

Also ended up ordering a USB expansion card as already with my preliminary testing I’m getting issues like my keyboard/mouse locking up when the sensors activate. The Rift USB PITA-factor is real. The Vive style tracking looks way more appealing, but on balance the Rift still seems like it was the best choice for me right now. I’m yet to actually try it of course 😜

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, BornToBattle said:

I’ve tried Rift in other flight sims but to me with the way the studio has presented VR within the IL2 series is the best so far.

Seems to be personal taste. I also use a RIFT and generally find the VR implementation in DCS and WT both better than in IL2. IL2 has great landscape detail, but when it comes to reflexes, scratches and other stuff on the canopy IL2 has overdone it. Not to mention that IL2 is lacks native RIFT support and its hardware hunger lets even DCS look as something that runs on a potato PCs.

The Vive style tracking looks way more appealing, but on balance the Rift still seems like it was the best choice for me right now.

As a long time RIFT user i have to say, that the one thing that really impresses me about the RIFT is the ergomomics. The HMD is amazingly comfortable and there are just very tiny details that could be done better, i.e. cable routing (to prevent breaks) and some tiny cutouts for facepad for users with glasses.

Edited by Agathos_Deimon

11 minutes ago, Agathos_Deimon said:

As a long time RIFT user i have to say, that the one thing that really impresses me about the RIFT is the ergomomics. The HMD is amazingly comfortable and there are just very tiny details that could be done better, i.e. cable routing (to prevent breaks) and some tiny cutouts for facepad for users with glasses.

I suggest you check out WIDMOvr for lenses and custom face pads for your HMD. Solved a lot of my problems in getting a clearer image in VR. Expect 2 week turn around for lenses but they are worth it. https://widmovr.com/product/oculus-rift-prescription-lenses-adapter/

@lightbulbjim I would say try it before buy, new things make first time wow effect and after that become everyday use some don't  . Sadly Vr to me is later. My Oddysay+ is currently gathering dust. I'm gonna sell it after  I  buy and finish Lone Echo 2. My team mates Banzai with Rift  and Ludo with Vive would say the same , do check for more than 3 days , because we are not using it at all since week or two after buying.  This is great tech but not yet there.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

6 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

@lightbulbjim I would say try it before buy, new things make first time wow effect and after that become everyday use some don't  . Sadly Vr to me is later. My Oddysay+ is currently gathering dust. I'm gonna sell it after  I  buy and finish Lone Echo 2. My team mates Banzai with Rift  and Ludo with Vive would say the same , do check for more than 3 days , because we are not using it at all since week or two after buying.  This is great tech but not yet there.

Thanks, but as mentioned I’ve already bought it. I also don’t have access to anything to try around here (I live in the sticks).

Wish I had the money I'd pick one up right now. I've got so much useless crap electronics lying around, xbox one x, ps4, 360, ps3, GTX 1070, tons of things gathering dust, need to offload some of this stuff.

Edited by JonRedcorn