Lemmi

Texture of german locomotives

First of all - i love this sim - thank your very much.

Second of all - i know it's mainly a flight sim.

The attached image shows a type 55 (pruissian G8.1) with the logo "DB" (Deutsche Bundesbahn - 1949-1993) which is historically incorrect.

In WW2 time they belonged to the "Deutsche Reichsbahn" and usually carried the "Pleitegeier" emblem (Eagle with swastika).

It's a small detail of a very detailed sim - not important but nice to get fiexd 😉

DB_55.JPG

• Upvote 3

Wow. Such a tiny detail - but a great spot :good:. It would have to be replaced with the eagle and 'fake' swastika though. Something for someone in the dev team to do on a slack afternoon... :blink:;).

Edited by 216th_Cat

dunno ... but zooming in it does look more like "DR", not DB. Which would be correct for Deutsche Reichsbahn.

You can‘t put the „DB“ Logo on a train that actually moves. Totally unbelievable and ruins the immersion.

• Haha 2

Yes.

No Nocke it's the "DB" emblem called "the cookie". Today 55 3354 is located in railway museum Bochum-Dahlhausen.

But its not far from Erlangen to Nürnberg where the "DB"-museum is located - u will see it there.

Edited by Lemmi

14 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

You can‘t put the „DB“ Logo on a train that actually moves. Totally unbelievable and ruins the immersion.

A historical confirmation post in a thread called "Developer assistance > Historical data... what is your problem?

1 hour ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

A historical confirmation post in a thread called "Developer assistance > Historical data... what is your problem?

I think he was joking...

16 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Hans, why are there Raschen plens sörkling se trensteschen for se last tu auers? 

I sink sei ar weting for se treen.

Interesting but honestly as long as youre not flying a U2 next to it it's hard to be bothered by the absent eagle. 

1 hour ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

:huh::sleep:

Okay

I was. But I infer from your question that you are not a frequent customer of the Deutsche Bahn AG. ;)

It was really a joke and we can leave it as such.

31 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

I was. But I infer from your question that you are not a frequent customer of the Deutsche Bahn AG. ;)

It was really a joke and we can leave it as such.

I "saw" as a joke later..