Captain_P3te-r*

Master Server connection error?????

What is this!?!?!

I have checked my internet multiple times, all other steam games run fine. My firewall is fine and I have also uninstalled Nvidia Experience as instructed in past discussions!

Why is this still happening and is this an issue for anyone else? 

I dont think my laptop installed the latest update either. This all happened after I saw the news of the new patch drop.

What can I do? please help!!

Thank you

Are you starting the game with the IL-2 application (.exe) or the launcher application (.exe)? I had a similar problem last year and apparently I had been using a shortcut to the IL-2 application. Using a shortcut to the launcher, then starting the game got the game to update. 

544119712_BoSlauncher.JPG.d176afec05fd7cdbea2554e3089a7431.JPG

Edited by busdriver

I have been using the Steam app to launch it, as I have it through steam. When I go through the game files to launch it as Admin or just run it, I get to the login, but after typing in my details, it again says that there has been a temporary loss of connection to the master server. No idea what is going on.

Thank you for your response

Genuinely sorry mate. Wish I were smart enough to help you sort this out. A knowledgeable Steam user will probably help you. :salute:

I just bypassed it by doing this:

Game boots, get connection error message

Try connecting again, get error message

Try logging in again and get through

Not sure why that worked, but I tried going straight to offline and it simply got me in offline rather than giving me another chance to log in online.

Are you running any mods? I believe some mods are broken since the last update and can prevent the game from launching.

I had a few minutes last night when I got the same error message. I logged in off line mode for a minute too as Field-Ops mentioned. Restarted the program and everything was fine. It might have been an issue with the server. 

Edited by Rjel

hmm ok, I will give those a go thank you! I am not running mods so we will see. I did recently uninstall Mcafee because I dont want to pay for it. my firewall is lettingit through though. not sure if that would a reason