3./JG15_Eich_1

Error #10009: Game server connection lost

Posted (edited)

Dear user,

According to our information error #10009 said that there were difficulties when communicating directly with the game server.

In this case, the maximum that we can recommend::

- Disable in launcher, seed and use p2p options

- Try various options for the network settings.

pff...

Edited by ema33ig

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pikas_62 said:

Answer from support:

Dear user,

Thank you for this message.
We'll pass it to our developers so they could look into this.
It can take some time to investigate this issue.

Well, don't want to discourage you here, but this answer might also be a standard reply for every support ticket

received. May be?

4 minutes ago, ema33ig said:

- Disable in launcher, seed and use p2p options

OK, this might be a correct tip for people having problems to update their game via launcher,

but it certainly doesn't cure or resolve the problem, when you are running the game and try

to connect to MP servers and stay their without loss of connection.

Pfff me too

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

Posted (edited)

I got this answer from the support. Which is not helpful at all.

pff

Edited by ema33ig

41 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Well, don't want to discourage you here, but this answer might also be a standard reply for every support ticket

received. May be?

Yes, it is!

22 minutes ago, ema33ig said:

I got this answer from the support. Which is not helpful at all.

pff

I got same answer.

Posted (edited)

Happening to me pretty frequently on Combat Box tonight. Some days are noticeably worse. I also suspect that other people streaming video on my connection makes it more common. My go to theory here is that some minor connection issue loses tHe connection to the server where most games it wouldn’t affect things. Could be something with the net code update they did late last year...very frustrating but I have no idea how to fix this.

EDIT to Update: Tried Combat Box again later, this time had no disconnects for over an hour. No one else was on the Internet at the time whereas before other people in the house had been watching videos, etc. So in my case I think its that when people are streaming video, if my internet speed drops the video takes up most of the bandwidth and my connection quality drops sharply for a moment or two and I get booted. My internet, being wireless via a dish to a tower, can be pretty variable even minute to minute. So it could be that temporary drops in connection quality are triggering a disconnect from the server. Or at least that aggravates the problem.

Edited by RedKestrel

Hello, I have 300Mbit (with 30Mbit upload) cable internet connection and I have this issue very often since last update. So I don't think it has something to do with internet connection. This is the only MP game where I have this issue. Pretty much unplayable for me right now again... 

Posted (edited)

I belive that ping limiter dont work correctly, so sometimes thats the problem servers should avoid using it, and you can see if it improves, i think thats why wol stop having ping limit.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:37 AM, RedKestrel said:

Happening to me pretty frequently on Combat Box tonight. Some days are noticeably worse. I also suspect that other people streaming video on my connection makes it more common. My go to theory here is that some minor connection issue loses tHe connection to the server where most games it wouldn’t affect things. Could be something with the net code update they did late last year...very frustrating but I have no idea how to fix this.

EDIT to Update: Tried Combat Box again later, this time had no disconnects for over an hour. No one else was on the Internet at the time whereas before other people in the house had been watching videos, etc. So in my case I think its that when people are streaming video, if my internet speed drops the video takes up most of the bandwidth and my connection quality drops sharply for a moment or two and I get booted. My internet, being wireless via a dish to a tower, can be pretty variable even minute to minute. So it could be that temporary drops in connection quality are triggering a disconnect from the server. Or at least that aggravates the problem.

That is sure a problem, i didnt have any problems this year like last year with random disconects ( and nothing changed on my roter pc or server i play) only that update that had fix transfer data lost changed.

klobuk did you try to change your net setings in startup.cfg file in data folder of your game, maybe you have it to low at 1024, cange it both to 10240

also guys having problem could try to post how many players was on server when they get disconected, was server on their continent or not, was some big target bombed at that moment, also was someone els using net at same time, and maybe then they can see whats comon thing.

my net speed is 20/5MB so i have 4096 and 1024 and it works fine with no problems on server like wol, i expect i would get disconet problems if i played on server in usa or asia or aust

also have any of you try to lover its graphic setings in game and see if that helps, maybe it changes something, theres nothing els to try and no help from devs so tray everything... klobuk you have most disco on wol, so try lovering your graphic setings ( go from ultra to normal or change your res from max 2-3 res lover and so on ) and try wol again as there you have most chance of replicating and seing if that changes things at all

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

I belive that ping limiter dont work correctly, so sometimes thats the problem servers should avoid using it, and you can see if it improves, i think thats why wol stop having ping limit.

That is sure a problem, i didnt have any problems this year like last year with random disconects ( and nothing changed on my roter pc or server i play) only that update that had fix transfer data lost changed.

klobuk did you try to change your net setings in startup.cfg file in data folder of your game, maybe you have it to low at 1024, cange it both to 10240

also guys having problem could try to post how many players was on server when they get disconected, was server on their continent or not, was some big target bombed at that moment, also was someone els using net at same time, and maybe then they can see whats comon thing.

my net speed is 20/5MB so i have 4096 and 1024 and it works fine with no problems on server like wol, i expect i would get disconet problems if i played on server in usa or asia or aust

also have any of you try to lover its graphic setings in game and see if that helps, maybe it changes something, theres nothing els to try and no help from devs so tray everything... klobuk you have most disco on wol, so try lovering your graphic setings ( go from ultra to normal or change your res from max 2-3 res lover and so on ) and try wol again as there you have most chance of replicating and seing if that changes things at all

I don't think the ping limiter is the issue here, just because when players are kicked because of low ping there's a message that appears in chat. When I get the disconnect, all that happens is my audio stops, my video freezes, and then I get kicked to the 10009 error screen.

What I'm going to start doing is recording all my disconnects, time, date, server and run an internet speed test as soon as possible after the disconnect. and pester my family about their internet usage habits lol. Maybe I can find a pattern? I'm not a great test case because my internet is not super consistent anyway.

Just now, RedKestrel said:

I don't think the ping limiter is the issue here, just because when players are kicked because of low ping there's a message that appears in chat. When I get the disconnect, all that happens is my audio stops, my video freezes, and then I get kicked to the 10009 error screen.

What I'm going to start doing is recording all my disconnects, time, date, server and run an internet speed test as soon as possible after the disconnect. and pester my family about their internet usage habits lol. Maybe I can find a pattern? I'm not a great test case because my internet is not super consistent anyway.

I think thats the only way to try to fix it, ppl with constant disconects will have to track it and then when enought data is colected maybe present it to devs, as still number of players effected is not big compared to number of users

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I think thats the only way to try to fix it, ppl with constant disconects will have to track it and then when enought data is colected maybe present it to devs, as still number of players effected is not big compared to number of users

Agreed. Its not like a graphical or flight model bug, it's got a lot of possible factors outside the devs control, and they're not going to act on it unless they're sure its on their end.

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

Thank you for the tip. My current settings in startup.cfg are:

client_download_traflimit = 10240
 client_upload_traflimit = 10240
 server_download_traflimit = 1000
 server_upload_traflimit = 1000

I can try to lower my settings and perform some tests. I will post my results here.

I've updated my nvidia driver but no change to disconnects. I have lowered my graphical settings and also no change to disconnects... I have no problems with higher settings in single player. Since last update I have these disconnects also on lower populated servers (less than 30 players). I have restarted my router... Always the same... I never had disconnects on berloga server and now I have them also there... I don't know what else I can try... maybe DCS...

2 hours ago, SCG_klobuk said:

I've updated my nvidia driver but no change to disconnects. I have lowered my graphical settings and also no change to disconnects... I have no problems with higher settings in single player. Since last update I have these disconnects also on lower populated servers (less than 30 players). I have restarted my router... Always the same... I never had disconnects on berloga server and now I have them also there... I don't know what else I can try... maybe DCS...

How do you get your Internet, and how stable is the speed? I just discovered in another thread that at least sometimes when I'm seeing the 10009 disconnect message, other people are seeing a "RedKestrel will be kicked for high ping" message while I am not seeing the message. Someone who remembered flying with me at the time pointed that out. 

My Internet comes through a wireless tower and tends to be pretty inconsistent. My theory -  It's possible that something in recent updates has been tweaked in the netcode that has resulted in servers being more sensitive to fluctuations in ping, with the added bonus that the message does not display when being kicked. This may simply be the case for just me though. 

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

How do you get your Internet, and how stable is the speed? I just discovered in another thread that at least sometimes when I'm seeing the 10009 disconnect message, other people are seeing a "RedKestrel will be kicked for high ping" message while I am not seeing the message. Someone who remembered flying with me at the time pointed that out. 

My Internet comes through a wireless tower and tends to be pretty inconsistent. My theory -  It's possible that something in recent updates has been tweaked in the netcode that has resulted in servers being more sensitive to fluctuations in ping, with the added bonus that the message does not display when being kicked. This may simply be the case for just me though. 

I have stable cable internet:

net.png.bc3529993f247e617d07d50ae9e2a0bd.png

I have no problems in any other games so I think I won't spent my time to fix this.. I don't think it's on my side. I tried to lower my settings, updated nvidia driver.. I made some minor changes in windows 10 for better network performance... everything without any success.. I have this problem since latest IL-2 update. I really don't know what else I can try or say.. It's really frustrating because I play only MP.

5 minutes ago, SCG_klobuk said:

I have stable cable internet:

net.png.bc3529993f247e617d07d50ae9e2a0bd.png

I have no problems in any other games so I think I won't spent my time to fix this.. I don't think it's on my side. I tried to lower my settings, updated nvidia driver.. I made some minor changes in windows 10 for better network performance... everything without any success.. I have this problem since latest IL-2 update. I really don't know what else I can try or say.. It's really frustrating because I play only MP.

Holy crap, thats like 40 times better than my best download speed! The ping isnt much to go on really, what matters is the ping you've got for specific servers. What kind of ping values do you usually get for KOTA, WoL and CombatBox?

When you say the last update, do you mean 3.0012C in particular, or just since the main update. I hate to recommend it, but a reinstall might be worth it. Generally speaking it doesn't seem to fix the issue but its the first thing that comes to mind if something is update related. I really do think there are some tweaks to the netcode going on in terms of optimization and fixes, so that could have fiddled with something that's causing this issue. You and I may be having completely different issues with just the same symptoms.

This issue does not seem related to graphical options or the actions of other players. I have had this issue since early January when it first started appearing for other affected folk too. We spent the best part of early 2019 working through any and all possible fixes - nothing worked. I do think that something was tweaked in the netcode to make it more sensitive to the occasional bump, it's about the only reason I can think of that we, as players, cannot try to fix.

• Upvote 1