SCG_ErwinP

Error #10009: Game server connection lost

Hey guys!

After Update 3.0.0.9 I'm facing a constant disconnection in some servers like Knights of the Air, Coconut...

My Internet connection is stable and without losted package (ping test "-t").

I downloaded entire BOS files but  the problem persists.

Can someone help me please.

Knights of the air is my "main server" and this situation is so frustrating...

image.thumb.png.fb07a7d9735367c88ed2ad7593b14062.png

Edited by SCG_ErwinP
  • Upvote 1

Aha! Thank [edited] someone else has the same issue.

I've had this problem for only a short time (pre 3.0.0.9) but it seems impossible to fix.  I've had many happy years flying in IL2, now I cannot as most missions resolve in a disconnect. Every other game I play is solid, this is the only place I encounter instability.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language
  • Upvote 1

Still getting #10009 error.

Servers: Knights of the Air! Wings Of Liberty, Finnish Virtual Pilots & Coconut.

Capturar.thumb.PNG.20fb957bed61e44976c840ea582b3674.PNG

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

I've gotten this before on WoL but only when my ping was very high (I have kinda crappy internet) or the server was full/nearly full. Sometimes it works again after a couple attempts. Every time it happened was pre-3.009 update. It was not a constant issue for me, maybe happening 25% of the time.

Haven't tried MP since the latest update, not sure if it still applies. I will try and get on one of those servers tonight and see what happens, though I'm not sure how much help I can be. My Internet now is a bit of downgrade from before as I moved recently. 

Posted (edited)

Shit happens to me constantly also.. I have stable connection and I play tons of different games... this only happens in this game...

Then this crap happens... Can't click on anything and either have to alt-delete the game, or restart computer because alt-delete doesn't pop up and alt-f4 doesn't work.. highly aggravating to say the least...

1.png

Edited by Cookie-Monster
  • Upvote 1

I'm still getting this error on all servers!
In TAW it's happening a few times, but in KOTA, in the Coconut and in the Finnish virtual pilots ... many times.

I am also getting the same problems. I have had an IT guy check out my computer....no problems. I have fitted a new router. I have also installed new internet adaptors. The support team have been no help at all, insisting that the fault lies at my end and NOT theirs. If you find a solution, I would be grateful if you let me know what it is. Have you tried contacting the support team?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I'm not sure, if I'm of any help for you, but I recently made an observation. I don't remember if it was changed in update 3.009 or 3.008, but

back then you could modify your up- and download size in the network settings, something you can't do anymore.

Now, my observation was done, when I decided to download the whole game separately from the web site, just to have a second installation

of the game to use it as a "modded" version (for offline use). My main installation runs through STEAM from day one and works OK - I use

it for online flying. And now it comes: After second installation was done and test run was made, I copied my input config files and checked

the startup.cfg file (sitting in the game directory) sepatately, because I wanted to see a "brand new" startup.cfg file and compare it with my

existing one from the STEAM installation. Most of the parameters were similar, but some were quite different. Look at the portion, which

might be interesting for you:

[KEY = network]
    available_ip = "[object Object]"
    client_download_traflimit = 10240
    client_ip = ""
    client_upload_traflimit = 10240
    downloader_port = 28100
    server_download_traflimit = 1000
    server_upload_traflimit = 1000
    tcp_port = 28000
    udp_port = 28000
[END]

See the two marked lines in red? They were both set to 1000 by default after installation and you can't modify them as before in the game

under the settings menu. So, when I discovered this, I changed these two values back to my values (10240 = 10MB).

Before I discovered and modified this, I also had problems in connecting MP servers.

Maybe, you all should check these entries - but only modify the red marked ones, as the other ones did not change before. Let's hope my

observations can help you.

Cheers

Edited by -IRRE-Therion
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/18/2019 at 6:44 AM, -IRRE-Therion said:

Hi guys,

I'm not sure, if I'm of any help for you, but I recently made an observation. I don't remember if it was changed in update 3.009 or 3.008, but

back then you could modify your up- and download size in the network settings, something you can't do anymore.

Now, my observation was done, when I decided to download the whole game separately from the web site, just to have a second installation

of the game to use it as a "modded" version (for offline use). My main installation runs through STEAM from day one and works OK - I use

it for online flying. And now it comes: After second installation was done and test run was made, I copied my input config files and checked

the startup.cfg file (sitting in the game directory) sepatately, because I wanted to see a "brand new" startup.cfg file and compare it with my

existing one from the STEAM installation. Most of the parameters were similar, but some were quite different. Look at the portion, which

might be interesting for you:

[KEY = network]
    available_ip = "[object Object]"
    client_download_traflimit = 10240
    client_ip = ""
    client_upload_traflimit = 10240
    downloader_port = 28100
    server_download_traflimit = 1000
    server_upload_traflimit = 1000
    tcp_port = 28000
    udp_port = 28000
[END]

See the two marked lines in red? They were both set to 1000 by default after installation and you can't modify them as before in the game

under the settings menu. So, when I discovered this, I changed these two values back to my values (10240 = 10MB).

Before I discovered and modified this, I also had problems in connecting MP servers.

Maybe, you all should check these entries - but only modify the red marked ones, as the other ones did not change before. Let's hope my

observations can help you.

Cheers

Thank you for your time and explanation!

I will try and give you the feedback.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

I tried but without success.

I'm still getting #10009 error.

So sorry, mate. Didn't want to spoil your time.

4 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

So sorry, mate. Didn't want to spoil your time.

You tried to help me, thank you Therion!

On 3/18/2019 at 6:10 AM, No.85_Camm said:

Have you tried contacting the support team?

Yes, I do.

This is the aswer:

"Dear user,

According to our information error #10009 said that there were difficulties when communicating directly with the game server.
In this case, the maximum that we can recommend::
- Disable in launcher, seed and use p2p options
- Try various options for the network settings."

Nothing that I tried work.

Well to be honest. I have tried everything too (as well as contacting the support team and I got the same answer as you). I had no problems with disconnections until mid January of this year...plus….there are lots of other people having the same problem., I'm still trying other things and if I find an answer, Ill let you know.

Good luck!!!

41 minutes ago, No.85_Camm said:

Well to be honest. I have tried everything too (as well as contacting the support team and I got the same answer as you). I had no problems with disconnections until mid January of this year...plus….there are lots of other people having the same problem., I'm still trying other things and if I find an answer, Ill let you know.

Good luck!!!

Thank you!

Same problem here...

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

At this moment, I'm trying with another ISP.

Last night, with IPS from my relatives, I was able to fly in KOTA without any issue.

I know that it's a headache (I'm really fed up with this error) but I'll continue to test.
After I get more "results" and if it works well I will open a ticket with my IPS.

EDIT:

I tried right now.

I got error.

So problem persist.

Edited by SCG_ErwinP

It's an issue with IL2.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Today I tried with Public IP (my ISP gave me a IP)(After patch 3.012b).

I still getting this error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see like the scene in Flag of Our Fathers where an American soldier falls off his battleship and no-one in the armada stops to help him.

Devs aren't worried with us...

Edited by SCG_ErwinP

Just to be sure: You've checked the Windows-firewall, there's the general rule active "Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed", right?

And there is no outbound rule limiting any traffic originated by \\PathToTheGame\il-2.exe ?

The program "il-2.exe" usually should not be mentioned anywhere in the outbound-rules.

Same problem since few months ago.😡 

Dont have any problems with all the other games i have in my computer.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Retnek said:

Just to be sure: You've checked the Windows-firewall, there's the general rule active "Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed", right?

And there is no outbound rule limiting any traffic originated by \\PathToTheGame\il-2.exe ?

The program "il-2.exe" usually should not be mentioned anywhere in the outbound-rules.

Yes, I do!

4 minutes ago, LLv24_StableAce_VR said:

I would try deleting/renaming startup.cfg file.

I reinstaled OS; Downloaded game from Steam; Downloaded game from launcher, etc;

I don't think that deleting this file after described above will work but, anyway, i will try it.

Thank you Ace!

1 minute ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

I reinstaled OS; Downloaded game from Steam; Downloaded game from launcher, etc;

I don't think that deleting this file after described above will work but, anyway, i will try it.

Thank you Ace!

So only thing that hasn't been changed is your modem/internet connection. Try different connection or disable firewall from modem.

Just now, LLv24_StableAce_VR said:

So only thing that hasn't been changed is your modem/internet connection. Try different connection or disable firewall from modem.

I tried another ISP and I was able to fly.

After that, I opened a ticket with my ISP and they are asking me about servers IP to try to figure out about routing but no one servers admins answered yet.

I had the disconnect also again last night on the coconut normal Server. After the #10009 disconnect I tried another Server and had no issue for the rest of the night.

Posted (edited)

Since the last update about a week ago (about 500 MB / Dora), my friend and I have massive disconnects. We are currently playing on the WoL server. We noticed that if the number of players on the server is high, it is much worse. Before this update, we have never had problems with disconnects.

Edited by Pikas_62

Same here, since about a week disconnects all the time on WoL, not playable for now. KOTA seems to be better, don't know why the problems are different from Server to Server?!

:angry: I spended a ton of money to build my PC & peripherals to get problems like this.

WoL is the worst for me regarding random disconnects, but I have now also some disconnects on Berloga and I never had them before.

Posted (edited)

The same for me. Read the Devs with ???

Now I want to play BOBP and disconnected constantly ...

Edited by ema33ig

Same here. I couldn‘t go in Multiplayer without being kicked after a maximum of 15 minutes. All this starts with the last patch. 

Nothing helps no internet settings, router settings nothing. In fact Multiplayer is unplayable.

I have now opened a support ticket and referred to this thread.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pikas_62 said:

I have now opened a support ticket and referred to this thread.

You won't get much of an answer, I'm afraid. @No.85_Camm and I have both submitted tickets in the past; we both received the same generic 'check your connection' response. This issue has been ongoing since early January for some of us.

Here are two other threads that have been open since that time, the first one references an additional three threads also.

Edited by Leifr

The more support tickets are opened and refer to this thread the better. At some point, they can not ignore it anymore. After all, the game has its focus in multiplayer right?

11 hours ago, Pikas_62 said:

After all, the game has its focus in multiplayer right?

No.

LukeFF about says it all. Developers don't care about MP really.

Answer from support:

Dear user,

Thank you for this message.
We'll pass it to our developers so they could look into this.
It can take some time to investigate this issue.