ShamrockOneFive

An interview with Jason Williams and Daniel Tuseev, IL-2: Great Battles Series

Great read!!

Thanks for doing this, looking forward to the rest. Great stuff!!

I remember sitting in a cubicle at a big law firm I worked at in Silicon Valley just day dreaming about going home and playing my sims.

hahah, this sounds very familiar to me....

Edited by blackram
  • Haha 1

Brilliant, it all sounds so very positive... lots to look forward to!  Many thanks for doing this.

Well, I don't know what it was about reading the interview that pushed me across the line but I just bought Tank Crew. I'm not even interested in Tanks.

Maybe it was the stories of growing up with flight sims that struck a nostalgic chord with me. Or maybe the optimism for the industry that comes across in their words. What ever it was, I'm up to a full deck or BoX products now.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for this very interesting interview.

Strongly more ...

1 hour ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Hey folks,

I wanted to share with you part one of a four part interview series with none other than Jason Williams and Daniel Tuseev. We talk about VR, Air Marshal, new content, new features and the state of IL-2: Great Battles in 2019. Three more parts are planned for this series and we're just getting started!

Read it here: https://stormbirds.blog/2019/02/06/part-1-an-interview-with-jason-williams-and-daniel-tuseev-il-2-great-battles-series/

Great info and a great read! Thanks for having such a informative website Shamrock.

Ahh hurry up with other 3 parts Shamrock15 ;), lovely read!

It is sad thing they have to spend time and resources on anti-cheat program cos of puxxy cheaters while further delaying meaningful content.

• Upvote 1

Thanks folks! Very happy to present part one. I'm working on part 2-4 with Jason and Daniel but they are naturally busy people. When the next parts come out I will definitely let you all know!

• Thanks 2

Agree with everyone. Enjoyed it very much. Here is to the future, which is in good hands by the way.

2 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Hey folks,

I wanted to share with you part one of a four part interview series with none other than Jason Williams and Daniel Tuseev. We talk about VR, Air Marshal, new content, new features and the state of IL-2: Great Battles in 2019. Three more parts are planned for this series and we're just getting started!

Read it here: https://stormbirds.blog/2019/02/06/part-1-an-interview-with-jason-williams-and-daniel-tuseev-il-2-great-battles-series/

Thank you Shamrock for another excellent interview and of course, 1C team. Had a good read at work today.

Thanks for posting it 

And about the news .....

I'm not a gamer , and have never played pc- games before 

That's before VR 

After VR = il2 sturmovik 👍😁

I tried searching for an answer, did not find anything so I'm very curious; if creating a multiplayer lobby system is slow and takes a lot of resources, why can't they just make BOS and Hyperlobby compatible? I wouldn't mind that rugged GUI at all, if for example coops would be easier to join than now.

Good article btw, nice to see they are listening to community and clearly aware of our hopes and needs.

" Jason: “I think our move to abandon the original design and go back to the classic formula of QMB, SP and MP content without unlock gimmicks has helped... "

So True!

• Like 1

Good read, cant wait for other parts, plans look good even hint on yak9t maybe in future, "And yes, everything about MP is difficult. A very tough crowd to please." had a gigle when i read this, so true lol 

Excellent interview all the way around. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks Shamrock, I had a good laugh about Jason's answer to the surprises question. :)

Thanks for taking the time for the interview to all three.

What i would like to hear more about are the big questions the community has been asking about: 150 octane fuel implementation and what's after Bodenplatte.

Seems like they didn't give away anything new other than a couple of hints and a pretty straight answer regarding yak9t.

• Upvote 1

Daniel: “ 6-D moving seat platforms combined with VR will be standardized and will have acceptable cost to be widely used in flight-simming. So as you see – all my dreams are around player sensoring and feedback systems.”

All my dreams are too........So I'm hoping for a API export of data for SimShaker/Bass shaker type software that the Jetseat and Forcefeel seat use in the near future.

Thanks for sharing by the way....

Edited by HellCat_
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, HellCat_ said:

All my dreams are too........So I'm hoping for a API export of data for SimShaker/Bass shaker type software that the Jetseat and Forcefeel seat use in the near future.

Thanks for sharing by the way....

Same here. I'm slowly planning the design/build of my DIY 6dof seat

• Upvote 2

On 2/7/2019 at 11:47 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Thanks for taking the time for the interview to all three.

What i would like to hear more about are the big questions the community has been asking about: 150 octane fuel implementation and what's after Bodenplatte.

Seems like they didn't give away anything new other than a couple of hints and a pretty straight answer regarding yak9t.

I'm sure they have to keep some things secret for now for a variety of reasons but I do ask about both of those in part two and part four. We'll see what they can tell us :)

• Thanks 3