GCF

Possible solution to the Flying Circus Multiplayer Opponent/Wingman Finding Nightmare.

Good morning all, hope everyone is having a mighty fine morning, night or Afternoon.

I think i have found a way, to have a drop in lounge for players, wishing to find opponents, for Flying Circus multiplayer, without bothering everyone else or starting up the game to look on servers, mostly being disappointed.

One solution occurred to me the other day while on the site, what i suggest is, we test, using the build in feature of the Private Message system, on this site, to have a common lounge ( One single, shared PM ), to find opponents, not sure how well it will work, but i am going to give it a try, all welcome ! to join in.

If you are interested, please let me know, by adding your name in this post , then i will send you a private message through the forum, here, then as people add their names i will just add them to the conversation, so we will have one private message, titled Flying Circus Opponent Finder, that is a shared PM, with a number of people on the message, and when they are looking for an opponent, they can just post request, in the PM and it will notify all on the private message list.

I do not know if it will work or if the PM system of the site has a limit on number of people in one PM.

Just an idea i had, let me know what you all think or post name if you would like me to add you to the PM list.

Thanks for reading, have fun  

S!

paul

I seem to remember a lobby on the devs to-do list.

Yeah dude, you're going to burn yourself out before the game even comes out! That or you'll be the best camel pilot ever when the game comes out, lol

I think the discord thing is working well. Plus there is this:

https://il2.flying-barans.ru

The FC servers just need to be on there/have one.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, US103_Talbot said:

https://il2.flying-barans.ru

The FC servers just need to be on there/have one.

Yup, that's how it always worked in ROF. Last Sunday I saw the numbers at Jasta 5 grow on the barans site. When it got around ten players I loged in. If I have spare time, I get early to seed and make people join the server just like I did. And I have logged in Jasta 5 before just because I saw players at the barans site.

That's the best way to promote multiplayer besides events, squadrons and whatnot. Discord and such also helps, but it is a niche and can never replace the barans site.

And we need to wait for more planes, but the Sunday event is already way better than other furball options for WWI if we consider not only number of players, but that we have no lag or stutter here. We lack a ton of planes, but at least with the FC module complete we can have some variety (although the Nieuports are dearly missed).

• Upvote 2

With the current -75% sale going on, now is the best possible time to get into Rise of Flight multiplayer, so you can practice weekdays on NFF, in the Thursday night fly-in and during Vintage Missions on Sunday before you join the FC Furball.

https://riseofflight.com/store/

Including the free Albatros D.Va and SPAD XIII, you can purchase the same planes* as those we will have in Volume I including their weapon mods for $17.09:

asygaFm.png

(*) Not including the standard Fokker D.VII. Also do note that the Albatros D.Va, Pfalz D.IIIa, Fokker Dr.I and Sopwith Camel have slightly altered performance.

I realise that it's not the game you actually want to play right now, but it will help you to develop and maintain an edge in dogfights.

Edited by Hellbender
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No worries guys , just an idea, about https://il2.flying-barans.ru/ am i missing something i see no ww1 servers, just 72AG which is a mixed server. Just ignore me guy i'm just a lunatic.

That's a private site GC, so listing is up to the individual server operators.

Maybe JG1, 5, and Coconuts would consider this at some point ?

S!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GCF said:

No worries guys , just an idea, about https://il2.flying-barans.ru/ am i missing something i see no ww1 servers, just 72AG which is a mixed server. Just ignore me guy i'm just a lunatic.

Jasta 5 Flugpark I think is the only on listed at barans (it was there last Sunday). At the moment they are offline, perhaps fixing something after the last game update.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

ZF warned me about this guy.

Congrats mate, those six little words, really hurt me more, than any other discussion / argument, i have had up to now on this site. Cheers !

you know mate , yes i have a few problems, as we all probably do,  or at least as some of us do.

FIY. i am insane, sometimes, that's no lie, i am under psychiatric care for my problems, aspergers, skitzoeffective disorder, Psychosis, to be precise. I am severely disabled due to mental illness, for the last 15 years, hence why i have so much extra time on my hands.

I have never asked or said anything about this except in PM's, as i don't expect or have never asked for any special treatment and do not want any.

Just thought i would let you know how much those words hurt and why.

Thanks

S!

paul

PS i think Joe Cocker said it best "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

That does not reflect the opinion of everyone here. 

Everyone speaks for his own and everyone is a little strange in his own way.

I say: I'm glad I got in contact with you. I had a lot of fun with you and I'm looking foreward to have some more.

Your friend,

Stephan

Edited by Darkowl
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

Jasta 5 Flugpark I think is the only on listed at barans (it was there last Sunday). At the moment they are offline, perhaps fixing something after the last game update.

You are correct....we will be showing there again soon. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, US103_Talbot said:

Yeah dude, you're going to burn yourself out before the game even comes out!

I'd say you've found the solution to the nightmare: Just leave him to burn.

Edited by Cynic_Al

Thanks to the guys like GCF that they do 'burn', without their passion this niche would be a far emptier experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

@GCF Post whatever you want whenever you want as often as you want .......People don't need to click on your threads if they don't want to...that's on them not you .....their comment's let people know more about who they really are ......Rock on .....glad to see your enthusiasm for the old crates!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

the most silly post I have ever read on such forums

😵

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi all...

Enough, next one to get personal with any member of this forum will take a long vacation, not joking here. If you have a personal beef with someone, you better leave it out of this forum. No more warnings.

And this is to both sides, better to report the posts than to respond to them.

Haash

• Upvote 2

hi all sorry been out all day, and don't carry mobile, thank you for all the defence and concern, yes the comments hurt but im okay, was more worried about what people would think, i know i do come across strange especially when i interact while having fun. any comment on here is take as in the spirit of the game, and never to serious, it was the insinuation behind the comment that worried me, and what a post like that might look like to those reading it. i have had a lot of concern for people, about me posting personal details on this site, and i have not, just giving you all my diagnosis, mainly so people don't misunderstand me, As for Zooropa_Fly we have no problems, we had a run in a while ago , long settled, and he contacted me by PM today, and we are all good , he never did anything wrong, we all share things in confidence with people, we all do it , we are just sellective who we talk to about things. he is not responsible for someone he may break confidence or repeat something he heard, speaking out in a public forum, i lived successfully in the world all my life, by being someone i was not, 15 years ago it finally proved to much, and lost me head, big time, but i am lucky i'm still here, and there are advantages and disadvantages i have, due to my difference. but life is hard for everyone, maybe different hardships and struggles, but life is hard for everyone. the only thing i will say is no matter what i've been through it never broke me forelong, and each time i've gotten stronger, not weeker.

AS for hrafnkolbrandr i have nothing against him, i hold no grudges, mate fly and have fun.

My standpoint is i'm just here to have fun in a game i own and paid for knowing full well it was early access and i am impatient and want to fly FC in vr any and every chance i get, but just cannot bring myself to play against AI, getting about 6 hours a day. all i have ever wanted is opponents, so much so i have been playing and fooling around dogfighting with friends in WW2 planes when i don't have ww1 opponents, with me in my trusty camel. i learned long ago when i was working as a petrol chemical industry as a production operator, that you make do with what you have, and come up with inventive solutions to problems. AS problems there were bad, as things normally started burning and exploding when things were bad. 🙄

thanks all, sorry for all the drama in a gaming forum.

S!

paul

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2