Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

That "mindset" is an imaginary invention of yours.  If you want to debate the validity of the business model, talk to Jason.

Not at all. Read the posts. There are several breathless dissertations on the fall of the republic if a single Corsair is seen above Kuban, or an SBD over Europe.

And it was people in this thread making the doom and gloom pronouncements of killing sales and ending any future development. They can speak for themselves, as they already have.

1 minute ago, CanadaOne said:

Not at all. Read the posts. There are several breathless dissertations on the fall of the republic if a single Corsair is seen above Kuban, or an SBD over Europe.

Only in your imagination. 

1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Only in your imagination. 

Well, this is good bourbon. :cool:

But no, read the posts. It's all there in virtual black and white.

I think we’re ignoring the Italian in the room, I love it though, it’s one of my favorites and I am very glad they added it, but there were only ever like two of them in Russia, the SBD is no 202, but I always assumed they did the 202 instead of the 200 because they were going to do a med match up they wanted it for in the future

7 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Ahhh, I see.

Now that a plane actually does fit with a map, you're speaking on behalf of "the players" and saying they don't want it anyway. How convenient for you.

Please submit a list of all the other planes that fit with BOX maps that "players don't give much of a care about" so we'll know what we do and do not like.

Do you just like arguing for the sake of arguing? The SBD does not fit the Bodenplatte map that is coming. And, even if it did, its relevance and importance to the theater is way, way, way, way, way less than about a half-dozen other Allied planes I can think of. 

Secondly, I've been along combat flight sims and their fans long enough to know that certain planes are associated with certain theaters. That's just the way it is. 99.999999% of people are going to want to fly the SBD and Corsair on a Pacific-themed map, against Japanese adversaries.

Like @Gambit21 has said - if you want a mess, fly DCS.

For the SBD there are two notable areas it belongs, Pacific with the US Navy, Indochina with the French, oh and that Corsair, let me see try the same as the SBD although we can add Royal Navy in the Far East as well, maybe they came close to shore in the Mediterranean Sea or were seen aboard a carrier in Portsmouth yes but apart from a what if scenario there really is no place in what we have so far.:drinks:

Bye the way, I love the what if scene, Luftwaffe 46 and all that, but again, a time and place I think.

No one denies that we would not love to have both in game, however, you think of the two types you think of aircraft carriers or island hopping campaigns, or both, just how it is, now I am no Pacific junkie but surely the draw of that particular module is the types we most associate with it, only Jason can make that call.

Development time to my mind was already miss-spent on two particular types I do not need to name when the IAR and Hurricane would have been a better choice, please let us not go off on some wild goose chase here with these two.

The overall argument comes down to would these two types without a specific play ground be viable or would they divert resources away from things that still need fixing or more relevant types of aircraft to fill out the existing modules.

If the third party development teams want to try then please encourage them if you want, however, our development team would still need to make time to do their side of things.

Sorry guys, I think I do keep repeating myself on this particular theme, remove if you want.

Maybe a poll is due on this one, see what the masses think.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Do you just like arguing for the sake of arguing? The SBD does not fit the Bodenplatte map that is coming. And, even if it did, its relevance and importance to the theater is way, way, way, way, way less than about a half-dozen other Allied planes I can think of. 

Secondly, I've been along combat flight sims and their fans long enough to know that certain planes are associated with certain theaters. That's just the way it is. 99.999999% of people are going to want to fly the SBD and Corsair on a Pacific-themed map, against Japanese adversaries.

Like @Gambit21 has said - if you want a mess, fly DCS.

Settle down, Francis. You're here going at it just like everyone else, so don't get all innocent on us. ;)

I look forward to your next moving of the goal posts. First the plane had to have a map. Then when it turned out it did possibly have a map, then you decided we didn't' want the plane anyway. Now you're citing 99.999999% of the people as agreeing with you based on... what, your feelings? 99.999999% of the people in this thread don't even agree with you. I would ask again that you list out all the planes that flew on maps we have, or are going to have, that you personally don't think we want.

I'd love to see a BOX Lancaster. That would be an absolutely gorgeous plane and a riot to fly and I'm sure many people would agree. Unless of course you tell us we don't actually want it. Then I guess we won't want it.

16 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Now you're citing 99.999999% of the people as agreeing with you

To be fair he did not say 99.99999% of people don't want a SBD or Corsair unless they also have a Pacific map.  He said "99.999999% of people are going to want to fly the SBD and Corsair on a Pacific-themed map, against Japanese adversaries." which is probably true and probably includes you 🙂

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

To be fair he did not say 99.99999% of people don't want a SBD or Corsair unless they also have a Pacific map.  He said "99.999999% of people are going to want to fly the SBD and Corsair on a Pacific-themed map, against Japanese adversaries." which is probably true and probably includes you 🙂

No question a BOX Pacific scenario would be great. Agree completely. I guess I'm just curious, and amused, at the breathless agitation some experience when someone talks about WWII fighters being in a WWII flightsim.

WWII aircraft or not, the SBD makes about as much sense on the current maps as an F-16.

That's the point really.

• Thanks 1