Muscat

I cant play anymore!

thank you for responding and for the suggestion but if, I deleted and reinstalled the game as 20 times on different hard drives HDDs and SSDs deleting all residue from the game and nothing seems to work, the game remains frozen on the desktop with the message "the game doesnt respond". the funny thing is that the rest of the applications work like silk, also DCS flight in 2k with graphics at full and I have no problem so I do not understand what may be happening but the most frustrating thing is that nobody helps me and I paid for it! is hopeless!

After installing 3.012 update today my BOS would not complete game loading. Progress bar would freeze at far right edge just before finishing. I completely disabled my security/antivirus/firewall software and loaded the game completely this time. With the game still running, I restarted all the security/antivirus/firewall software and ran a mission again.

At this point, I closed Steam and BOS. On my next attempt to run a mission, the game fully loaded and works fine now with security software running.

Muscat, I don't know if you've tried this process, but offer it since it did solve my problem.

my problem starts when I click to start the game, not even the game starts, is frozen in the taskbar in mode does not respond .... so it does not even load or enter the menu, I have also added to the exceptions of firewall / antivirus ...  the strange thing is that until two or three updates ago the game worked incredibly well for me, so what happened here! wow this is very frustrating mate....

Posted (edited)

Hi Muscat

Sorry to hear your woes. Im going through something similar.

In short. After update 3.011 I launched Il2 from steam and the sound wouldn't work in game. I restarted the game to hopefully fix the problem but from that point on the game would CTD at the first loading screen. I tried all of the suggestion which have been given to you with no result's. I sent a crash dump file to support but all I got back from them was to roll back all updates to when the game last worked.

I came back to the game after a week of trying and playing DCS instead. I was just about to reinstall on a different drive when the game suddenly launched. I have no idea what made it suddenly work. 

But guess what happened last night after 3.012 Update :( the exact problem in the same procedure happened. After launch there was no sound in game. I restarted the game to the same CTD at the first loading screen and Im now locked out of the game again. So really have no idea what to do but hope the same  fix just happens over time again.

Sorry I have no help but to say your not alone.

Things I tried.............

Reinstall x 4

Update Win10, Nvidia, Sound

Valid files in steam

launched from steam and directly from game directory 

cried myself to sleep

Prayed to the Il2 gods

Edited by JohnHolmes
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JohnHolmes said:

Hi Muscat

Sorry to hear your woes. Im going through something similar.

In short. After update 3.011 I launched Il2 from steam and the sound wouldn't work in game. I restarted the game to hopefully fix the problem but from that point on the game would CTD at the first loading screen. I tried all of the suggestion which have been given to you with no result's. I sent a crash dump file to support but all I got back from them was to roll back all updates to when the game last worked.

I came back to the game after a week of trying and playing DCS instead. I was just about to reinstall on a different drive when the game suddenly launched. I have no idea what made it suddenly work. 

But guess what happened last night after 3.012 Update :( the exact problem in the same procedure happened. After launch there was no sound in game. I restarted the game to the same CTD at the first loading screen and Im now locked out of the game again. So really have no idea what to do but hope the same  fix just happens over time again...........

I understand you, brother..... try this i solve the problem this way:

how to perform a clean boot in windows

I know i know its a generic microsoft help but hey! here it works

now i'm happy again! thanks all of you giving me his help, much appreciated🙏

2019_3_19__9_20_56_zpscposdvyy.png

Edited by Muscat
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 5:48 PM, FlyingH said:

@1/JSpan_Musct, where is your game plced? In C\program files? If so move it to another location on your hdd or to another disc. And don´t start the game from the launcher.exe but go into ...\IL2Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game and use that il2.exe. Make a shortcut to your destop and start from there. Only use the launcher for updates!

Well I’m going to try this because I can’t play the game anymore, it just freeze when I start a mission. 

Ok, I did a clean new installation, after uninstalling the game, however nothing worked, as soon as i start the game (mission, quick mission, whatever) the game freeze and crash.

Can't play it anymore at all. :(

On 4/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, Muscat said:

steam install?

Nope, not on steam. 

Ditto myself on all including ALL fixes (reinstall 5X, drivers, admin, drive, paths, 4K, seeding, etc.)   Tried rolling back nVidia driver to 425.31which I knew worked (as well as last 2 but worth the effort to try).

Updated Win10, and game amazingly started but then went back to CTD at launch (15%-ish?)  

It worked.  They 1C updated.  Now it doesn't, even going back to earlier drivers.  Not saying it's there fault, just saying for chronological purposes.

Sucky part is I'd recently updated to BOBP and it was working then.

Sent 1C all sys info and diag reports they asked for.  Thought I had it fixed with solving SoundEngine.dll issue per 1CGS support recommendation.  Restarted, looked great for about 10 minutes while I remapped the control keys, but then it fails.  I am normal retail from 1C, NOT Steam version. 

Tried all items on FAQ page, including:

multiple reinstalls,

move to new drive,

start as admin,

update Win10,

update drivers,

roll back drivers,

delete update folder,

A/V on/off,

uncheck read only,

wait for Friday to Sunday servers,

shorten path,

no seed,

4K off,

firewall on/off,

clean boot,

no mods,

no overclock,

launch from .exe,

uninstall through iL2, u

ninstall through Win10,

multiple combinations of each.  Have now spent more time trying to fix than I've flown.

Now after reinstall it goes to "failed to update." 

When I look in .bin it doesn't even appear to have installed il2.exe file.  See attached. 

Tried getting il2.exe from backup folder on other drive, and even from another user.  No luck.

I'm dead in the water.  What kills me is it worked great prior to last update.  No problem with any other sim or game, including iL-2 CLOD.  Just iL2-BOS.

328204862_iL2wontupdate.thumb.png.ce2a8a3c1e96b60af044b15b4e990be7.pngANY ideas please?

• Like 1

When I launch that unzipped file it's says "The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api464.dl was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix the problem."  It doesn't.

My comment "Tried getting il2.exe from backup folder on other drive, and even from another user." was from seeing how you'd helped somebody else on that and I copied that file.  

A very sincere Thanks on that.  I do appreciate the help.

A full clean reinstall brings me to the folder as shown.  It looks like it's missing files but this is direct from their servers.  I would speculate somebody hacked them, but other people are doing okay.  A close friend in another state is having same problem, letting me go first on trying to fix, so I know it's not a unique issue.  His also direct purchase, not Steam.  

I even considered buying new copy through Steam, but that's a $40 experiment.  Would definitely be worth it if it did work though.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just did the most recent update tonight and am experiencing the same issue. I also tried Gordon200's IL2.exe file with no effect. I launch the game it, get the black logo screen for about 5sec, then get dumped back out to the desktop.

I am not on a Steam version of the game.

Event viewer shows this:

Faulting application name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5d027355
Faulting module name: SoundEngine.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d027069
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000003994
Faulting process id: 0x1f08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d52a402a2612f3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\bin\game\SoundEngine.dll
Report Id: 019f6cbf-446b-403c-8dd2-808e3e52b0eb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Il-2.exe
      5d027355
      SoundEngine.dll
      5d027069
      c0000005
      1f08
      01d52a402a2612f3
      C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\bin\game\Il-2.exe
      C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\bin\game\SoundEngine.dll
      019f6cbf-446b-403c-8dd2-808e3e52b0eb
Edited by porkchopper
Added info

My event viewer error page looked almost exactly like yours, ie: faulting app, faulting module, error code, SoundEngine.dll,  etc.  

Just finished another 2+ hours of debugging to find the solution for me was to repeat one already tried several (6+) times before.  Update audio driver.

The driver for my Realtek HD Audio card (integrated into Asus Strix Z270 motherboard) said it was updating and that I then had current version each time.  Win10 said I had current driver each time. 

While talking to a friend who had similar problems, he mentioned his version which just happened to also be on an Asus brand MB running Realtek, and it was NOT what I had.  Previous updated driver was something like 6.0.1.7933? and the newer version is 6.0.1.8273.  He had a slightly newer version .8345? but a totally different MB. 

I found the REAL "we really mean it this time newer" driver on the MB website.  Not on Win10, Realtek, or interweb, etc.  If you haven't already, I'd give that a try before giving up.  

After that, if it doesn't light off, do Gordon200's IL2.exe file.  I'd recommend doing it anyway. 

Finally, it then only works for me if I run Launcher or iL2.exe as Administrator

Best of luck to you!!

• Like 1