Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

Graphical User Interface aka the Menu

Jason

5 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

That was quick work. Don't you guys ever sleep? 

The Moscow team works hard and a lot of hours indeed. 

Jason

• Like 8
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 9

22 hours ago, pilotpierre said:

Tiger troubles??? Vos ist los der tiger troubles???

The biggest problem with the Tigers is they've lost three Cy Young winning pitchers in the last five seasons. That's why they've tanked recently.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

The percentage for the fuel slider was a very important feature. It's fairly a regressive feature to not have it there at all.

The push should always be towards having more data presentable, not less.

The text chat layout is great! It's no longer using so much space.

Only thing is the objective icons on the map are incredibly small.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Han said:

3. In-game chat shows previous messages when the Enter key is pressed;

This is a true game changer.

Just add Full screen map  night mode and it will be fantastic!

However , I am worried about your health

Guys please take some good sleep in Moscow,  take care of yourself ❤️❤️❤️ 

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

I’ll readily admit that I’m not as computer savvy as many here, but what does GUI refer to?

Graphical User Interface.

Thanks for the hard and relentless work guys!!😍

I also experience a more fluid gameplay in VR and more depth of colour and more sharpness. I doubt that this is a placebo effect. It defenitely looks way better then before the update!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Han said:

Update 3.010 brought many significant GUI changes, so now we're releasing the small update containing quick fixes:

1. Full-screen map position won't be reset after using the bombsight;
2. Text chat layout has been improved;
3. In-game chat shows previous messages when the Enter key is pressed;
4. Full-screen map transparency can be adjusted in the game options;
5. Airfield symbols in multiplayer have been updated;
6. Airfield symbols in multiplayer have additional elements showing the enemy threat level near it;
7. Threat level and amount of active players won't be shown for enemy airfields;
8. Multiplayer statistics screen is only updated when it is opened;
9. Multiplayer statistics screen sorts the players basing on the number of points by default;
10. Multiplayer statistics screen remembers the selected sorting criteria;
11. Secondary targets information on the multiplayer statistics screen has been repositioned  ;
12. Servers protected by password and/or servers with a bad connection can be hidden in the servers list;
13. Frontline with the color specified as 255,255,255 will be displayed with correct colors like (0,0,10) since many created missions and campaigns rely on that;
14. Mission target markers have been adjusted for a clearer look while zoomed in;
15. Fuel and convergence sliders were made longer for easier use;
16. Mapping delete function in the game settings has been restored;
17. Ground object markers on the map have been made smaller;
18. Engine sound positioning has been improved;
19. Radio messages are made clearer;
20. Incorrect damage calculation has been fixed (a ricochet from a front lower hull of a tank could kill a driver or a radioman);
21. A random bug that could kill the Tiger tank crew after any hit has been fixed;
22. KV-1s and Т-34-76 aiming sights won't flicker;
23. I-16 aiming sight has been improved like on other aircraft;
24. Example multiplayer missions Cooperative_Complex_Example and Dogfight_Complex_Example show how different symbols or lines on the map can be created.

Hi Han i noticed there is no more percentage indication beside fuel bar (can we have it back :) ), however fuel bar size is now perfect.

Also objective/target markers/icons are way too small on map (VR user) and low transparency circle around it doesn't help.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

4. Full-screen map transparency can be adjusted in the game options.

I have been waiting for so loooong for this :yahoo:

(Are there keys to bind it so it is easy to use in flight?)

• Upvote 1

17. Ground object markers on the map have been made smaller;

too small ... from my point of view.

In the bombsight, I have problems saving the map once used,.
To save it and see the  bombsight  again, I must press the ESC key, (I used to press the map key again and it was saved).

regards

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo

All of these sound like great fixes/upgrades. 

The scripted campaign menu layout looks awesome, much more practical now!

Many thanks!! Looking forward to a few flights tonight.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Like 1

Target icons too small on my 2560x1440 screen. Also miss the fuel percentage but that's secondary IMHO. Apart from that, great work as usual!

• Upvote 2

Thanks Team IC  What a Bunch of wild and Crazy Guys     :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Euto said:

3.010: i barly can hear the radio... it is all engine sound.WAY to loud now. I own a Senheiser PC363D and i tested 7.1 5.1 and 4 channels to no avail. Last 3.009 was fine

3.010b same... radio is somewhere there but cant realy hear it. I can't hear the beep and the voices since the update... just way to faint

Yes, I also experienced this after 3.010b update.  I rarely fly bombers, but earlier tonight I took a Pe-2 up.  When a bandit came in, the first thing I noticed was the sound of gunfire, when my AI rear gunner opened fire.  I seem to recall in the past, we had the rear gunner yell out "number one, he's coming in!" or something like that.  He actually may have said that,  prior to opening fire, but I never heard it over the engine sound.  I did occasionally hear the "I'm on fire" call from other aircraft, but it was really faint.   My game sounds come over speakers (4 channels), not a headset.

Edited by SeaSerpent

8 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Graphical User Interface aka the Menu

Jason

The Moscow team works hard and a lot of hours indeed. 

Jason

Hi, 

I have the feeling those last updates really improved the MP and make it really enjoyable. 

The new GUI looks nice, with some great ideas like: Unable to see which airfield is the most used by ennemies, and the possibility to see the chatlog once you are in flight.

Thank you.

Thank you guys!  Have a GRRRRREAT weekend !!!! I'll try to, flying this stuff made by you,

but something weird is happening to the "Scripted Campaigns" interface ( ? )

2019_2_8__8_22_55.jpg

Edited by jcomm
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Anyone else getting no sound since the update?

Any sounds in general you mean? 

No, it's ok with me. 

3 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Any sounds in general you mean? 

No, it's ok with me. 

Everything just goes in and out. I move throttle up and the engine sound dies. Guns and everything also drone out as well. My friends were having the same issues.

Edited by Legioneod

A special request to the developers, the map icons seem to shrink in size and with no ability to scale them for older gents with poor eyesight such as myself, can you make them user adjustable?   I zoom into the map and the icons remain the same size with the target icons almost invisible and the notice of an airbase under attack is the same, love the game but you should make them adjustable for those older flyers or folks with eyesight issues.  One last item, when you make changes to icons can you please publish a graphic showing this=changed=to that, so that there is now confusion.  BTW, I fly with regular monitor.

Thanks

Edited by GSP_Hund
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, GSP_Hund said:

but you should make them adjustable for those older flyers or folks with eyesight issues.

Also for people playing on VR, since the actual HMD resolution is not good enough.

BTW, did you know than with actual VR, eyesighted people see very well close objects ?

it's an actual limitation of the 1st gen, the focal distance is fixed an aprox 2m, in the future with varifocal displays or light fields, it will be like in IRL ... just a curiosity

• Upvote 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you. These were exactly the points I was always critical about. 

I like this one

"7. Threat level and amount of active players won't be shown for enemy airfields;"

👍

My squad were just grumbling on Wednesday about the fact that the enemy always knows where you are.   The map in KOTA only had two fighter bases and one was being vulched but as soon as we switched to the other base the vulchers could see and just flew across to the second base to vulch that instead before we could spawn and warm up and take-off    😞

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

Thank you guys!  Have a GRRRRREAT weekend !!!! I'll try to, flying this stuff made by you,

but something weird is happening to the "Scripted Campaigns" interface ( ? )

2019_2_8__8_22_55.jpg

Yes can confirm it from my side too!

8 minutes ago, Yankee_One said:

Yes can confirm it from my side too!

Me too. When you click on 'Description'.

1 hour ago, GSP_Hund said:

A special request to the developers, the map icons seem to shrink in size and with no ability to scale them for older gents with poor eyesight such as myself, can you make them user adjustable?   I zoom into the map and the icons remain the same size with the target icons almost invisible and the notice of an airbase under attack is the same, love the game but you should make them adjustable for those older flyers or folks with eyesight issues.  One last item, when you make changes to icons can you please publish a graphic showing this=changed=to that, so that there is now confusion.  BTW, I fly with regular monitor.

Thanks

I second this.

Can you tell me when will the "cloud bug" be fixed? (It's really unpleasant not to see planes flying along a cloud.)

Thanks for all your work with the updates Jason and team.  Like the new map transparency :)

I very much appreciate your work ethic, passion for combat flight simulation and customer relations.  You are a top team!

Happy landings,

Talisman

15 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Can you tell me when will the "cloud bug" be fixed? (It's really unpleasant not to see planes flying along a cloud.)

Strange cause I saw some improvements about this. 

Am I the only one?

Haven't had that particular bug for over a year now. It fixed itself after a driver update.

Unless we're talking about different things. Issue being that planes go instantly invisible when they so much as touch a cloud, yeah?

Target icons need to be larger.

Kill messages no longer appear in QM and SP.

VR stutter introduced with 3.010b after big improvement in clarity only a few days ago.

Sorry to sound unappreciative but I am not a fan of this latest update.

5 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Everything just goes in and out. I move throttle up and the engine sound dies. Guns and everything also drone out as well. My friends were having the same issues.

I have experienced the same sound loss starting about 2 updates ago. Sound just disappears then randomly comes back. 

15 hours ago, Han said:

7. Threat level and amount of active players won't be shown for enemy airfields;

Thank you a lot devs!!

:salute:

I have noticed a bit more difficulty in spotting since contacts since the last update. I also have been getting some sound anomalies like no sound at times. Anyone else?? On the flip side I have had no difficulties getting in server (WOL) and no greyed out start button (WOOHOO!!!!). For the most part though the game looks great! Nice job devs!!

51 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Its not a bug and it was explained many many times.