Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

I have a question. I love the graphics in IL-2 Stalingrad. My question, whenever I fly through a cloud on outsideview I see the aliasing bricks on my wings/plane. Is there a setting to get rid of 

that or is it natural. I run a 1070 TI on 1080p monitor

Edited by 54th_Hashashin
typo

Sounds like great news,

can´t wait to test it out :) But i have one little question? Is the Mirror Bug in this Version fixed and referring to Point " 26. Lists rendering has been optimized, improving the overall GUI performance, settings and Career mode responsiveness, etc; " ?  

Thank you for the constantly hard work on this game :) Special Thanks to the translators for the SP 😄 Can´t wait to see the next Updates!

lg Rico

Edited by [KGv53]Big_Al_the_Allo

Many thanks and appreciation for the update.

Nice surprise after only having the modules for a few weeks. 😎  😎

Mike.

I really like this DM now! Wings are again breaking off, but when they are damaged and under high-G load! -Not the same way like it was in 3.007, when it was quite excessive. After this testing this feels very very good. :). Not tried the large cannons yet.

Unfortunately, I’m out of town, but will download the latest fix as soon as I return.  Judging from the comments above the team has done a great job as usual and you all should take pride in a job well done to make this the best.  KUDOS!

Wow... can we always have DD on Monday if we get such fixes then?

Awesome job!! Thanks guys! :good:

3 minutes ago, Hanu said:

I really like this DM now! Wings are again breaking off, but when they are damaged and under high-G load! -Not the same way like it was in 3.007, when it was quite excessive. After this testing this feels very very good. :). Not tried the large cannons yet.

Yeah its something between old DM and the new, what we wanted, but I would like to have rudder and elevator less resistant to MK108 (20mm not tested yet) in the future.

Nice update! Also its seems to me that the new GUI remember old settings like skins, fuel etc. which is very good.

26 minutes ago, 54th_Hashashin said:

I have a question. I love the graphics in IL-2 Stalingrad. My question, whenever I fly through a cloud on outsideview I see the aliasing bricks on my wings/plane. Is there a setting to get rid of 

It's "normal" and long-standing limitation of the gfx engine, you'll have to get used to it.

Thanks to Jason and his team for this very nice cookie. I wait now for the big cake to come in a few weeks. 😎

Edited by IckyATLAS

32 minutes ago, 54th_Hashashin said:

Limitation of the game engine. For the time being no solution.

Recently Jason said something about it when the question popped up again. but can't find the comment at the moment.

Found a topic from a year ago plus answer by Jason.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34679-cloud-issues/

Edited by Uufflakke

tested the U-2 rockets anti tanks and it is a new challange to me learning how to aim those but it is possible 😄 and fun :P 

Thank you for no 33.

I just tested my Hs-129 career, now AI planes cruise at 290 km/h instead of 265 km/h. Much easier to fly in formation with full fuel and bomb load. :happy:

P-47 looks great in 4K-skins, all that shiny metal...

• Like 1

Thanks. Great to know walking humans are now damageable targets. Hope to see even further improvement in that area, TC could do with soldiers to shoot at!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

Recently Jason said something about it when the question popped up again. but can't find the comment at the moment.

I finally found my post in Graviteam forum what i think was something similar(but maybe Im wrong) and they finally fixed it i think.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10419.msg23845#msg23845

Q: Is it possible to make something with these white outlines in infantry?

A: Yes in shadows. It is a feature of the algorithm used by imposing shadows.

Q: I tried everything and the outlines are still there. (shadows on/off, different graphic settings etc)

A: these outlines are particularly feature of shadow imposing algorithm.
They can not turn off 

Q: but in previous patches it was ok. Am I right?

A: Yes, previous patch has little bit another algorithm for shadow mapping.

Will be fixed in next patch.

Thanks for the update but when are we going to see the P51? Been a long time waiting....

Actually, micro stuttering and micro freeze are gone. Tested now on Knights of the sky.

Sure, network has been heavily improved.

Thanks for the update, sounds great!

I'm glad you decided not to hold back the important improvements until new content is ready. Thanks a lot for that wise decision.

:drinks:

Mike

1 hour ago, 54th_Hashashin said:

44 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

28 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

I finally found my post in Graviteam forum what i think was something similar(but maybe Im wrong) and they finally fixed it i think.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10419.msg23845#msg23845

Q: Is it possible to make something with these white outlines in infantry?

A: Yes in shadows. It is a feature of the algorithm used by imposing shadows.

Q: I tried everything and the outlines are still there. (shadows on/off, different graphic settings etc)

A: these outlines are particularly feature of shadow imposing algorithm.
They can not turn off 

Q: but in previous patches it was ok. Am I right?

A: Yes, previous patch has little bit another algorithm for shadow mapping.

Will be fixed in next patch.

I found Jason's comment I was referring to:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/40767-the-clouds-issue-examined/?tab=comments#comment-689504

I realise it is an off topic subject actually. ;)

So better move on to today's game version 3.10  :):gamer:

29 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

Thanks for the update but when are we going to see the P51? Been a long time waiting....

It will be June for the P51 to arrive, Maybe we see first pics in April.

13 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Yes this update isn't about clouds.

Jason

Yes you are right, sorry for this

56 minutes ago, Optimum-X said:

I just tested my Hs-129 career, now AI planes cruise at 290 km/h instead of 265 km/h. Much easier to fly in formation with full fuel and bomb load. :happy:

Yes, I was quite glad this change was made. :good: I tested every single plane to see where there might be a problem with them flying too fast or too slow. The result now is that you shouldn't have to use combat power to keep up with the AI when carrying bombs and / or they won't fly too slow any more (like with the Hs 129).

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

The product is not released yet - so yes you're going to continue to wait for various items until development is complete.

Thanks! The new improvements are great. Those small details are really, really important!

No Pugs Here..... Thanks Development Team for your Class A+  Work your the Best

This drops and I'm on my way out the door to physical therapy. It will have to wait....damn! I will try it when I get home.

Thanks for the update team! Your hard work is appreciated!

Devs! I love you! 😍  this latest update gave a huge boost in fps in VR! even with Hud on i achieved 90fps in level flight 3k height (in Multiplayer) , droppping down to 45 in combat, but overall a much smoother experience for me on my ryzen 1600x with 1070 GTX card. Thanks for your constant and brilliant efforts on this pearl! Did some really fluid fights, before i recognized that HUD was still on! Never had this before! 🛩️:fly:

cheers,

Jimmy

Edited by JimmySolarium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The updating of this sim is amazing: just out of this world, really. Hope everybody can appreciate that. Dev team: you guys are *insanely great*! - bolshoi spasiba & spakuinie nots from a happy customer. 

Wow, a Monday update.  Thank you team, it will be a few hours before I can get it.

Indeed, these guys are 2nd to none!

I am seriously considering buying Tank Crew just as a form of support! After all, that's certainly a much more interesting/useful way of saying "Thank Ya 1C / 777 !!! "

Edited by jcomm

Got my oculus up and running today, perfect timing! Also, oh my sweet Jesus this game in VR is bloody awesome!