Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

Just now, Han said:

Dear pilots,

The new content will be made available in a few weeks, but we have decided to release the update 3.010 now to publish many improvements and fixes which are already ready. U-2VS Collector Plane is now available in Career mode and can be equipped with rockets. P-47D-28 now sports 4K textures made by Martin =ICDP= Catney. There are also DM improvements and we hope this update should finish the current cycle of DM improvements for now. Important multiplayer and AI fixes are also in. Last, but not the least, is the optimized GUI which should yield more performance in flight. The full change list follows:

News on 3.010 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 9
  • Thanks 19
  • Upvote 12

Sounds really good! Thanks again! On my way to test it. :)

Sounds excellent thanks for the update!

I look forward to checking out the new scale GUI option in VR.

The new GUI Auto scale proved difficult to make so there maybe a few bugs still.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 4

Excellent. I hope this has helped solve some of my latest MP woes.

Great work!

“P-47 stall behaviour corrected”

Hopefully this refers to the accelerated snap stall of the left wing when pulling out of a dive.  On a number of occasions while strafing, I have found myself flying inverted!

I wasn't aware it was possible for the U-2VS to be even more fun but here we are. Can't wait to hit fascists with rockets

• Upvote 3

from quick testing the DM is much much better, but after reviewing my trk file (3.10 update file), there is unstoppable blinking of the cockpit view.

I almost got epilepsy!!!

Let me know guys pls if its only mine problem.

Edit: blinking trk file solved. Now its ok

Edited by Voidhunger

"33. Aircraft cruise speeds were corrected in the Career mode so wingmen won't lag behind the flight leaders"

Is this for all planes in all SP missions (including user made) when a formation order is given? Or is it somehow limited to career? That would make me so happy!!

Hi. 

"A large mission running on a server won't prevent some players from joining;"

What does that mean exacly?

8. Now wings are correctly damaged when their root parts are hit on Bf-109F/G/K, Ju-87, IL-2, I-16, La-5, Yak-1, Yak-7, LaGG-3, MiG-3, U-2, MC 202, P-39, P-40;

9. The sturdiness of the tail part of the fuselage has been corrected for all planes;

Does it mean it was increased ?

Edited by StaB/Tomio_VR***

1 minute ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Hi. 

"A large mission running on a server won't prevent some players from joining;"

What does that mean exacly?

Have you tried to join KOTR or Wings of Liberty after a mission rollover? It's nigh on impossible for a  good long while, the game usually loads and the disconnects back to the main menu. I think (hope!) it's a fix to that issue.

31. Certain buildings shouldn't levitate above the terrain anymore;

I hope I'm doing it wrong but I see no difference with port_up objects, they are still up in the air?

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Leifr said:

Have you tried to join KOTR or Wings of Liberty after a mission rollover? It's nigh on impossible for a  good long while, the game usually loads and the disconnects back to the main menu. I think (hope!) it's a fix to that issue.

Yes it's annoying, that's why I hope it's what they corrected :good:

Dev, thank you for your hard work as always, but could you be more transparent when referring to "fixed" and "corrected" etc.

27 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

The new GUI Auto scale proved difficult to make so there maybe a few bugs still.

Jason

Only got to briefly check it as I don't have much time today, but looks pretty good from what I saw.

:good:

Sounds awesome, thanks devs! Starting a U-2 career right away! 😂

14 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

8. Now wings are correctly damaged when their root parts are hit on Bf-109F/G/K, Ju-87, IL-2, I-16, La-5, Yak-1, Yak-7, LaGG-3, MiG-3, U-2, MC 202, P-39, P-40;

9. The sturdiness of the tail part of the fuselage has been corrected for all planes;

Does it mean it was increased ?

from my quick testing MK108 against P47 its now possible to shot off wings but the tail of the P47 is still dmg proof:)

Anyway its improvement, now I will be testing Yaks and Laggs

3. U-2VS Collector Plane can be equipped with ROS-82 and RBS-82 unguided rockets;

far out!

😎

3 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

from my quick testing MK108 against P47 its now possible to shot off wings but the tail of the P47 is still dmg proof:)

Anyway its improvement, now I will be testing Yaks and Laggs

B17 was down with 3 - 4 hits by MK108. Usually fighter was destroyed after 1 - 2 hits. Thunderbolt included. MK108 was lethal weapon. 

• Upvote 3

Always most interested in any mention of AI fixes/updates, tbh. Always appreciated. It's coming along, thank you with any/all work in this area.

Reading through the rest of the items, seems very solid patch. Thank you for your continued dedication :)

Edited by Redwo1f

Thank you very much! I was desperate for some performance improvements!

Can't wait to try it!

Any chance to get HVAR rockets for the 47 if I may?

Hopefully the Spit IX will get 4K skins too on an update going forward...

17 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

B17 was down with 3 - 4 hits by MK108. Usually fighter was destroyed after 1 - 2 hits. Thunderbolt included. MK108 was lethal weapon. 

Thats not entirely true (for the B-17), but I agree it was very devastating for fighters.(Thunderbolt included)

But not let start this again

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 2

AWESOME!!! You guys are the greatest! Wish I was at the PC. I’m out of town😩. So which New Content coming in a few weeks??

Monday, Monday so good for me!