Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

9 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Did you try turning on v sync? Did that help? Basicallysolved the issue as far as I can tell

Affirmative, that takes care of it.

Framerate is not  good .. on the ground in a tank max 35 fps ..really unplayable   ( GTX 1080 , WIN 10 , 32 GB RAM. I7 7700 3,6O GHZ  )

Sometimes 60 fps , but thats for a few seconds

Please help launcher stuck at 149.18mb for the patch 3.010b. I have deleted update folder and check or uncheck "prefer web distirbution" in launcher but dowloading keeps on being stuck at 149.18mb...Any help thanks

8 minutes ago, Azdack said:

Please help launcher stuck at 149.18mb for the patch 3.010b. I have deleted update folder and check or uncheck "prefer web distirbution" in launcher but dowloading keeps on being stuck at 149.18mb...Any help thanks

It did the same for me after deleting update folders. It took four tries to get it past 65% download and a few notices that it was unable to update.

Be patient. I am sure the servers are working overtime this weekend.

Spent about 4 hours this morning flying VR in my Campaign.

Just incredible, thank you 1CGS for your continuing support and improvements to the VR experience! 

It is so nice to see a Developer actually doing , rather than just talking. You already had the best VR implementation in the Genre when you first released it, and it just keeps getting better and better.

Performance for me was outstanding, all flying was smooth, stutter free, and gorgeous!

Loving the changes to the GUI, so much easier to read the text and viewing the map.

And 0 performance loss for me in having the HUD and even the mini map on, or the large map. And no more stutters when switching the HUD or Map on or off.

Smooth as silk.

Your efforts in this I am sure are greatly appreciated by all!! Thank you!!

:good:

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Tuninfogliato said:
Good morning to all pilots.
Why in the update 3.010 are no longer shown targets shot down instantly? Is there a reason? I ask the developers
Thanks Antonio

Does this happen for everyone?

If so, that’s a great result. 

I would like to say thank you for changing the bullet impact sound and making it quieter. back then getting shot at used to scare the crap out of you like it was a horror game. 

also, I also like it if you get killed the camera change to a much farther pan shot. unlike that other sim if you die from a missile you are greeted with a massive bang 

Edited by Ustio

Player counts are showing again for enemy airfields in multiplayer, this reappeared after the 3.010b update.

EDIT: Weird, the numbers disappeared after a couple of minutes and reverted to being hidden.

Edited by Leifr

hmm today I have again the blinking trk bug now even in external view. Also sound was broken in this track.

1 hour ago, Leifr said:

Player counts are showing again for enemy airfields in multiplayer, this reappeared after the 3.010b update.

EDIT: Weird, the numbers disappeared after a couple of minutes and reverted to being hidden.

You can se numbers of players on each base on all sides before you select what side you wont to play, when selected side i didnt notice you can see enemy side numbers.

Its realy anoying and hope it gets removed.

Also it seams they removed or changed icon telling you before you spawn that that base is vulched, before there was big ring easy visable informing you you should not spawn as youll probably get bullet in your head imidiatly, now both bases lok same, i just spawned on base look left and there is 109 diving on me 500m from me, before i would see ring and select other base as i would know enemy is with in 3km from spawn base vulching it.

• Upvote 1

Since the last update the Steam VR install/start has been literally clunking along at about half what it averaged before ( in the low 20's!!!) while if I start the sim without the Steam start ( say with just the il2 exe ) I still get decent FPS.I wonder in an uninstall & clean reinstall through Steam is in order? I'm concerned if I do a complete uninstall I'll lose Mods, missions,campaigns,settings etc..This has happened before.Should I just save /copy these folders to reinstall after the  the new version has downloaded.Is there a clean efficient way of doing this? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Since the last update the Steam VR install/start has been literally clunking along at about half what it averaged before ( in the low 20's!!!) while if I start the sim without the Steam start ( say with just the il2 exe ) I still get decent FPS.I wonder in an uninstall & clean reinstall through Steam is in order? I'm concerned if I do a complete uninstall I'll lose Mods, missions,campaigns,settings etc..This has happened before.Should I just save /copy these folders to reinstall after the  the new version has downloaded.Is there a clean efficient way of doing this? Thanks!

My SteamVR actually stopped working alltogether yesterday and I'm not sure why. Tried reinstalling SteamVR, tried Reinstalling Steam itself on a different drive and starting from scratch. Nothing. I'll just trackIR for the time being but I hope it magically starts working again, as this stuff usually does later on.

The map opening and closing much quicker is so nice! Thanks!

Great work on these updates (and hot fixes) GUI looks a lot better, the performance has improved, and the DM; wow that’s more like it. Thank you for hearing us even if the discourse doesn’t always have take the best turns; it’s clear you see the same things we do. Keep it up.

• Like 2

Its a good update i like the DM 90% a few weird moments but that could be net code .

Keep up the good work strong following here .

few bugs but thats in bug report .

Seem to be back to wing detachment days (in my non-scientific tests using QMB). Other than that it runs beautifully.

Small thing: at mid-range an A-20 minus its vertical stabiliser appeared to have a white light roughly in the position of the missing fin.

31 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Seem to be back to wing detachment days (in my non-scientific tests using QMB). Other than that it runs beautifully.

Small thing: at mid-range an A-20 minus its vertical stabiliser appeared to have a white light roughly in the position of the missing fin.

While I don't think wing detachments are as common as they used to be, it does seem like it's happening alot at times. I'm gonna test it and play with it some more before making a final judgment on it but so far I think it's ok.

Edited by Legioneod

35 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

While I don't think wing detachments are as common as they used to be, it does seem like it's happening alot at times. I'm gonna test it and play with it some more before making a final judgment on it but so far I think it's ok.

This was a Spit vs 109s / 190s and 190s vs. A-20s. Not what you would call exhaustive testing, but wing detachment occurred in c. 40% of cases. Personally I would prefer that they were rarer, but it could be simply coincidence.

I'm very new to the game, I got it just before 3.009 hit. I have to say the only time i've seen a wing come off was after the 3.010 update, flying mission 2 of blazing steppe you bounce the JU52's, Despite my appalling gunnery I managed to shoot a wing off both planes.

took me somewhat by surprise tbh.

i'll post if i see any more instances but that's my first experience of it, never seen it happen up to that point. (could be coincidental tbh)

New DM with 3.010 definitly improved.  Tested against fighters mostly but it did a job very well.  WIth good burst now possible to show down fighter in first pass,  also i notice much frequently shot off  different parts of planes ( airleons, flaps, stabilizers) and engine fire  -     these from shoting mostly from 20 mm cannos.  Also more freqently critical damages after pull more G with damaged plane.

Now is DM is much better then old one.

Edited by 303_Kwiatek

3 hours ago, Melonfish said:

I'm very new to the game, I got it just before 3.009 hit. I have to say the only time i've seen a wing come off was after the 3.010 update, flying mission 2 of blazing steppe you bounce the JU52's, Despite my appalling gunnery I managed to shoot a wing off both planes.

took me somewhat by surprise tbh.

i'll post if i see any more instances but that's my first experience of it, never seen it happen up to that point. (could be coincidental tbh)

If you came to the game after 3.008, that was right after the DM was tweaked and it became very difficult to de-wing planes (though not impossible). In the old DM I regularly dewinged 109s with MiG-3 with the dual 12.7mm option, which was a bit unlikely TBH. The DM post recent patch is somewhere in the middle between the old DM and the 3.008 DM, and strikes a good balance in my opinion. Although I found the 3.008 DM was not unreasonable either in most respects.

• Like 1

Just now, =SFF=_cercataa said:

The Axis AI now makes boom and zoom, or I dreamed it ?

They've done it on and off to me for a while. I think it happens in pretty narrow circumstances.

The AI does play a lot more in the vertical in the last few updates though. At least IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 303_Kwiatek said:

New DM with 3.010 definitly improved.  Tested against fighters mostly but it did a job very well.  WIth good burst now possible to show down fighter in first pass,  also i notice much frequently shot off  different parts of planes ( airleons, flaps, stabilizers) and engine fire  -     these from shoting mostly from 20 mm cannos.  Also more freqently critical damages after pull more G with damaged plane.

Now is DM is much better then old one.

what about 30mm?

8 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

what about 30mm?

its deadlier than before previous patch.

DM is now good ( only VVS fighters can survive tremendous punishment (structurally) from my testing with Mg151)

5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

They've done it on and off to me for a while. I think it happens in pretty narrow circumstances.

The AI does play a lot more in the vertical in the last few updates though. At least IMO.

Yes they have been doing it for a little while for me also, definitely flying to their advantages.

Prior to the new updates I was getting great fps with my new card.  Now I am lucky to get 1/3 of those rates.  Is there an ongoing thread about this issue?

8 minutes ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Prior to the new updates I was getting great fps with my new card.  Now I am lucky to get 1/3 of those rates.  Is there an ongoing thread about this issue?

I get about 1/2 the FPS if I use Steam start .If I use the il2 exe found in Bin/Game I am just about back to what i had before the update.No matter what i do I'm having a minor setback in clarity with VR.

Steam problems are disappointing.The sim was running at its best before the newest updates in game, Steam & oh yes Nvidia Graphics card update.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Me too after the 3010b update

15 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

its deadlier than before previous patch.

DM is now good ( only VVS fighters can survive tremendous punishment (structurally) from my testing with Mg151)

Do you mean the 15mm variant? I'm not sure if it was always like this to be honest but I found the 15mm incredibly weak upon testing yesterday. 

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

1 hour ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Do you mean the 15mm variant? I'm not sure if it was always like this to be honest but I found the 15mm incredibly weak upon testing yesterday. 

20mm. Its not that hard to kill engine of spit or thunderbolt, but im probably unlucky in vvs planes. Their engines keep running and running .even sometimes with black smoke and because its harder to shot off wings, they keep flying.

The 151s and Hispannos seem nice and powerful to me, as do the 131s and M2 but that is my subjective take.

Hitting a 109 the other day looked just like gun-camera footage: it shuddered, started to stream liquid / smoke, some parts detached and then it started to slide and slowly roll with its nose dropping. Nothing dramatic, just the gentle fall of a complex a/c mortally wounded and a pilot losing control. Great job by the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

The 151s and Hispannos seem nice and powerful to me, as do the 131s and M2 but that is my subjective take.

Hitting a 109 the other day looked just like gun-camera footage: it shuddered, started to stream liquid / smoke, some parts detached and then it started to slide and slowly roll with its nose dropping. Nothing dramatic, just the gentle fall of a complex a/c mortally wounded and a pilot losing control. Great job by the team.

What about the MK108 though? 

• Sad 1