Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

I have noticed a bit more difficulty in spotting since contacts since the last update. I also have been getting some sound anomalies like no sound at times. Anyone else?? On the flip side I have had no difficulties getting in server (WOL) and no greyed out start button (WOOHOO!!!!). For the most part though the game looks great! Nice job devs!!

51 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Can you tell me when will the "cloud bug" be fixed? (It's really unpleasant not to see planes flying along a cloud.)

Its not a bug and it was explained many many times.

I noticed one more point because I am an online War friend.

You can see the number of players in the airfields of both numbers if you have not yet chosen a side.

I do not want to be able to see that.
This is tactically very important, as you can see in the concentration of the players, which goals are obvious.
Can the server admins disable these icons by the number of players?

Thank you

Edited by JG4_Widukind
  • Upvote 2

On 2/7/2019 at 1:00 PM, blitze said:

No but the 190 and the Spitfire do

Finding the new Stall modeling quite a handful on those planes, not tested others

Tried the 110 last night and with a bomb load it's a wild ride.

It's like the bombs are modelled on the wing tips....;)

16 hours ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

Thanks for the hard and relentless work guys!!😍

I also experience a more fluid gameplay in VR and more depth of colour and more sharpness. I doubt that this is a placebo effect. It defenitely looks way better then before the update!

Glad it's not just me then....🤙

1 hour ago, wellenbrecher said:

Haven't had that particular bug for over a year now. It fixed itself after a driver update.

Unless we're talking about different things. Issue being that planes go instantly invisible when they so much as touch a cloud, yeah?

In VR setting clouds to high quality helps with that.....works well for me!

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Gamecock said:

I have noticed a bit more difficulty in spotting since contacts since the last update. I also have been getting some sound anomalies like no sound at times. Anyone else?? On the flip side I have had no difficulties getting in server (WOL) and no greyed out start button (WOOHOO!!!!). For the most part though the game looks great! Nice job devs!!

I'm experiencing the same thing. Sound cuts in and out and acts strange. I also find it hard to spot enemies but this is mostly due to the stupid clouds, though it does seem to have gotten a bit harder since the update, could just be me though.

2 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Sound cuts in and out and acts strange

I have also had some sound bugs - seems like the 'layers' of sounds sometimes get confused.

Servers still overload with plenty of people - lags and information about eractic behaviour.   Also heavy action in small area casue stuttering :( .

Guys,

Report the bugs at its section, not here. This topic is not for that, even if its a new bug.

Haash

2 hours ago, 71st_AH_Gamecock said:

Yes online we noticed that spotting had got abit strange until really close too close .. lol ``this is from a commuinty that flys online every day . The image isnt as sharp on contacts maybe . ??

Thanks for update shall test .

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Like 1

To support a good gameplay for you during upcoming weekend - we have prepaired a new shor ot-fix update.

1. APHE rounds damage in case of rickochete and in case of caterpillar hit from ahead or from behind was fixed (previously it was possible to have damage inside armoured volume in these cases).

2. Fuel load % was restored in plane settings.

3. Scenery Campaigns interface was fixed.

4. Mission objects icons were enlarged and airfields names now have background for better reading.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 18
  • Upvote 7

20 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

The text chat layout is great! It's no longer using so much space.

Only thing is the objective icons on the map are incredibly small.

i second this, they are unfortunately nearly unreadable (also in VR) . That is teh only downside of this incredible update.

Oh thanks Han! Great to hear!

Edited by JimmySolarium

Great response to the requests from your customer, AAA rating for you guys!

I got just a new download now. A new Hotfix? However it reads 3.010b. Maybe the update was in two parts.

We had high frequency traders. Now we have high frequency updaters. I love it. Keep sending.

The dream is to come home from work every evening and boom you get a new update. That would be just marvelous.

Okay I was just dreaming. That would be hell for the devs and Jason. Can you just imagine, every day at 20:00 Jason sends a new DD.

Instead of watching the News on TV, we get the IL2 News from Jason.  😉

Wow. That was a quick fix guys! Kudos to the IL2 dev team, even better at listening to their community than Bohemia Interactive!

17 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

I got just a new download now. A new Hotfix? However it reads 3.010b. Maybe the update was in two parts.

We had high frequency traders. Now we have high frequency updaters. I love it. Keep sending.

The dream is to come home from work every evening and boom you get a new update. That would be just marvelous.

Okay I was just dreaming. That would be hell for the devs and Jason. Can you just imagine, every day at 20:00 Jason sends a new DD.

Instead of watching the News on TV, we get the IL2 News from Jason.  😉

Same here, another slightly smaller update. But no info?

Edit: Never mind it's couple posts above😀

Edited by Ouky1991

In general I like the new updates. especially the chat history.

Icon sizing is going to have different opinions  on what is correct (everyone has dif hardware and eyesight), so some option to adjust size would be useful.

I have large 32" 1440p and for me its fine mostly.

My suggestion for future update is :

1)add 2nd volume control for cockpit  so i can crank up sounds and get those great external immersive flyby sounds etc without having to keep adjusting internal cockpit volume every time I close cockpit. (external to internal volume differences would be great) . I love external sounds but some are just too quiet with flyable cockpit volume levels.

2)At some point adding the creaking sound effect to plane while flying as it comes under stress (like in cliffs of dover) would be a very cool immersive addition to the game.

1 hour ago, Han said:

To support a good gameplay for you during upcoming weekend - we have prepaired a new shor ot-fix update.

1. APHE rounds damage in case of rickochete and in case of caterpillar hit from ahead or from behind was fixed (previously it was possible to have damage inside armoured volume in these cases).

2. Fuel load % was restored in plane settings.

3. Scenery Campaigns interface was fixed.

4. Mission objects icons were enlarged and airfields names now have background for better reading.

You guys are rarity in game development.

Thank you and my deepest respect!

unfortunately the Icons on map are still to small, hard to identify, resolution of monitor is 2560 x 1080.

map 2560x1080.jpg

1 minute ago, Fritz_Faber said:

unfortunately the Icons on map are still to small, hard to identify, resolution of monitor is 2560 x 1080.

map 2560x1080.jpg

Like I said this varies by hardware and opinion, that looks fine to me.

• Upvote 1

Problem Since this new Hotfix markers (on the map) for allied and enemy planes and vehicules are back in expert mode...:nea::unsure:

Edited by Swing

Great job as always, Jason and Devs.   I hope one day soon to enjoy the fruits of your labor again....sadly my "real life" job has me working almost as hard as you guys.  Almost.  😁

Thank you for your continued effort to keep up to date the best Flight Simulator and to pay attention to your customers.
Worth every penny I pay for it

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Swing said:

Problem Since this new Hotfix markers (on the map) for allied and enemy planes and vehicules are back in expert mode...:nea::unsure:

I've tryed to confirm your report right now - but I see no planes icons on Wings of Liberty map.

2019_2_8__21_59_44.jpg

go to the Weekend now !

and thx!

7 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:
I noticed one more point because I am an online War friend.

You can see the number of players in the airfields of both numbers if you have not yet chosen a side.

I do not want to be able to see that.
This is tactically very important, as you can see in the concentration of the players, which goals are obvious.
Can the server admins disable these icons by the number of players?

Thank you

png1.png

50 minutes ago, Han said:

I've tryed to confirm your report right now - but I see no planes icons on Wings of Liberty map.

2019_2_8__21_59_44.jpg

It happens on some scripted campaigns and in quick mission mode Han ;)

Edited by Swing

So far, this last set of updates has been excellent! Though I did not like the super tiny objective icons, and the lack of a percentage value for fuel, these things have been quickly rectified. Amazing work team, thanks so much for listening to the player base and the unprecedented level of transparency. You guys rock!! :drinks::drink2:

1 hour ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

Like I said this varies by hardware and opinion, that looks fine to me.

When zooming in, the Icons getting smaller and smaller. As you said before, it would be nice to have an option to adjust size.

map2 2560x1080.jpg

I found this bug even after being kicked off the server because of timeout.(after the Hotfix)

pgn2.png

You can see how many players are on specific airfields before you choose side like on widukind screenshoot. 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:49 AM, RedKestrel said:

Had some issued with localized screen tearing post-patch. When moving my head from left to right, a small horizontal band (1 inch wide) on my monitor would tear or distort as I moved. I never noticed this pre-patch. It happens with the HUD overlay on or off. Turning on VSync corrected the issue, and had no performance bugs otherwise. Vsync says it has a performance cost to it but I didn't notice anything after using it ,everything is smooth, I just never had to use it before. Anyone else notice anything like this? 

Other than that small hiccup this update worked great for me. The DM tweaks have ironed out most ironed out issues of planes soaking up too much damage. The wing root fix mentioned now seems to make it more likely to dewing enemy aircraft again with 20mm. My first encounter I rolled in on two 109s, set one on fire with a good burst into the engine, barrel rolled onto the tail of another and tore his wing off with a long burst from close range (had to dodge the wing as it flew back. Its a nice middle ground between pre-3.008 and post 3.008. The UI operates very smoothly, much less delay on opening maps etc., and a small issue I'd been having with the career maps showing old missions has disappeared. I think also damage to aircraft now slows them down quite a bit more as I was able to catch some 109s easier after a few hits last night, but that might just be a placebo effect.

Yes, I have the screen tearing as well.

On 5 February 2019 at 10:11 PM, blitze said:

In return to base mode, AI are like target drones.  Best as flight leader to tell AI when a mission is completed to "Do Like Me" from the commands list.  Then after you have returned to base and established it is clear, give the RTB order.

High speed stalling is noticeable.  In 190 and Spit, sure others but those were my tests so far.

Engines die very easy from a ping by MG's be it from behind or in front or AA MG.  Got to be very careful.

VR is a mix, initially I thought slower but now not so sure, maybe faster but there seems more definition at the same settings than before.  All I know is that I love flying it.  The Menus in game are quite large, easier to read but spaced all over the shop, I wonder if that is monitor resolution dependent like in Assetto Corsa....

At least at the render res I run, map bearings are readable - to be more so when I get my eGPU case.  Got the card to throw into it..

Anyway, just have a career as a flight leader or not worry about RTB state of your flight and enjoy the rest of the career aspect.  It is so much fun.

Thanks for the update gang .👍

Totally agree on stall in 190 . And engine fragile . But for me this patch is far better for multiplayer . Just needs a few tweaks , engine damage and fuel leaks . 

1 hour ago, DaveP63 said:

Yes, I have the screen tearing as well.

Did you try turning on v sync? Did that help? Basicallysolved the issue as far as I can tell

• Like 1

The last 2 updates are 11/10 in my opinion! Thank you for your hard work guys!

Noticed that since the latest patch, that kill messages after destroying ground targets are not shown anymore.

• Like 2

LOVE the update 😄

By the way, it says in your diary that there will be new content coming up in a few weeks, What are they? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Edited by -379th-Altawi
forgot to add "weeks" after "a few"

11 minutes ago, -379th-Altawi said:

LOVE the update 😄

By the way, it says in your diary that there will be new content coming up in a few weeks, What are they? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

My guess is the 262 and D9.

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

My guess is the 262 and D9.

That would be great! i wonder how the 262 will work!

Hopefully they add the Mustang as well.

Good morning to all pilots.
Why in the update 3.010 are no longer shown targets shot down instantly? Is there a reason? I ask the developers
Thanks Antonio
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, -379th-Altawi said:

That would be great! i wonder how the 262 will work!

Hopefully they add the Mustang as well.

Wont see the Mustang for a few more months iirc.