Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

Friends, we are aware of Tiger troubles, to be fixed tomorrow. Also, many positive changes are coming in GUI. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Diggun said:

Just wanted to say that I'm having a blast with this new patch. The performance improvements even on my very modest rig are considerable. Great work guys! 

improvements of what? VR? or FPS? or CPU load? Because I dont see any improvements in the career. Its still slowfest

11 hours ago, =AVG77=Garven said:

I restarted my router, cleared out my multiplayer dogfight folder, did a disk cleanup, and restarted my computer.  So far things have been smooth since.  Fingers crossed.

One of the things that I decided would be a good thing to do was allow the Startup.cfg to rebuild itself.  Comparing the old startup.cfg and the new one that gets generated shows that there are several previously user-configurable legacy parameters in the old one that are either no longer there, or else, can no longer be changed by the user from within the GUI, because I guess the developers desire their chosen values to be the optimal defaults.  These include things like sound quality and client upload/download traffic limits, among other things, which you used to be able to change (and are definitely different values than what I had them at when they were user-configurable parameters).  So having allowed that to regenerate, we'll see later on today in multiplayer if that does anything to help the jitters, or if not, hopefully the last several sessions of MP have just been a fluke, because there is little else to be done on my end.  I also have fingers crossed.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SShrike said:

Go into settings, camera, there should be sliders there and there is one called inertia. Rotation inertia and movement inertia. Adjust those. 

IMG_0557.JPG

So If I put those to 0 the effect should dissapear?

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

improvements of what? VR? or FPS? or CPU load? Because I dont see any improvements in the career. Its still slowfest

UI responsiveness is better and lags way less

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

FPS? or CPU load?

+ huge stutter improvements + hugely faster loading times... 

22 hours ago, SPEEDWULF77 said:

VR hud scaling NOT good for me  :( ...  everything too big... and can`t make it smaller , only "Auto" and 100"  ... both too big .. :(

looks like" lower resolution screen"  on my Rift CV1 ?.

--and got more jiddering when moving head.. set down Steam vR resolution from 200 to 150..

...sorry to say that..

..  I love your game and admire your work ..

VR

I7 oc5GHz GTX 1080 ti

2500h VR IL2 jonkie

;)

Everything running now ! :)     ...  dont know..??  could not play yesterday,got sick.. restarted all several times and steam vr .. no change ...stucking..then even mouse problems .. just started PC today (without updating nothing )again on Berloga (like yestarday) and all  good or even better than usual   90most at middleFight 50 at Res180 SteamVR  . ... 25 p :)

p.s.

sorry again for my impatient, next time  i will just take a Flight Free Day ...my maschine (PC) maybe just needs 24h to eeat Updates.. ;) 

Screenshot 06-02-2019 20.51.43.png

Thanks for the update

4 hours ago, SShrike said:

Go into settings, camera, there should be sliders there and there is one called inertia. Rotation inertia and movement inertia. Adjust those. 

IMG_0557.JPG

I put exactly the same settings and the problem is still visible, maybe we arent going understanding each other about my complain...

9 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

I put exactly the same settings and the problem is still visible, maybe we arent going understanding each other about my complain...

Those are not my settings or anything recommmended. It is just a shot to show the menu and the sliders I meant. Set them to zero and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Diggun said:

+ huge stutter improvements + hugely faster loading times... 

Ok, thanks

4 hours ago, Han said:

Friends, we are aware of Tiger troubles, to be fixed tomorrow. Also, many positive changes are coming in GUI. 

Wow the GUI is already looking pretty darn sweet in VR.

So nice to see you guys continuing with the improvements for it.

4 hours ago, Han said:

Tiger troubles??? Vos ist los der tiger troubles???

• Haha 1

P-47 no longer falls outta the sky on tight banking  turns...and that is a very good thing!!!🤣

9 hours ago, pilotpierre said:

Tiger troubles??? Vos ist los der tiger troubles???

Maybe Ze Tiger ist like Ze Tommykooker mit ein hit?  ;)

• Haha 1

Two Days ago i was with the first Shot hitted from an T34 in Front of a Distance about 800m. Tiger destroyed, Komandant killt!!!!!!

They said that the new damage model for tanks will be ready in summer. Dont take current dmg model seriosly. You can destroy tanks with frontal shot into tracks.

Really happy with the GUI performance, that had just started really bugging right before you guys fixed it. 

12 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Set all inertia values to 0% on the right portion of the panel (pan mode) - this should cure your problem. I'm a TrackIR user too and this

helped a lot. No issues since then.

1 hour ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Two Days ago i was with the first Shot hitted from an T34 in Front of a Distance about 800m. Tiger destroyed, Komandant killt!!!!!!

Tiger Tiger, burning bright, 
In the forests of the night; 
What immortal hand or eye, 
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Can someone tell me why the bk 3.7 (ju87) does so little damage against tanks?  for me the ju 87 with the bk 3,7 is useless

Edited by III./ZG1_Radick

1 hour ago, Elem said:
Tiger Tiger, burning bright, 
In the forests of the night; 
What immortal hand or eye, 
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

When the devs released the tanks,

With [edited] all giving thanks,

Did they smile their work to see?

Did they who made the Yak make thee?

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Do not use those terms.

12 hours ago, Blitzen said:

P-47 no longer falls outta the sky on tight banking  turns...and that is a very good thing!!!🤣

No but the 190 and the Spitfire do

Finding the new Stall modeling quite a handful on those planes, not tested others

29 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

When the devs released the tanks,

With [edited] all giving thanks,

Did they smile their work to see?

Did they who made the Yak make thee?

You've got too much time on your hands! Good though.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

53 minutes ago, blitze said:

No but the 190 and the Spitfire do

Finding the new Stall modeling quite a handful on those planes, not tested others

The 109 F low speed stall is there but easy to ride.  The Mig 3 - she is so lovely to fly (guilty pleasure).  VR landscape with buildings etc = lovelier than ever.  Must go to bed - must .......😴

Flew finally for the first time since the patch last night. The damage model felt spot on and I was blown away by how VR seems to have gotten clearer and the spotting a bit better. The larger GUI was a very nice addition as well. No more squinting to read tiny text. All I ask for now is to build higher strength zoom into the game for VR and to allow single screen view instead of double view on the monitor when playing in VR. Thank you Devs!

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Upvote 3

Sounds like the DM and cruise speeds are good improvements. But I don't think any of the things that really make this a poor single player experience for me are ever going to get addressed...Ces't la vie...I at least had my time and moneys' worth in MP.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

to allow single screen view instead of double view on the monitor when playing in VR.

Yeah, that would be nice when other people are around.

1 hour ago, 4driano said:

Yeah, that would be nice when other people are around.

Im pretty sure that's a SteamVR setting, not an IL2 setting.

22 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Im pretty sure that's a SteamVR setting, not an IL2 setting.

No its the way the game natively displays. You can mirror the display as a single display in steam VR but then you lose control of the game if it is the active window. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Improving of menu visibility in vr for me is good enough to add Bom premium + 3 collector planes 😁

• Like 1

Feedback on new mini update:

-Objective markers/icons (ships, vehicles, artilery...etc) still miniature and barely visible in VR.

Also adding outer circle  in higher transparency on objective icons would help to see it better.

-bigger fuel bar in customization menu is perfect regarding size but there is no percentage indication anymore.

Thank you!

Interface responsiveness is now so fast I end up with hiccups.

Thanks, Team! 😀

3.010: i barly can hear the radio... it is all engine sound.WAY to loud now. I own a Senheiser PC363D and i tested 7.1 5.1 and 4 channels to no avail. Last 3.009 was fine

3.010b same... radio is somewhere there but cant realy hear it. I can't hear the beep and the voices since the update... just way to faint

Edited by Euto

Update 3.010 brought many significant GUI changes, so now we're releasing the small update containing quick fixes:

1. Full-screen map position won't be reset after using the bombsight;
2. Text chat layout has been improved;
3. In-game chat shows previous messages when the Enter key is pressed;
4. Full-screen map transparency can be adjusted in the game options;
5. Airfield symbols in multiplayer have been updated;
6. Airfield symbols in multiplayer have additional elements showing the enemy threat level near it;
7. Threat level and amount of active players won't be shown for enemy airfields;
8. Multiplayer statistics screen is only updated when it is opened;
9. Multiplayer statistics screen sorts the players basing on the number of points by default;
10. Multiplayer statistics screen remembers the selected sorting criteria;
11. Secondary targets information on the multiplayer statistics screen has been repositioned  ;
12. Servers protected by password and/or servers with a bad connection can be hidden in the servers list;
13. Frontline with the color specified as 255,255,255 will be displayed with correct colors like (0,0,10) since many created missions and campaigns rely on that;
14. Mission target markers have been adjusted for a clearer look while zoomed in;
15. Fuel and convergence sliders were made longer for easier use;
16. Mapping delete function in the game settings has been restored;
17. Ground object markers on the map have been made smaller;
18. Engine sound positioning has been improved;
19. Radio messages are made clearer;
20. Incorrect damage calculation has been fixed (a ricochet from a front lower hull of a tank could kill a driver or a radioman);
21. A random bug that could kill the Tiger tank crew after any hit has been fixed;
22. KV-1s and Т-34-76 aiming sights won't flicker;
23. I-16 aiming sight has been improved like on other aircraft;
24. Example multiplayer missions Cooperative_Complex_Example and Dogfight_Complex_Example show how different symbols or lines on the map can be created;

25. Stutters in firing from plane turrets and tank machineguns were fixed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 19
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Han said:

4. Full-screen map transparency can be adjusted in the game options;

Woot!!!