Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

1 hour ago, =RvE=Windmills said:

Anyone able to test how the P47 stall characteristics have changed?

I'm curious about this as well. Previously the P-47 was way too easy to stall (especially accelerated stall), hopefully this has been improved.

The stall seems pretty severe in game compared to what I've read and pilot accounts. Haven't had a chance to test the update so not sure if it has improved.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Confused 1

After this update, the game won't launch (trying in VR). Loading screen comes up, then closes after 2-3 seconds. Tried to verify steam integrity of files, didn't help.

• Like 1

The most visible change for me in VR was the bigger font, which I like... Except on the map: I think airfield labels are too big there.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Milopapa said:

After this update, the game won't launch (trying in VR). Loading screen comes up, then closes after 2-3 seconds. Tried to verify steam integrity of files, didn't help.

Try this - delete all files from updates folder (in main folder of the game). Run launcher and update again. Have fun.

14. Soldiers walking on airfields can be killed now;

wow! Please add those soldiers (and more) to Tank Crew :dance:

• Like 1

Great Job Guys. Here's to the release of BOB...Bring on the Mustang, I need to tame that wild horse....

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Thanks for this surprise! I have much better framerates in VR! However in VR I have a small issue, the left wing seems to be Closer to the Ground than the right wing, especially in the U-2. Otherwhise, the new GUI enhancements for VR are just GREAT!

Thx

S! VLADI

I believe it's important that we do not see how many enemies there are on the bases.
I liked a lot of the modifications but this, in my opinion was not accurate.

There was an issue on WoL just now where almost all players got disconnected twice within a few minutes. This happened after this mission has been running for 2 hours without issues.

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Yes this update isn't about clouds.

Jason

But I like my clouds

😁

I love flying and fighting in and around clouds.

On the update, downloading it now and looking forward to seeing how it is in game.  Now that I have a little time to enjoy getting shot down again.  Thank you guys. 👍

• Haha 1

Somehow my frame rate is worse after this patch instead of improved like I was hoping for.

Same problem here like Milopapa, I can´t find an update folder in main folder of the game.

30 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

I believe it's important that we do not see how many enemies there are on the bases.
I liked a lot of the modifications but this, in my opinion was not accurate.

You could also see this information before the update if you hovered cursor over the enemy bases. It's only changed to show it without having to hover over base icon

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 334th_KMA said:

You could also see this information before the update if you hovered cursor over the enemy bases. It's only changed to show it without having to hover over base icon

Before update we see it just with one, two or three points.
Anyway, I would like that this had not been implemented.

It's nice to see that the mirror water bug is fixed. The P-39L sight got reverted to the earlier version with square corners for some reason, thought. Neither the '0.30"s remove' mod removes all guns handles on the floor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

I'm curious about this as well. Previously the P-47 was way too easy to stall (especially accelerated stall), hopefully this has been improved.

The stall seems pretty severe in game compared to what I've read and pilot accounts. Haven't had a chance to test the update so not sure if it has improved.

Jumped into a quick battle with a P-47 at 35% fuel load and no mods. Was able to turn inside a 109-G14 without too much difficulty, and maintain 250mph in that turn at combat power (52" @2700). Also allowed a brief glimpse of the DM changes; a put a bunch of .50s into the 109's stbd wing and aside from major fuel leaks it seemed to still be perfectly controllable. That was until he tried to go vertical, and as the wing loading increased it tore free and he proceeded to lawn dart into the ground. 

The aircraft feels better overall, I suspect because the accelerated stalls aren't so vicious and give rather more warning, a faint shudder followed by a tendency to drop the nose, mostly with the wings remaining level (unless at high power or if you make the mistake of firewalling the throttle for more lift). This is much more in line with what I've heard about the real aircraft, as well as the obvious increase in the '47's ability to go vertical safely.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 334th_KMA said:

Exactly- don’t know why those individuals are complaining about this. It was the same, you could always see this information.

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ehret said:

The P-39L sight got reverted to the earlier version with square corners for some reason, though. Neither the '0.30"s remove' mod removes all guns handles on the floor.

The "square" gunsight appears to be more common, from the wartime photos I've seen. 

6 minutes ago, crigby46 said:

Jumped into a quick battle with a P-47 at 35% fuel load and no mods. Was able to turn inside a 109-G14 without too much difficulty, and maintain 250mph in that turn at combat power (52" @2700). Also allowed a brief glimpse of the DM changes; a put a bunch of .50s into the 109's stbd wing and aside from major fuel leaks it seemed to still be perfectly controllable. That was until he tried to go vertical, and as the wing loading increased it tore free and he proceeded to lawn dart into the ground. 

The aircraft feels better overall, I suspect because the accelerated stalls aren't so vicious and give rather more warning, a faint shudder followed by a tendency to drop the nose, mostly with the wings remaining level (unless at high power or if you make the mistake of firewalling the throttle for more lift). This is much more in line with what I've heard about the real aircraft, as well as the obvious increase in the '47's ability to go vertical safely.

After some quick testing low speed stalls feel unchanged and I'm still able to prop hang at 50 mph with flaps down.

High speed stalls feel much worse (at least at high altitude) The P-47 can barely maneuver above 25 k ft and the 109 was able to stick with me in every way. I also tested the 109 and I was able to maneuver much easier at those altitudes and was able to run the P-47 down rather easily. (was in a G-14)

All reports I've read state the P-47 was quite maneuverable at high altitudes (and speed) compared to other aircraft, I don't get this impression in-game and the Jug feels like a pig up high and high speed stalls very easily.

I'll need to fly some more but so far the high speed/high alt maneuverability still feels lacking. 109 is better up high from my limited testing.

Flying against a human would probably give me more accurate results.

Lot's of fixes - thx! One bug quite distracting for bomber pilots, in my case Pe-2: switching from bomb-sight to map-view will reset the center and the choosen sector of the map. So one has to re-center and enlarge the map every use. :russian_ru:

Edited by 216th_Retnek

Just played a test career mission... couple notes:

1. Awesome, you can join the Night Witches!

2. UI is much improved, especially in VR -- the 2d screen mirrors at 640x480 so it's really nice to have the big fonts in VR.

3. UI performance is HUGELY improved, really impressed here -- thanks guys!

What a nasty little bastard that U-2 is with rockets. :cool:

You can yutz up behind a Panzer at the speed of a brisk walk and administer a rocket right up its keester at snowball throwing range.

Delightful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 2

I've got the same problem as Milopapa - the game won't launch.  After 2 - 3 seconds after the loading screen comes up it freezes.  I've tested the integrity of the files with Steam and they are apparently OK.  Grateful for any ideas.

Mike

38 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

What a nasty little bastard that U-2 is with rockets. :cool:

You can yutz up behind a Panzer at the speed of a brisk walk and administer a rocket right up its keester at snowball throwing range.

Delightful!

Phrasing !!!!111 

• Haha 1

yeah nice nice but why...
(and if this is the case, Can we please get German Rockets on 110 all variants)

Would really love to see where it says that u-2vs could carry all those rockets?
only info i can find says it carried No rockets.
No modification is listed with rockets.

• Like 1

Career mode with a Ryzen 5 2600 overclocked to 3.8ghz and a GTX 1080 went from around 40 fps almost constant 60 fps at 4k. Thank you

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

After some quick testing low speed stalls feel unchanged and I'm still able to prop hang at 50 mph with flaps down.

High speed stalls feel much worse (at least at high altitude) The P-47 can barely maneuver above 25 k ft and the 109 was able to stick with me in every way. I also tested the 109 and I was able to maneuver much easier at those altitudes and was able to run the P-47 down rather easily. (was in a G-14)

All reports I've read state the P-47 was quite maneuverable at high altitudes (and speed) compared to other aircraft, I don't get this impression in-game and the Jug feels like a pig up high and high speed stalls very easily.

I'll need to fly some more but so far the high speed/high alt maneuverability still feels lacking. 109 is better up high from my limited testing.

Has the elevator authority at 375mph+ improved at all?

Edited by Rattlesnake

19 minutes ago, Rattlesnake said:

Has the elevator authority at 375mph+ improved at all?

Nope, not that I can tell. Still pretty stiff and not very maneuverable. Stalls like crazy at high alt imo, even in gentle turns. I need to fly it more though so don't take my word for it. 

I appreciate the improvements to VR.

However, the game has crashed the last two times in Quick Mission single plane (Bf110E2) low level bombing and strafing.

2 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

yeah nice nice but why...
(and if this is the case, Can we please get German Rockets on 110 all variants)

Would really love to see where it says that u-2vs could carry all those rockets?
only info i can find says it carried No rockets.
No modification is listed with rockets.

Yes, because Wikipedia is always 100% accurate:

https://hangar47.com/polikarpov-po-2/

00ed419757d5bb5e608d646c15c90ce9.jpg

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Also new splash screens, at least one with the P47!

Some feedback based on a very quick session:

• Shoutout to ICDP for the fantastic 4K skins! The P-47 does not deserve any less.
  • The menus are much more fluid and the in-game map is a lot snappier and there is no lag.
  • The menu layout and map icons are a step in the right direction but definitely need some tweaking/polishing.
    • Menus need to be arranged a little more intuitively, use more available space (e.g. fuel selection bar is too small).
  • The old red/blue frontline markings (positions type 0) on the SP missions are now black/white, so heads up to mission makers.
  • Unfortunately fix #33 does not address the formations when the user is the leader in SP, the planes still seem to lag behind. This is one of the small things that make the SP experience a lot better, flying in tight formations without depending on MP. I hope it can be improved one day.

There are plenty of things in the change log I havent been able to check out yet, but looks like a great update! 

Seems like Tank Crew development is contributing into the main game (ballistics/penetration improvements, possible infantry(?), destructible buildings with planes. This is all great news even for those pilots that are not interested in tanks.

Great job dev team, these changes are appreciated as much as new content (planes/maps).

-JM

• Upvote 4

VR seems much better now. It looks like the depth is more realistic. Maybe due to the frame rate improvement.
My eyesight certainly did not get better but I feel like I can see better now.
Did someone else have this perception?

7 hours ago, Fercyful said:

wow! Please add those soldiers (and more) to Tank Crew :dance:

Yes! This change sounds very promising when thinking about Tank Crew.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Nope, not that I can tell. Still pretty stiff and not very maneuverable. Stalls like crazy at high alt imo, even in gentle turns. I need to fly it more though so don't take my word for it. 

Guess I will continue catching up on my reading and dabbling in other games then. Here’s hoping for next update.

7 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Haven't been using flaps, but there does seem to be a wicked accelerated stall around 200mph. Have been trying to do a loop at various altitudes and speeds, and am finding if you're not over the top by the time the airspeed hit 200mph IAS, it's going to spin hard. Flipping through the P-47N manual, it states that the entry condition for the loop is 350mph, with a 150mph over the top speed. I'm assuming those are indicated airspeed, so thinking loops are not achievable above 15,000 ft or so, and need to start with a dive.

I'm going to have to get some structured practice in, but right now, as it is now, there just don't seem to be any energy maneuvers that work. Just fast, straight shallow dives.

Also, has anyone else had the landing gear not retract after takeoff? First flight I did was from the runway, and for whatever reason, the main gear just would not retract. The flight characteristics seemed normal, so I'm wondering if it was a visual glitch. Air-starts, the gear worked, and haven't' tried another ground start yet.

Lastly, did the WEP timer change? Had the engine seize after 5 minutes on water injection. First time I've had that happen in the plane. I'll need to specifically test that a few times to see if it wasn't just a fluke or the oil cooler vents popping closed. It was a quick dogfight mission, and I've noticed sometimes my initial control settings don't take until I've radically changed them a couple of times, but it happened very close to the ground, so didn't get much time to check what had happened beyond the engine cutting out

Edited by Voyager