Han

Game version 3.010 discussion: Important improvements

Tank Crew
21. The bug that caused the crew of a tank to die when a nearby tree was hit by a shell has been fixed;
22. The velocity spread of the various tank cannon projectiles decreased;
23. The angle spread of the various tank cannons increased;
24. Excessive projectile ricochet probabilities have been toned down;
25. Missing armor parts in the rear of Tiger and KV-1s turrets have been repaired (physical model);
26. Tiger gun mantlet sides have been corrected;
27. Armor values for the coaxial MG and gunner gunsight on a Tiger tank were swapped (this is corrected now);

When are you guys going to fix the absurd T34 resistance? The current state of the DM permits T34s to take several hits from 100-200m without critical damage. At these distances, a T34 should not survive a single hit from a 88mm APHE shell of a Tiger.

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

When are you guys going to fix the absurd T34 resistance? The current state of the DM permits T34s to take several hits from 100-200m without critical damage. At these distances, a T34 should not survive a single hit from a 88mm APHE shell of a Tiger.

60° slope of upper-bow qrmour plate make significant possibility of ricochet.

Anyway, look for change list - it was reduced in 3.010c. Still possible sometimes, but not so often.

• Upvote 4

"Soviet ground trial testing conducted in May 1943 determined that the 8.8 cm KwK 36 gun could pierce the T-34-76 frontal beam nose of 140 mm thickness from 1500 m, and the front hull from 1500 m. A hit to the driver's hatch would force it to collapse inward and break apart. According to the WaPrüf, the Soviet T-34-85's upper glacis and turret front armour would be defeated between 100 and 1,400 m (0.062 and 0.870 mi)"

D9w1bLE.png

At 100 to 200m the slope will never be able to deflect a 88mm AP round that is just incorrect.

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

At 100 to 200m the slope will never be able to deflect a 88mm AP round that is just incorrect.

I see no any proofs from you. Yes, in most cases it will penetrate successfuly. It is in game from 3.010c.

Salutations fellow tankers,

TC is definitely a work in progress. I trust the developers to make it better and better as time passes. I'm sure they are learning things along the way.

The future of TC is bright. :coffee:

• Upvote 2

thanks for the hotfix. Is there a chance to look into track review bug? its extremely annoying. Please!

I read that 88 round penetrate T34 front armour and went off on the other side.

The difference between 88 round and 45mm armour plate was so big, that maybe if the T34 was on the higher ground it may survive the hit.

Also I have never saw picture of glancing hit on the T34 front slope armour. But maybe you have better info.

5 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Ricochet is not so univocal thing. Once again - in most cases it will penetrate. And I see no ricochete statistics on your link.

Would 152 penetrate "Lada"? Yes. Is there any possibility of ricochete in case of narrow angle of hit? Surprisingly - yes.

So please, if you have any statistics of ricochete of 88mm against 60° sloped 45mm armour - wellcome for discussion.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

That video u posted was not ricochet, that was a round that grazed the roof of the car. Have that round shoot the door of that car and see if it will ricochet as you say. You can see that because the front part of the round never makes contact with the car

Edited by SCG_Riksen

Thank you very much for the new update! Has the issue of MP players getting frequent disconnects been looked at ? I don't have this problem myself, asking for some friends who are experiencing it. 

Anyways, I appreciate the hard work and the update and hope you guys can look at the DM for TC further.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, No_85_Gramps said:

Thank you very much for the new update! Has the issue of MP players getting frequent disconnects been looked at ? I don't have this problem myself, asking for some friends who are experiencing it. 

One of our group has been suffering badly with this, I do hope it's fixed because it clearly isn't his local setup.

6 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Kill messages for ground targets are shown for both teams! 
Thought I report it here

Rather than here?

Thanks for this hotfix!! Tiger bug (can be destroyed by one HE shell) seems to be fixed now. This is a big step towards a more realistic gameplay.

Thank you team from a pilot and tiger crew man!

Edited by Fisheye
  • Upvote 1

Wow, thanks guys!

Cannot comment on the TC issue, but beware reporting bias on tanks surviving shells - many tankers at Kursk never survived to submit their findings back to higher authority...

• Upvote 1

I think this dev team must have surpassed any other for DD’s, Updates and Hotfixes. 👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2019 at 11:15 PM, Blitzen said:

I get about 1/2 the FPS if I use Steam start .If I use the il2 exe found in Bin/Game I am just about back to what i had before the update.No matter what i do I'm having a minor setback in clarity with VR.

Steam problems are disappointing.The sim was running at its best before the newest updates in game, Steam & oh yes Nvidia Graphics card update.....

I can say the same... after playing and testing many hours and after having first bigger stutter issues, that got solved afterwards, finally i have to say for the fluid VR curving in Mountains near Ground, Valleys, Clouds it needs more CPU than before Update... 

Edited by SPEEDWULF77

On 2/6/2019 at 9:58 PM, SPEEDWULF77 said:

Everything running now ! :)     ...  dont know..??  could not play yesterday,got sick.. restarted all several times and steam vr .. no change ...stucking..then even mouse problems .. just started PC today (without updating nothing )again on Berloga (like yestarday) and all  good or even better than usual   90most at middleFight 50 at Res180 SteamVR  . ... 25 p :)

p.s.

sorry again for my impatient, next time  i will just take a Flight Free Day ...my maschine (PC) maybe just needs 24h to eeat Updates.. ;) 

Screenshot 06-02-2019 20.51.43.png

Well, after testing several days now i can say, it seems that VR is brighter and feels smoother, better fps in many situations... BUT... 

Near Ground or in Mountains where the "ground" is permanantly near you  the performance specially concerning STUTTER  got worse. My Cpu  seems to get cooked more than before update. Specially with clouds. 

I had to switch down, shadows, gras to have about 80 % of fluid grafic gameplay curving around the hills. 

(I7 oc to 5ghz GTX 1080ti 

Sttings "High", ss int SteamVR at 180) 

FPS up all around....something clicked in the past 48 hours and now up to where they were ...maybe even a little better.So all good now FPS-wise.Absolute clarity in VR-still working on it.

Thanks for last MP changes in GUI and map icons they look better then before and give neccesary info.

Also it looks like outdated messages is mutch smaller, i could see it yesterday in 2h only on two occasion and no more then 4-5s, on mission that had planty of them before, also playing vs or with players with higher pings i didnt noticed problems with warping all looked like greatly improved from before. good job.

Only thing i notice wrong or not working as before is i can see in chat when enemy player destroy any ground unit, before we could not see that, so now then its pointles to have info with 3-5min delay saying what objective enemy attacked as you can see exactly from chat what enemy is attacking in real time.

Also with all this nice gui changes is it poible to just include gun accuracy after finished quick mission, in that mission resoult screan where you see what you destroyed.

For some reason I can't seem to map the increase/decrease prop RPM (for Pe-21st s35) switches to my HOTAS and have it actually work in game, anyone else get this? Existing keyboard default still functions OK.

1 hour ago, [CPT]Pike*HarryM said:

For some reason I can't seem to map the increase/decrease prop RPM (for Pe-21st s35) switches to my HOTAS and have it actually work in game, anyone else get this? Existing keyboard default still functions OK.

On the 35's you can't do it, has to be done via keyboard.

2 hours ago, [CPT]Pike*HarryM said:

You CAN do it. But it CAN NOT be an axis. You need a button for prop pitch UP, and another for prop pitch DOWN.

I my particular case I use the same button for ENGINE 1 prop pitch up, and ENGINE 2 prop pitch up. So 1 button has two functions.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, =FEW=fernando11 said:

You CAN do it. But it CAN NOT be an axis. You need a button for prop pitch UP, and another for prop pitch DOWN.

I my particular case I use the same button for ENGINE 1 prop pitch up, and ENGINE 2 prop pitch up. So 1 button has two functions.

I stand corrected, hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

I know it is a button/toggle, not axis, I couldn't get the bind to work with a switch, it used to though.

• Like 1

I want that Lada with a 75 on it, Lol.

Other question: is there possibility of the tank crew to bail out, abandon a damaged/burning vehicle?

Very interesting progress. Well done.

Regards

5 hours ago, 216th_Peterla said:

Other question: is there possibility of the tank crew to bail out, abandon a damaged/burning vehicle?

Very interesting progress. Well done.

Regards

Fingers crossed for this

• Upvote 1

Better Graphic, Better Spotting, Better Performance!!!!!

AWESOME!!!

On 2/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, No_85_Gramps said:

I stand corrected, hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Just to come back to this, My hotas is already mapped to use Prop pitch up and prop pitch down, it works flawlessly on the series 87 but flying the 35 last night i couldn't get it to work for love nor money.

have you had any luck?

thanks