Sign in to follow this  
J3Hetzer

Desktop mirror.

Can we PLEASE have the single image back on the desktop, instead of the split-image we have now? It's impossible to get decent footage for youtube right now. I've tried using the oculus mirror.exe but it has to be made too small and put in the corner of the desktop because the il2 split-image has to be clicked in with the mouse cursor to get mouse commands to work in its menus, which means the mirror-exe can't be the last thing that was moved around the desk top. Clicking the il2 screen to activate it also makes it sit on top of the mirror-exe window (hence having to have it off in the corner).

I shadow-played the desktop anyway and cropped the mirror-exe bit in my video editor but it looks crap on account of it having to be so small a window.

TIA for any consideration given to this. :)

• Upvote 2

Yes, I second this. My son loves to watch me play but it would be much better if he didn't have to watched a doubled mirrored view :)

• Upvote 1

yeah, it is a nuisance.  The only way to get a clear single screen output is via a 2nd monitor. I.e. get a screen mirror enabled in SteamVR, it creates a single image (behind the double screens), then drag it to the 2nd monitor.

• Upvote 1

Yep, this is definitely an option but then you are running two screens and a headset which adds slightly to the processing demands. And it means my big 40inch 4k that is my main monitor isn't being put to good use :( ... but does work as a stopgap.... actually I wonder if there is a screen emulator you could install to make the pc think your main screen is somewhere else and then use a single screen as a 'second monitor'

19 hours ago, moosya said:

yeah, it is a nuisance.  The only way to get a clear single screen output is via a 2nd monitor. I.e. get a screen mirror enabled in SteamVR, it creates a single image (behind the double screens), then drag it to the 2nd monitor.

Edited by SCG_Wulfe

3 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Yep, this is definitely an option but then you are running two screens and a headset which adds slightly to the processing demands. And it means my big 40inch 4k that is my main monitor isn't being put to good use :( ... but does work as a stopgap.

frankly, i don't think it's going to add too much, it's the same stream that gets off-loaded to a separate port processing chip, i.e. there isn't much calculation going on...

Just now, moosya said:

frankly, i don't think it's going to add too much, it's the same stream that gets off-loaded to a separate port processing chip, i.e. there isn't much calculation going on...

Fair enough, definitely an option... I wonder if I could use this software to pull it off on a single screen with just a sliver or something at the top or bottom to access the primary screen. 

http://www.splitview.com/SplitView-Personal-Edition

7 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Fair enough, definitely an option... I wonder if I could use this software to pull it off on a single screen with just a sliver or something at the top or bottom to access the primary screen. 

http://www.splitview.com/SplitView-Personal-Edition

maybe it'll work, I looked at the admin guide and it just lists couple of .dll's for the install, i.e. it may be uses some sort of windows display API, rather than creating some abstract video driver bridge... :)   It'll be an interesting experiment, so do tell us how it goes down! 😄   there's a 30 day trial on the soft it seems..

Lol, $40. And no way to know how shadowplay would react to it.

IL2 is the only VR app I've used thus far that displays a twin image on the desktop so I have to assume it's a bug. Wish they'd fix it.

2 hours ago, Uffz-Prien said:

Lol, $40. And no way to know how shadowplay would react to it.

IL2 is the only VR app I've used thus far that displays a twin image on the desktop so I have to assume it's a bug. Wish they'd fix it.

It used to only display one, the left eye like other games do.

Fairly early on after an update it started showing both, not sure why they chose to do this.

• Upvote 2

i'd like to have a fix for this too, because I cant plug 3 monitors in my current setup (1 flat monitor + HMD), and it makes it a nuisance for my girlfriend to try and watch when I want to include her in the action

I'd like to have a single view for the game window too. I wasn't playing BoX when it was a single view before, but have no idea why that would be changed? It serves no purpose. You may as well display a blank black screen since the game window is useless for spectators and useless for video capture.

To those wanting to get game footage, can't you use OBS? It allows you to specifically choose the window to capture footage from, even if the window is in the background or minimised. You should be able to choose the Oculus/SteamVR mirror as the video input, shouldn't you? Also, with a downloaded addon, you also have the option of capturing the video directly from your VR headset, on either eye. I use OBS for streaming my racing sims in VR.