Sign in to follow this  
=FEW=Hauggy

"Multiplayer erratic behavior" 24/7

Sooooooooooo Im still wondering if this laggy mess of a game is going to be playable someday or its just going to be a constant stream of content with more or less refinement and testing level?

It's been litteraly months now that the game is near unplayable when a multiplayer fills up beyond 40-50 players...

Maybe it's time to communicate more on the matter instead of brushing criticism off as if we are just acting like entitled childrens asking for something unreasonable?

I don't want to bring up the paying customer part you know but the facts are there, the online experience has significantly worsened and I'm seriously starting to believe that nobody cares along with a bunch of other people who used to be fans of the franchise and start having a bitter taste in their mouth.

Also what the hell is this? Collateral damage from last damage model changes?

On the bright side the damage model is much better but generally its near unplayable and awful.

.Steam_2019-02-03_11-28-26.png.51662e1ca8d683da7cbbb6cdc91bbf97.png

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Maybe it's time to communicate more on the matter instead of brushing criticism off as if we are just acting like entitled childrens asking for something unreasonable?

I'm with you - oops, this might be brushed off again...

• Thanks 1

While I agree that the manner in which the question gets asked can leave a lot to be desired on the politeness front, it's still a question that really needs addressing in a meaningful fashion. If someone (Jason?) could be so kind as to address the following points, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it:

1. Are you aware of the extent of the problems with netcode that currently plague MP servers?

2. Do you have at least a rough idea of what needs to be done to fix these problems?

3. Do you have the resources to fix them?

4. Are you planning to address these issues any time in the foreseeable future? (IE this year) 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Sooooooooooo Im still wondering if this laggy mess of a game is going to be playable someday or its just going to be a constant stream of content with more or less refinement and testing level?

It's been litteraly months now that the game is near unplayable when a multiplayer fills up beyond 40-50 players...

I don't want to bring up the paying customer part you know but the facts are there, the online experience has significantly worsened and I'm seriously starting to believe that nobody cares along with a bunch of other people who used to be fans of the franchise and start having a bitter taste in their mouth.

Also what the hell is this? Collateral damage from last damage model changes?

On the bright side the damage model is much better but generally its near unplayable and awful.

.Steam_2019-02-03_11-28-26.png.51662e1ca8d683da7cbbb6cdc91bbf97.png

regarding MP delays recent post from Han, it should be fixed in next game update:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/8209-214-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=669053

google translate:

By distracting from the approved development plan for existing developers. 

When for serious problems it is possible, by a long collection of statistics and analysis, to find out the cause of their occurrence, or because of luck or accumulation of a critical mass of information, it is possible to begin to reproduce it on bench conditions - we usually push everything away and fix it. All extreme edits on the network and the DM took place in this way. 

That is, by known problems, the cause of which is not immediately clear, there is a constant tracking of incoming information about stmptomatics and playback conditions. Due to delays - at first we assumed exactly where they might occur, added a message to this place. At the expense of the message, we were able to confirm the hypothesis, as well as collect statistics on the conditions under which this occurs. Based on these statistics, a number of assumptions about possible causes were made. A code-review of these sites was conducted (this is the code of RoFa, 2008) and in its process they found the probable cause. On the only test case that could be reproduced on the stand, the problem disappeared. Now the question remains whether this change will correct the remaining manifestations of these delays. This we will know immediately after the release of 3.010.

For arch-delays: one of the reasons we have established and corrected, in 3.010 there will be this change. But if this was the only reason, only practice can show; the problem was very complex in terms of conditions of occurrence. 

• Thanks 5

9 hours ago, 4./JG26_LuftAsher said:

While I agree that the manner in which the question gets asked can leave a lot to be desired on the politeness front

Hi mate,

I really don't want to get off topic or derail this one - I agree on a certain point about politeness here on this forum and generally in social media.

But honestly I don't think the OP was especially rude with his post. Of course there was some kind of frustration here, which I do understand and

empathize with - still he wasn't especially rude if you ask me. Forgive us as English is not our native tongue, but I always try to do my very best

expressing myself in the best way I can and of course being polite - something I very often miss from them (producer, especially fanboys from

over the great pond).

And the serious lack of information and communication (apart from the official DD) is also a kind of lack of politeness, isn't it? If I compare the

interaction between the users and creators on the Russian forum, I think we have a serious communication issue here, sorry.

I wish you a very good day and all the best to all.

Cheerio

• Like 1

We are indeed left in the dark for the most part while the Russian forums get a special treatment so to say, I do know the Devs don't always have time or have a terrible English level (excuses, excuses) but a lot of us would appreciate the effort a lot, I don't think some of us should have to google translate posts around to have the simple answer to our concerns after months of silence.

Is it too much asking to have a bit more info about the trouble we are getting with a product we paid for, I believe this is really basic customer service, I do understand it can be nerve racking for some individuals to do this kind of work, but this should never be our concern and if someone is pissed with the community he should take a vacation or change for another job.

I'm not trying to be rude or impolite (I find it a lot more impolite to be ignored rather than being honest) but rather brutally honest, sorry not sorry but that's who I am.

English is not my mother tongue but I do my best.

I have to thank Countzero for bringing the answer nobody from the company would bring to us even if it's barely understandable. 

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

34 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I don't think some of us should have to google translate posts around to have the simple answer to our concerns after months of silence.

Honestly, I do much prefer to check the Russian forum since CountZero gave us the hint yesterday - well, not very comfy with Google, but -

and this is most important to me - as a customer/user I get more detailed information from first hand and even with this bumpy translation

I can understand, what's in the pipeline.

Et puisqu'on y est - j'en ai un peu marre de l'arrogance des Amerlos - bam!

• Upvote 1

With new uptades still eratic behaviour on high player servers ( WOL) with lags and stutters.  Patch doesn;t help here.

Also some stutters with heavy actions ( shotings, aaa actions etc). 

On 2/4/2019 at 1:39 AM, 4./JG26_LuftAsher said:

While I agree that the manner in which the question gets asked can leave a lot to be desired on the politeness front, it's still a question that really needs addressing in a meaningful fashion. If someone (Jason?) could be so kind as to address the following points, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it:

1. Are you aware of the extent of the problems with netcode that currently plague MP servers?

See response from Jason in another thread. It looks like he has generally no idea as to how unstable and laggy the multiplayer is. 😶

15 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

With our Air Marshall system coming I want to make sure our MP is working well. I have not played much MP since I moved this past summer, but now I can re-focus some of my energy on testing MP. Thanks to Gambit, Req and Vander for helping me. I also had group of guys on TS last night help me test this as well. Thanks everyone! 

Jason

Edited by Leifr
  • Confused 1

Well I have to say it has massively improved since the update but there is indeed still some room for improvement and lag is not entirely gone.

The game is so unstable that I strictly avoid servers that are

a) very populated, and

b) feature more realistic war scenarios where I'd have to fly some 80km to reach the frontline just to be hit by the sound bug, loose connection to the master server or to one of my 4 game controllers. So since I got the game around two years ago I'm limited to QMB-like online scenarios à la EU official.

Still a thing as of 09.04.2019...

How is it even possible to loose a packet for over 8 minutes, are you using some LIFO sheduling like popping a stack?20190409230426_1.thumb.jpg.5097d37b4f0d1a02a1cfef5af1509131.jpg

Posted (edited)

I find it truly odd how in flight sims people expect laser like netcode when server distances are literally thousands of miles. There's a reason most big game companies have servers for each continent. Most of the popular servers are based in eastern europe, if I played any other game on servers that far away I'd have an absolutely terrible experience. The fact that this game is even playable with such matters is inconceivable. What's even more abhorrent is that people expect it to work like the server is in their neighbors house.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Nobody is speaking latency, its simply required to have the hit detection working reliable and if we get planes warping fixed we're good. 

And that is also a bit on the server admin finding working server configs... networking is also a bit of a compromise between smoothness(tickrate/datarate/packetsizes) and maximium possible serverload.

Hence i dont understand your argument, the issue has largely been fixed and warping planes ... are a bit on what servers config on kick parameters. 

Having packets being lost for multiple minutes seems more architectural than anything to me.

Edited by =FEW=N3croo
nicer phrasing, dont want to offend

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

Nobody is speaking latency, its simply required to have the hit detection working reliable and if we get planes warping fixed we're good. 

And that is also a bit on the server admin finding working server configs... networking is also a bit of a compromise between smoothness(tickrate/datarate/packetsizes) and maximium possible serverload.

Hence i dont understand your argument, the issue has largely been fixed and warping planes ... are a bit on what servers config on kick parameters. 

Having packets being lost for multiple minutes seems more architectural than anything to me.

My argument is no other genre of games expect perfect netcode over such great distances. This is the ONLY game in which I've seen people expect this. If you live in south america, and are connected on a russian based server, here you expect no problems.

The netcode can only do so much. The ping limits on wings and every other server almost are already far too high, anything over 150 should be kicked. Again no other games expect their netcode to handle such great distances.

Edited by JonRedcorn