Rangoon

Is the cockpit clickable in VR?

Whenever I watch the automated startup process, I wonder if there is a way for me to do all of that manually. But I don't see a way to click on anything. Is clicking possible? Or if not, is everything necessary to start an aircraft manually in the control bindings?

one of the most usefull features of flying in a virtual cockpit still missing in VR. You can see every leaver, button and wheel  in the cockpit, but still have to figgle blindly with preassigned buttons on your joystick / keyboard or use voice attack. maybe devs can implement it one day, it would be more than welcome.

1 hour ago, ironk79 said:

one of the most usefull features of flying in a virtual cockpit still missing in VR. You can see every leaver, button and wheel  in the cockpit, but still have to figgle blindly with preassigned buttons on your joystick / keyboard or use voice attack. maybe devs can implement it one day, it would be more than welcome.

It's no secret that Jason has stated it will never happen.

thats unfortunate to say at least. i rather had this implemented (in this flight sim), than tanks

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Many people would rather have tanks than clickpits though - at the end of the day it's a business decision by the developers and the producers as to where the money is best spent, and they've decided that it's not on clickpits. They do occasionally change their minds (think Ju-52), but not that often.

Would you rather pay twice as much for Planes and wait Twice as long? Thanks can be sold, Klickpits can't.

2 hours ago, ironk79 said:

thats unfortunate to say at least. i rather had this implemented (in this flight sim), than tanks

Sounds like you are not the target audience then.

Indeed, last time i checked i bought IL2, not T34

The thing is, when you buy something, you get the product as it is sold, not as you would like it to be.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rangoon said:

is everything necessary to start an aircraft manually in the control bindings?

The entire startup process is you pressing one button, and then the ghosts of fallen pilots will perform the entire procedure for you.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

The thing is, when you buy something, you get the product as it is sold, not as you would like it to be.

Well, if you care for your customers and want their money in the future, it is adviseable to listen to their needs and wishes. The Devs did this over the years, IL2 got constant improvement, new emelemts etc. making it basically a completly different game than the one from 2014.

I dont ask the devs to create a fancy farming simulator, but to improve their existing product, to make it the best WW2 (VR) flight sim out there.

30 minutes ago, ironk79 said:

Well, if you care for your customers and want their money in the future, it is adviseable to listen to their needs and wishes. The Devs did this over the years, IL2 got constant improvement, new emelemts etc. making it basically a completly different game than the one from 2014.

I dont ask the devs to create a fancy farming simulator, but to improve their existing product, to make it the best WW2 (VR) flight sim out there.

It is wise to listen to future customers wishes. The decision as to whether it is advisable to try to meet any particular one is however a commercial one. Clickpits have been discussed many times on this forum, and while it is apparent that a proportion of those commenting would like to see them, for many others it isn't a priority. 

As for 'farming simulators', I'd avoid giving the developers ideas. They might well decide that farm sim fans would make for a less demanding community. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironk79 said:

Indeed, last time i checked i bought IL2, not T34

Easy solution: Don't buy Tank Crew if you don't want tanks.

48 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Easy solution: Don't buy Tank Crew if you don't want tanks.

Stop making sense. You confuse them! 🧐

• Haha 1

Now you guys know this was a very simple question with a very simple answer right?

;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, [GG]Sarpalaxan said:

Would you rather pay twice as much for Planes and wait Twice as long? Thanks can be sold, Klickpits can't.

Not twice as much... try 10x as much. For the price of an entire game here (BoS or BoM) you would get a single click pit plane. It would also take as long to develop one plane as it does to make an entire threater game here, about 2 years per plane. It’s not just the switches moving, you then have to create the systems for each. 

So it’s been stated repeatedly by the devs that there will not be click pit aircraft here. 

8DFA9A76-6B64-4C13-BBCA-261734FB3973.gif

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ironk79 said:

Simple question: does IL2 have click pits.  Simple answer no.  Everything beyond that is a business decision by all concerned. 

Do I buy IL2 without a click pit?  Most of us say yes but that is up to the individual. 

Does the existence of Tanks prevent you from having click pits?  Probably not.  Developers are not that interchangeable.

Is the development of Tanks costing you any money?  No, unless you bought the game.

Is IL2 a failure because of lack of click pits?  I and many others think not.  Others may think it is.  Both opinions are valid.

As a VR user I would love to see click pits as well, but apparently the time to develop and potential return on investment is not there.  Shrug.

So, back to the OP: unfortunately, no.  

• Upvote 3

I am ok with no click pits , and as a VR user I mapped everything to a HOTAS, and still pretty immersive, what I would like to see is more axes allowed to trim of other aircraft, we only have it for the 109,  but none of the russian planes or american ones, and most used a wheel to trim.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing that @dburne suggested is a voice command system like voice attack.  What I did was keep my engine management controls attached to my throttle but I map view commands and any wingman commands to voice attack - map, attack ground targets, external view, enemy view, etc.

The only time I enjoy going through a start up sequence is doing it in an actual airplane. And it is not because hitting switches is inherently enjoyable, it is because it is simply what has to be done if I want to fly. The fun part is in the air managing the plane and getting it to do what you want it to by controlling the attitude of the plane and the engine. That part, the fun part, is where this sim shines. It is way better than Xplane 11 in that regard. I can actually get a feel for what my angle of attack is and how is affecting my plane way better than I do in Xplane.

Clickable cockpits in flight simulator games like this are mandatory to have. I hate having to assign keyboard commands to do such simple things like leaning the mixture. For example if you fly the Cessna 172 on a simulator without a clickable cockpit, then when you fly a Cessna 172 in real life, you probably have no idea how the start up procedure works. All flight simulators are toys, but a game without clickable cockpits is more of a toy than one with clickable cockpits. VR is cool, but flying with VR is practically like a blind person flying because you have to feel everything on the controller/joystick.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Clickable cockpits in flight simulator games like this are mandatory to have.

Well, BoS has done quite well without them.

• Upvote 3

No clickpits is why BoX will always be my #2 sim. 1 button and go is really quite un-sim-like...

The UI also kills it for me. You can basically fly any plane without having any idea of how the instruents work. In my view, Cliffs had the best way of doing it. A nice compromise between the two. BoX is gone full-gamey.

Edited by ACG_Woop
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi all,

Has been discuted to death. Use search fuction to look for what the devs had say in the past about it.

Not in the plans.

Locked.

Haash

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2