Jump to content
GCF

Friday Flyin on the Volunteer Fighter Group {Old Geezers} Server

Recommended Posts

Well  it's not like the planes fly as they do in ROF, as far as I'm concerned. So if you don't like the present flight models, this is not a return of the past, but rather a different variant of the future... there's still a path to tread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OG_FC said:

With the update and the change of the flight models it is just not enjoyable for me to fly any more.

 

Beyond technical issues, what exactly are you not finding enjoyable anymore about the flight models?

 

I would hate to see the community lose one of the good guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, OG_FC said:

The server is just another one in the List of Issues I have talked with 1C about. With the update and the change of the flight models it is just not enjoyable for me to fly any more. I hope in the future updates they will fix what ever the issue is but I guess I have just given up any hope.. Blue Skies..

What do mean by that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

What do mean by that? 

The latest update supposedly fixed flight model glitches and brought them in line with ROF's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

The latest update supposedly fixed flight model glitches and brought them in line with ROF's.

 

The 'prop fix' got me a bit wary. Might be it as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

 

The 'prop fix' got me a bit wary. Might be it as well.

Yeah, but the weird thing is the ROF flight models don't behave like in ROF. Maybe this is perfectly natural, if more variables are taken into account in IL2 than ROF, but is still unexpected. In the end it's by the end result we should judge if things are right or wrong. They can't both be right, ROF and this FC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

Yeah, but the weird thing is the ROF flight models don't behave like in ROF. Maybe this is perfectly natural, if more variables are taken into account in IL2 than ROF, but is still unexpected. In the end it's by the end result we should judge if things are right or wrong. They can't both be right, ROF and this FC.

 

The problem is, we don't know what happened with these fixes, then we might fell a placebo effect, or not. I'm still not sure if the prop fix changed the feel of flight, but knowing that we are flying the same ROF models makes me get a 'meh' effect, since everyone was praising so much the change in atmosphere density in BOX. Some of the planes were stellar here. Regarding flight models, we still have to confirm that the Pfalzicopter is back. I personally think they are more dangerous than the Albie, them I tend to think we got her back. But I never flew the Pfalz and I'm new to the Camel. But I'll do some climbing tests with her when I can to see if it matches the store numbers. Then we can probably say that she was rolled back (they would obviously not waste time to make another flight model just for her). 

 

But since OG never flew in ROF, I'm not really sure where lays the gripe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't like the flight model anymore , I am limited to just the camel because the sensitivity of the German planes is to great, after about 2 months of testing I finally got it set at least I could fly the D7, Then they change the Flight Model.  Now with server Issues it is just to much to deal with... By the way I did fly ROF with the Black Haze SQ, when ROF was very new, at least with ROF we had the tools to set your curves and dead zones, they imported the flight model but no way to set it correctly as in ROF...   

I wish all you guys the best I have enjoyed very much flying with or against you This is a great community of people. I hope the dev's fix everything and the community  continues to grow.

I am fighting Lung Cancer and I just can't spend time doing something I do not enjoy,  with me time is of the Greatest Importance.  Blue Skies /   I will be making mission and sending then to GCF & Dark Owl so hopefully those who enjoyed flying them will still do so..  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OG_FC said:

I just don't like the flight model anymore , I am limited to just the camel because the sensitivity of the German planes is to great, after about 2 months of testing I finally got it set at least I could fly the D7, Then they change the Flight Model.  Now with server Issues it is just to much to deal with... By the way I did fly ROF with the Black Haze SQ, when ROF was very new, at least with ROF we had the tools to set your curves and dead zones, they imported the flight model but no way to set it correctly as in ROF...   

I wish all you guys the best I have enjoyed very much flying with or against you This is a great community of people. I hope the dev's fix everything and the community  continues to grow.

I am fighting Lung Cancer and I just can't spend time doing something I do not enjoy,  with me time is of the Greatest Importance.  Blue Skies /   I will be making mission and sending then to GCF & Dark Owl so hopefully those who enjoyed flying them will still do so..  

 

Godspeed in your battle, it was fun to fly on your server indeed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep positive, OG. My Mother is a cancer survivor too. Hoping to see you back soon on an improved game for us to have fun in.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the luck in the world to you OG.

Forgetting about hosting a server, hope to see you back in the skies on somebody else's sometime.

You have a great simming heritage as an ex-BH !

 

Take care,

ZF.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Forget about hosting and clean the house ))) trouble is never in short supply anyway.
The while “Summer” is on hand so enjoy nature and the family to its full extend!
Enjoy my friend, all the best;
 
Edited by West
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good to see the server up, I enjoyed flying with you tonight again :fly:

and hope to see the new missions!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is harder to walk away from than I thought, Thanks to all of you, 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying Circus Flyin Furballs server is up, all welcome

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all for flying last night, Salute All !

 A very big thank you to OG_FC for the use of his mission, hope you can find enjoyment again in FC, but more importantly is that you have fun and enjoy yourself mate, in what ever you do or  decide. You would be sorely missed in the FC community.

Flying Circus Flyin Furballs Server will be up about an 1h30 before event start on Sunday, all are welcome.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

 

I am a newcomer to FC in MP and very much enjoyed flying (SE5a) with you last night :) I mostly fly WW2 as a squad member, but intend to try and get a regular FC fly out on a Friday evening when I can.

 

Can't fly FC on Sunday, as that is my squad night and they are all WW2 orientated at the moment.

 

Very much looking forward to the full release of FC and the historical map.

 

I will see if I can get any of my squad mates to join me with you all on Friday evenings, especially as our virtual squad has factual history in relation to WW1.

 

Thanks for a fun time last night :)

 

P.S.  I am hard core VR (Pimax 5k+) with no on-screen information at all, which means no chat box either, so apologies if anyone tried to chat to me last night via the chat box, because I don't get any messages.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

 

I will see if I can get any of my squad mates to join me with you all on Friday evenings, especially as our virtual squad has factual history in relation to WW1.

 

Thanks for a fun time last night :)

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

 

Salute, 56th! from Jasta Boelcke! See you in the skies!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

I will see if I can get any of my squad mates to join me with you all on Friday evenings, especially as our virtual squad has factual history in relation to WW1.

 

Indeed! 56 RFC was legendary!

Edited by US103_Larner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, US103_Larner said:

 

Indeed! 56 RFC was legendary!

I can't promise to live up to that, LOL.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...