GCF

Friday Flyin on the Volunteer Fighter Group {Old Geezers} Server

Friday Flyin on the Flying Circus Flugpark Server

The Friday, weekly, Flying Circus, Flyin.

When : Friday, the 31th May 2019

Time :  19:00 to 00:00  Greenwich Mean Time             

Where : Flying Circus Flugpark , all missions made and provided by OG_FC.

Type : 5 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Flyin.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

A very big thank you to both OG_FC, for providing, the very interesting, enjoyable missions and  Darkowl for providing the server for the Friday Flyin. Salute Sir's ! Thanks you !

Thanks again

S!

paul  

• Like 2

Nice flying with you guys today OBS is working thx to GCF's help and flying skills are getting better thx to all of you for the practice and encouragement i hope you enjoy the video of today's pratice. Fly safe!

• Like 2

*** please U2VS Custom skins are used tonight can you download and put the U2VS skins in your skin floder and enable skins in game !!!! ******

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11w89d6DzaJ5S66-yeHkzzqh5E2wJ0f9X?usp=sharing

Mission Briefing 31/05/2019

Friday Flyin on the Flying Circus Flugpark Server

Welcome to Old Geezers Friday Night Fights Brought to you by GCF, missions by OG_FC and server provided by Darkowl. No Team Killing, No Warning you will be Kicked!!

Three, 90 minute missions

Mission : Flyboys

Map :  Kuban  

AIR Start  2500m .French Alps  Each side has an Airstart & RTB Base. Flying time to & From Ground Start about 10min.

To Target.  0700 Hrs. Wind 090@ 8kl/m @ take off. Clouds Scattered And Broken above 1800M.                                                                                                                                               

Imperial German Army Offencive Operation Boot In the Arse. Right Flank Manuver..French Alps. 09/17 / 1917.

Nice Airfield Foot Hills of the French Alps Gentelman we have captured the city of Nice and the surrounding area's our supply line is dependent on movement thru the Mountain Valleys.{Special Note heavy activity around Hill 103 Be Alert} We are tasked with Armed recon Flights to protect those assets in the Valleys. Good luck !

Merseille Airfield (French: Armée de l'Air Française) [arme de le Air], literally Army of the Air) /Royal Flying Corps & 94th Persuit Squardron.

Recon the Area Marked on your Battle Map Special ATTN: Hill 103 seems to be very Active Keep youe eyes Open

When : Friday, the 31th May 2019

Where : Flying Circus Flugpark , all missions made and provided by OG_FC.

A very big thank you to both OG_FC, for providing, the very interesting, enjoyable missions and  Darkowl for providing the server for the Friday Flyin. Salute Sir's ! Thanks you !

The Battle for the Volga Map Stalingrad 13:30

1330hours 06/15/1917 Stalingrad Russia Wind Light 180@4KL/m @ Take off.  Broken & Scattered above 1000m.         

Allied Briefing Stalingrad is under constant Bombardment from German Artillery They have control of Half of the City  The Task may be Daunting But we will rise above...
Axis Briefing : We have Pushed Ivan back from the Great Plains across the Valleys and Now we stand on theBanks of the Volga. Lets Take the rest of the City and maybe we go Home.

The Battle of Saint-Mihiel  

Map Prokhorovka

The Battle of Saint-Mihiel was a major World War I battle fought from 12–15 September 1918, involving the American Expeditionary Forces and 110,000 French troops under the command of General John J. Pershing of the United States against German positions. The U.S. Army Air Service played a significant role in this action. This battle marked the first use of the terms "D-Day" and "H-Hour" by the Americans.                                                                              

1630hrs Wind Light@ 090 @4KL/m @ Takeoff Cloud Broken and Scattered above 1600m.  

Axis Briefing : Saint-Mihiel Field Gentelman the Americans under Gen.Pershing & 110,00 French are comming We must Hold Our ground Get your Planes up and do the Deal ASAP.               

Allied Briefing Ailly-Sur-Meuse Field, Gen Persahing has Issued an order that Saint Mihiel must be taken before sunrise tommorrow You Know what to Do.. Good Luck to All.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable night !! Have fun and good luck all !!

Salute

paul

• Like 2

Good Flying Last Night on the Flugpark Server Thanks Darkowl Had a Blast.

• Thanks 2

Agree with OG_FC. 

It was fun. Especially seing the two Camels chasing me collied in their eager to shoot me down 😂

• Like 2

Thank you to all those in the air last night, it was a blast, great fun from start to finish.

Massive thank you to OG_FC, for providing the new interesting missions, and Darkowl for providing the sever for last night event.

A lot of new faces last night, welcome to Flying Cirus Furballs. 

Hope everybody had fun !!

Thanks again for taking part.

S!

paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When : Friday, the 7th June 2019

Where : Volunteer Fighter Group {Old Geezers} Server, all missions by OG_FC.

A special thanks OG_FC, for the Fresh, interesting, enjoyable missions and for Hosting the server for the Friday Flyin. Salute Sir ! Thanks you !

• Like 2

Mission Briefing For Friday Night Bought to you by OG_FC

Welcome to Friday Night Fights Brought to you by GCF Mission By OG_FC. No Team Killing No Warning You will be Kicked!!

Since spotting has become a hot issue these days These maps were all built on Autum Maps it does allow for easier spotting from Altitude..

Mission 1 Map Stalingrad Autumn 06:30 hrs.

Stalingrad Russia 06:30 Hours wind Light 090@5kl/m @ Takeoff Broken & Scattered above 2400M. Chance of Precip 50%.

Operation Across the Volga

Allies Stalingrad central Airfield  Commrades The Hun is right across the Volga why they Halted there Advance is Unknown We must take full oppertunity to use this time to destroy them and Save Stalingrad. They  are encamped around Beketovka and flying out of our former Airfield @ Stalingrad West. Draw them up and wipe them from the Sky. 

Axis  Stalingrad West Airfield We have been ordered to Halt our Offencive to wait on resupply from the west. We have an oppertunity to hurt the Allies and destroy there Air Power so we must not halt our Air offencive We will fly Patrol along the Volga the Russian Powers are flying just across the way out of Stalingrad Central Airfield Draw them up and Shoot them Down.

Mission 2 Moscow Autum 13:30 Hrs, OG Dark Skies 4/12/1915.  

Moscow Russia 013:30 hours Cloud cover heavy broken and Scattered above 1600m. Chance of precip 50% Wind Gusty @ 320 @ 7KL/m @ Takeoff.

Sit Rep Moscow is on the Verge of Falling to the Germans they cut our supply lines in several places we have only what we have left in the city to defend ourselves The Skies are as Dark as they have ever been.

Allied Moscow North Field  we our in a Grave Situation we must defend the City at all Costs Mother Russia is Counting on you to do your Best.

Axis Phily Field The Sun is Rising on a new Day winter has been harsh and the spring Air is warm the smell of Rain is in the Air. Hindenburg Sends his congrats on a Job well done our Winter Offencive has been a great Triumph. We must now Finish Ivan and Take Moscow. Berlin is counting on her Sons..  Good Luck to All.

Mission 3 Map Lapino Small Dogfight Map

OG Close encounters 4  Lapino Map 10/8/1915 1730 Hours . The Great Plains of Russia wind 090@ 4KL/m @ takeoff.                                                                                                              

Simple Takeoff from your airbase find your oppenent and shoot them Down Good Luck to All!!!

Have fun All !!!

• Like 1

Had a blast Thanks to All for Flying on Old Geezers Lots of Good Pilots Thank You All again!! Blue Skies OG_FC

Mission results map 1.jpg

Mission results 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for a fun evening and night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your Welcome!!  Blue Skies

When : Friday, the 14th June 2019

A special thanks OG_FC, for the Fresh, interesting, enjoyable missions and for Hosting the server for the Friday Flyin. Salute Sir ! Thanks you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will be Interesting with the new Plane set Looking forward to it..  Blue Skies

• Like 1

Good Evening All ! Hope everyone is having a good Friday.

Friday Flyin Starts in 50 min but sever is up now, all welcome !

Have fun and enjoy !

Sorry all server problem loading up my server Flying Circus Flyin Furballs in 10 min.

server up and running

• Upvote 1

Thanks for hosting at first, GCF, and thanks for having me OG!

I apologise for any kind of unsportsmanlike behaviour, it was all in the name of science (nah, I'm just a git).

Your always welcome to fly on Old Geezers/ last night was lets say untypical my server has had issues since the last update, Thanks to Paul (GCF) for trying to save the event with his server. Thanks to everyone who flew on either server Hopefully Next week things will be sorted out.. Blue Skies..

• Thanks 1

Just found this server in the last 2 days and having a blast.. apart from the spawn killing last night.

The missions are well set up and it’s not a long slog to get into the action.  Plus the people in the server have been polite and friendly for the most part.

Is the Friday flights on every week?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sometimes it's impossible for me to join Old geezers server...:(...when i click on "join the server" the download window appear...and nothing...Any idea ?:scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by Swing

Hi Swing

It can take what feels like quite a while (especially Prok map) to load, I thought about pressing escape just as it loaded 1st time I tried this server, so I suggest you click on 'join the server' and go make a cup of coffee, it is worth it 😉

Daedallus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When : Tonight Friday, the 21th June 2019

Mission Briefings.

Welcome to Friday Night Fights  Brought to you By GCF, Missions By OG_FC.

Please note ! No Team Killing No Warning You will be Kicked!! NO Vulching Static aircraft parked around the fields are targets, Human Planes perked at the end of the runway Are NOT!! Everyone should have the oppertunity to fly a Fair Fight.                                                                         .

Mission 1 Operation Across the Volga

Stalingrad Russia 06:30 Hours wind Light 090@5kl/m @ Takeoff Broken & Scattered above 2400M. Chance of Precip 50%.

Allies Stalingrad central Airfield  

Commrades The Hun is right across the Volga why they Halted there Advance is Unknown We must take full oppertunity to use this time to destroy them and Save                           Stalingrad. They  are encamped around Beketovka and flying out of our former Airfield @ Stalingrad West. Draw them up and wipe them from the Sky.

Axis Stalingrad West Airfield We have been ordered to Halt our Offencive to wait on resupply from the west. We have an oppertunity to hurt the Allies and destroy there Air                     Power so we must not halt our Air offencive We will fly Patrol along the Volga the Russian Powers are flying just across the way out of Stalingrad Central Airfield Draw                     them up and Shoot them Down.    

Mission 2 :  2nd Battle of the Marne  

Map : Moscow 08/09/1918 09:30 am

The Second Battle of the Marne (French: Seconde Bataille de la Marne) (15 July – 6 August 1918) was the last major German offensive on the Western Front during the First World War. The attack failed when an Allied counterattack, supported by several hundred tanks, overwhelmed the Germans on their right flank, inflicting severe casualties. The German defeat marked the start of the relentless Allied advance which culminated in the Armistice with Germany about 100 days later.
 Both sides have a airstart and a rtb airbase.

09:30pm wind light @030 For 5kl/m @ Takeoff. Partly cloudy Skies.  Situation The Germans have Bulged the Line 22nm wide from Chateau Thierry to Colonas thet have captured many valuable resourses including the R/R and equipment and are moving supplies all along the front. Allied Forces Must stop the trains and Germans must protect Them.  

Allied St. Michel 92nd FS & Royal Flying Corp ,Our Objective is two pronged Destroy the Epenary Rail Bridge & Drain the German Fighter Protection just west of the Bridge. The               Germans are well supplied and dug in all along the front. All U2v's human or AI fly for the Allies.

Axis : We must spread our fighter protection to cover the Epenary Rail Bridge as well as the R/R Line itself. The Allies will targeting the Bridge lets be prepared. Wipe the skies               of there Fighters.

Mission 3    

Map : 15:30pm Novosokolniki 12/23/1917         

The Great Frozen Plains of Russia 11/23/1917 15:30 PM wind light 130 @ 3KL/m @ Takeoff. Clouds Broken & Scattered above 1900m. Good Luck to All!!                                       Allied Burtsevo Airfield Commrades we have been Issued the Newest Fastest Plane of the War so Far The Se5A It is by far in the hands of the right Pilot the Most Dangerous                 Aircaft devoleped Yet.  Get it in the Air and give the enemy Hell...                                          

Axis Ramenys Airfield We have been sent the New Albatros D5 but beware the Allied forces have introduced a New aircraft also The SE5a top speed unkown at this time but               it is susposed to be very fast. Beware Achtung Se5a. Good Luck  

Have fun all, sorry for late post been run off my feet lately. Salute all !!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

•  
On 6/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, 19RAF_scram77 said:

Just found this server in the last 2 days and having a blast.. apart from the spawn killing last night.

The missions are well set up and it’s not a long slog to get into the action.  Plus the people in the server have been polite and friendly for the most part.

Is the Friday flights on every week?

hi glad you enjoyed the event, except the Vulching, thank you for flying, this is a regular event, it is every friday at same time as is the sunday event which is run using OG_FC's missions, OG_FC has very kindly allowed me to use his missions for the sunday event until i get some time to figure out haw the editor works correctly. so much to do so little time 🙂 but not complaining rather having great fun. These ww1 planes in vr it is out of this world !!! and in a ww1 cockpit , good bye reality 🙂

• Like 1

Tonight started out with a Bang Lots of excellent Pilots Great Flying  Thanks to all of you for Flying On Old Geezers ~ S  Blue Skies

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2019.06.21 - 16.26.15.75.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you all for flying last night, great to see all the planes in the air at once, hope every one had a good night and enjoyed the Flyin.

A big thanks also to OG_FC for providing the server and the time spent in making new , interesting mission, for the Friday Flyin. Also thank you for allowing me to use your missions for the Sunday Furballs, on my server. S! Sir

Thanks again all !! Salute !!

paul

• Like 2

Since the last update My server has developed Issues, mainly crashing every day.. If I host the Flyin tomorrow I will make sure both GCF & Darkowl have the same maps ready in case.  Once it starts crashing then it continues, so if it goes down during the event I am done for the Night.   Blue Skies  OG_FC

Server ran great tonight all most as good as all the very good Pilots that were flying. Thanks to all for flying on Old Geezers ~S Blue Skies

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2019.06.28 - 17.09.23.53.jpg

Posted (edited)

@OG_FC and @GCF

Could you add the setting in your server that you must land the plane to finish mission with a 5 second time delay? It's a bit silly otherwise, you can just jump out of a dogfight or crashing plane unscathed. I only found out about this rather late, though I was wondering why indeed everyone seemed to make it back in one piece. :D

Other than that, fun missions!

Edited by J5_Hellbender
  • Thanks 1

I parachuted a couple times yesterday and crash landed and a shot down was awarded to the opposition. Is that it?

I wish the stats could be more sophisticated, because sometimes you just want to land on your side and the plane breaks its prop or something and someone gets a kill because he had put a couple bullets on you at some point. 

To award a kill, I think it has to seize the engine or run out of gas on air. I think the silliest of them all is when you bring the plane home (in some maps it takes forever), it prop prongs for some reason and you still awards a kill. ROF is king on this regard.

8 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

I parachuted a couple times yesterday and crash landed and a shot down was awarded to the opposition. Is that it?

That’s how I found out about it too. I rammed a Camel twice (more or less intentionally with a Pfalz), jumped and the kill was immediately awarded to the opposition — understandably since jumping means conceding defeat — however the pilot in the stricken Camel didn’t die. In fact, he never even hit the ground. It’s only then that I found out that you don’t need to land or bail to finish mission, which completely defeats the point of trying to stay alive in a dogfight.

I can confirm that this is not the case on the J5 server, however you can bail out of Entente planes and still survive without a parachute, provided you don’t hit the ground within 5 seconds.

37 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender said:

however you can bail out of Entente planes and still survive without a parachute, provided you don’t hit the ground within 5 seconds.

I had no idea (haha!).

But are you saying that I can end the mission in midair by clicking on "end mission"? I imagined you had to disco.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, J5_Hellbender said:

I can confirm that this is not the case on the J5 server, however you can bail out of Entente planes and still survive without a parachute, provided you don’t hit the ground within 5 seconds.

So boils down to server settings while no way in BOX/FC to consult those on entry.
No longer need to give in to the Dark Force in order to get a parachute while beating the dangling-could-go-both-ways part? )))
So next time on a server remember the frist mission end count down time;

Edited by West
extending comment

Thanks to All for flying   Tonight scores  ~S Blue Skies

july5 1.jpg

july 5 2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yep that was so great ;)...thanks to all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I just seen this Post I will fix that so the finish Mission if landed will be in the Settings. I thought it was checked My Bad. Thanks for pointing That Out.. Blue Skies 

On 6/29/2019 at 6:34 PM, J5_Hellbender said:

@OG_FC and @GCF

Could you add the setting in your server that you must land the plane to finish mission with a 5 second time delay? It's a bit silly otherwise, you can just jump out of a dogfight or crashing plane unscathed. I only found out about this rather late, though I was wondering why indeed everyone seemed to make it back in one piece. 😄

Other than that, fun missions!

• Thanks 1

I had a lot of connection issues last night, and missed a lot of the flying as a result, which was disappointing.

Thank you for hosting, OG!

• Like 1

The normal picture of me on these Friday evenings 😂.
But hey, still have great fun!

2019-07-05.jpg

• Like 1

Since the Last Update My Server has continued to have Issues, to many crashes!!  I don't like the update, I did not buy ROF 2014, I bought Flying Circus 2018,  I will no longer support 1C or 777 with my funds. I have met a lot of Great people on Friday Nights and I wish you all the best. Both GCF & Darkowl have my Missions. I will no longer be running a server in Flying Circus.. Blue Skies.. OG_FC

That's a shame OG, you've put so much work into this.

Have you raised a ticket or anything like that yet ?

Maybe you could take a couple of days out and re-visit this..

Salute !

• Like 1

The server is just another one in the List of Issues I have talked with 1C about. With the update and the change of the flight models it is just not enjoyable for me to fly any more. I hope in the future updates they will fix what ever the issue is but I guess I have just given up any hope.. Blue Skies..

• Sad 1