GCF

Friday Flyin on the Volunteer Fighter Group {Old Geezers} Server

The Friday, weekly, Flying Circus, Flyin.

When : Friday, the 3rd May 2019

Time :  19:00 to 00:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 01:00 UK Time

21:00 to 02:00  Central European Time
            15:00 to 21:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : Old Geezers Server

Type : 5 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

A very big thank you to OG_FC for the use of his, very interesting and enjoyable Server for the Friday Flyin, thanks for all your hard work.

Welcome to the Old Geezers Server. No Team Killing, No Warning you will be Kicked!! Good Luck to All!!! 

Warning Observation Ballons are protected by Heavy Ground Fire Approach with Caution!! 

The OG server has 3 missions in rotation, here are the briefings.

OG The Great War

Brief :  World War I began in 1914, after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, and lasted until 1918. During the conflict, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire (the Central Powers) fought against Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, Romania, Japan and the United States (the Allied Powers). Thanks to new military technologies and the horrors of trench warfare, World War I saw unprecedented levels of carnage and destruction. By the time the war was over and the Allied Powers claimed victory, more than 16 million people—soldiers and civilians alike—were dead. 

Map : Prokhorovka

Allies Plane set  :  Spad 13/ Dolphin

Axis Plane set : DR1/ D3A

Location France  SE Belguim 19:40 Hrs

Conditions Heavy cloud Cover @ 1500m. Wind Light 090@5KLM @ Take Off

Allies : 94th Persuit Sq & Royal Flying Corp #201 Sq.

Fly an Armed Recon of the Front from Sector 0708 - 0508 watch for ground and Air Activity Destroy any Enemy Oppisition you                                Encounter That Is All Dissmissed!!

AxisJasta 1,2,&5 HQ Chanuy

Airfield Fly an Armed Recon of the Front from Sectors 0608-0808 Destroy any oppisition you encounter. Warning Observation Ballons                     are heavly Gaurded Approach with caution!! Good luck to All.

OG The Second Battle of the Marne

Brief :  The Second Battle of the Marne (French: Seconde Bataille de la Marne) (15 July – 6 August 1918) was the last major German offensive on the Western Front during the First World War. The attack failed when an Allied counterattack, supported by several hundred tanks, overwhelmed the Germans on their right flank, inflicting severe casualties. The German defeat marked the start of the relentless Allied advance which culminated in the Armistice with Germany about 100 days later.  

Map : Moscow

Situation : The Germans have Bulged the Line 22nm wide from Chateau Thierry to Colonas thet have captured many valuable resourses including the R/R and equipment and are moving supplies all along the front. Allied Forces Must stop the trains and Germans must protect Them.

Location France 06:30 Hrs

Conditions Wind light @030 For 5kl/m @ Takeoff. Partly cloudy Skies.

Allies : St. Michel 92nd FS & Royal Flying Corp

Our Objective is two pronged Destroy the Epenary Rail Bridge & Drain the German Fighter Protection just west of the Bridge. The                         Germans are well supplied and dug in all along the front.

AxisWe must spread our fighter protection to cover the Epenary Rail Bridge as well as the R/R Line itself. The Allies will targeting the Bridge lets be prepared. Wipe the skies of there Fighters..

OG The Battle of Tannenburg

Brief The Battle of Tannenberg was fought between Russia and Germany between the 26th and 30th of August 1914, the first month of World War I. The battle resulted in the almost complete destruction of the Russian Second Army and the suicide of its commanding general, Alexander Samsonov. A series of follow-up battles destroyed most of the First Army as well and kept the Russians off balance until the spring of 1915. The battle is particularly notable for fast rail movements by the Germans, enabling them to concentrate against each of the two Russian armies in turn, and also for the failure of the Russians to encode their radio messages. It brought considerable prestige to Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg and his rising staff-officer Erich Ludendorff.

Map : Prokhorovka

Conditions1630 hrs wind light 0deg.@ 4klm @ Takeoff.

Allied : Tannenburg Airfield Home of the 103rd Sq / & The Royal Flying Corps.

Fly a southern patrol from sectors 0204-0504 Flght Alt 1000m +- Pilots choice. U2Vs AIR START.  A German Troop Train has crossed                the Line  in Sector 303-KP5 we believe the Troops are headed to Ogasville Priority Target!! 

Axis : (Imperial German Flying Corps) or simply Die Fliegertruppe 

Patrol North from sector 0204- 0504 flght alt 800m + Pilots choice. U2vs AIR START A Russian Supply Column was just spotted                         heading south on Highway 11 out of Ogasville we believe they are going to try and breech the line in Sector 304-KP2 Priority Target!!

Thanks again

S!

paul 

" Warning Observation Ballons are protected by Heavy Ground Fire Approach like a Bat Out of Hell !! "

Fixed that for you S!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GCF Thanks for a great event last night, had a blast although not able to finish flying having you guys on the server was very cool and very enjoyable... looking forward to doing it again in the future. Thanks &  Blue Skies to everybody involved.... 

• Thanks 1

A big thanks to all who flew last night, had loads of fun, thank you.

3 hours ago, OG_FC said:

GCF Thanks for a great event last night, had a blast although not able to finish flying having you guys on the server was very cool and very enjoyable... looking forward to doing it again in the future. Thanks &  Blue Skies to everybody involved.... 

Your more than welcome, thank you for providing the server for last night, had a blast !! looking forward to next friday.

• Like 1

When : Friday, the 10th May 2019

Where : Old Geezers Server

Type : 5 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Flyin.

A very big thank you to OG_FC for the use of his, very interesting and enjoyable Server for the Friday Flyin, thanks for all your hard work.

Welcome to the Old Geezers Server. No Team Killing, No Warning you will be Kicked!! Good Luck to All!!! 

Posted (edited)

Two new missions in the rotation for this Friday on the 10th. 1 Close encounters, {Kuban}. 

2 The Battle for Flemish Bay Map { Kuban }

3 Close Encounters 2 Across the Volga  Map {Stalingrad} 

Special Thanks to GCF & Woodrow Call for help in testing the missions been having a blast. Great teamwork yesterday Woodrow, & Thank You very much for the OG skin.

Blue Skies OG

Woodrow Call & Myself headed out across the Volga

Across The Volga.jpg

Edited by OG_FC
  • Upvote 1

Good evening all.

Friday Night Fights Brought to you by GCF Missions by OG_FC. No Team killing No Warning you will be Kicked..

First Mission

Operation Close Encounters Kuban Map.

Mission Time 90 min or 160 points

October 16th / 1916 0650 Hrs. Wind 270 @ 6klm @ Takeoff, Breoken and scattered above 1800m Visability exellent.

3 different missions 90 min long, starting with sunrise mission at 19h00 GMT on Old Geezers server

All welcome !

Server is up now, will will restart with first mission in 15 minutes

Good luck and have fun !

S!

Paul

good morning all

Thank you very much to all who where flying last night, had great fun.

thanks again

S!

paul

• Like 2

Outstanding Night Best turnout so Far, I think it is safe to say everyone had a good time, I know I did. Cya Next Friday.

• Upvote 1

When : Friday, the 17th May 2019

Thanks again

S!

paul  

Friday Flyin 17th May 2019 , 19h00 GMT Briefing

Welcome to Friday Night Fights, Brought to You By GCF,  Missions By OG_FC. No Team killing No Warning You will be kicked!!  NO AI . Mission length 1h30.

The Battle of Twin Lakes
Each side has an Air Start & A Ground Start Airfield ( The RTB Airfield )
Map : Stalingrad-42 Winter
Conditions : 0830 Hours, 11th December 1917. Heavy Cloud Cover above 1600m. Wind Light 180 @ 4klm at take off. Chance of Percip.50%
Mission : Destroy all Enemy you see. Get up and get to it, Have fun and Good Luck to All.

Barnyard & Potato Field (Close Encounters. 4)
Map : Moscow Autumn
Conditions : 1330 Hours, 18th October 1917. Temp 9c Light Snow wind light @3klm @ od @ Takeoff Overcast Skies above 1000m
Mission : Allies : We have taken over the Barnyard of a Local  Farmer &  have set up a temporary Field to Launch our Operations The Hun is just a few klicks away flying out of a Potato Field near the village of Gorstovo. We must push them back to the east. Launch asap and destroy them!  Good Luck !!
                 Axis : Listen UP we have taken over the Potato Field at Gorstovo as a temp.Airfield.  Ivan is just a stone's throw away to the NE we must get our Aircraft in the air Now and protect the progress we have made so far. Good Luck!!

Mission Three
Map : Kuban Autumn
Conditions : 1630 hrs, 15th September 1917. Wind Light 3klm #@ 310dg@ Takeoff. Light cloud cover Broken & Scattered above 1500m.
Mission : Allies : The French Air Force (French: Armée de l'Air  literally Army of the Air)

Cambrai Field The Huns are Knocking on the door, all Along the Front, they are just SE flying out of Saint Quenten Field draw them up and destroy Them!!
                Axis : The Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte German Air Force)Kaiserreiches (Imperial German Flying Corps)

Saint Quenten Field. The French are well dug in & Supplied all along the Front they are flying just to our Nw out of Cambrai Field draw them up & Destroy them...

Thanks again

S!

paul  

• Like 1

Good Evening all !!

Flying Circus Friday Flyin starts in 30 min, All welcome, Good luck and have fun !

No Ai in any missions tonight.

Axis and Allied voice chanels and a general FC voice channel are avalible here, https://discord.gg/SJEEyx  again all welcome. and on OG_FC's Team Speak.

S!

paul

PS i will hopefully be recording some of tonights event

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Was alotta fun tonight ! Loved it ; 2 kills  ; so , a good one……..

Edited by OG_Emmer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had fun today, thanks for the host (OG) and all the involved parties. Good showing, and the maps got nicer as well. Good fun.

• Like 2

Thanks to All who flew tonight Looking forward to doing it again Blue Skies..

• Thanks 2

Thank you all for flying tonight !

Special thanks to OG_FC for all the work on the missions and hosting tonight's Friday Flyin on The Old Geezers server. Really looking forward to next week Sir, Salute ! 

Lovely flying in snow, in a winter wonderland full of very angry Camel's, Dolphins and Spads trying to kill me, had a great time.

Salute All !

• Like 1

4K VR Recordings of tonight's Flyin Recorded most of the night, will add videos as they are uploaded

Part One

• Like 3

Awesome Video We had some awesome pilots on the server last Night,  Very enjoyable evening.. Blue Skies..

• Thanks 1

Part Two

4K VR Recordings of tonight's Flyin Recorded most of the night, will add videos as they are uploaded

Part Three

• Like 1

I saw so many Camels  I was counting them in my sleep. Kudos to Seawolf for trying to make a case for the Dolphin.

• Upvote 2

Part Four 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GCF said:

Part Four

As a matter of interest, how are you using the German collimator sight?

Just now, Cynic_Al said:

As a matter of interest, how are you using the German collimator sight?

Purely eye candy.

Posted (edited)

i use it for quick reference when shooting, both eyes open.

Edited by GCF

9 hours ago, GCF said:

i use it for quick reference when shooting, both eyes open.

Perhaps something is being lost in translation from VR, but for it to be of any use, you must align your view with the sight so that it appears as below, otherwise it's useless.

collimator.jpg.9620be6898c25d8daf7c793fc48428be.jpg

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Perhaps something is being lost in translation from VR, but for it to be of any use, you must align your view with the sight so that it appears as below, otherwise it's useless.

collimator.jpg.9620be6898c25d8daf7c793fc48428be.jpg

i understand now to record in VR i centre the view in the headset mirror, so i do in game see that sight picture just like you pic in my right eye, with both eyes open, but due to you seeing a centred view for recording, you are not seeing the actual yellow dot and circle, i see in my right eye. hope this makes more sense.

Part Five

New Mission "All Along the Front"

Edited by GCF
  • Like 1

Final Video of the night.

Part Six

Thanks all who where flying, and a big thanks to OG_FC for hosting the event, Salute to all involved.

Really looking forwards to next Friday nights event.

• Like 1

When : Friday, the 24th May 2019

Thanks again

S!

paul  

Posted (edited)

Looking Forward to another great Friday Event/ Couple new mission in the mix this week.  I hope you don't get mad at me Paul for doing this GCF will not be attending the Flyin tonight,   He had surgery this morning, Please join me in sending some Good Wishes to Paul, and hopes for a Speedy Recovery.

Edited by OG_FC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Friday Flyin starts in 15 minutes 

It's still 16:50h GMT time. Did you guys changed the starting time?

4 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

It's still 16:50h GMT time. Did you guys changed the starting time?

hi sorry, it is still 1900, if times got mixed up , most likely my fault, gave OG_FC the times before going into hospital this morning, my mind was a bit preoccupied, the event will be every Friday at 19:00 GMT on the Old Geezers Server. 

thanks for flying

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I am sorry I thought it was 1700 my fault Thank everyone for flying tonight, great Pilots a lot of awesome fights to bad my eyesight is so bad would of loved to fly more!! Blue Skies..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Fly-in was awesome always glad to fly with you guys thx to GCF for creating said event and Thx to OG_FC for the server and everyone else who joined in. (correct me if i did not give proper credit) I'm looking for skinning work because heck i just like editing dds. files for the aircraft so if you want something done. I don't judge what you want on your plane so shoot me a message and you can check out my page for examples of some work i do and i also have footage i will upload tomorrow from today's event. WARNING SYMBOLS ARE NOT CENSORED!!! i will work on fixing this on my page tomorrow.

Edited by TitanSlayer63
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very Nice Titan And Welcome to the Old Geezers Squad glad to have you on board.

• Like 2