GCF

" Clash of the Coconuts " The New, Regular, Flying Circus, Thursday Event.

hello all and good afternoon, hope everyone is having a good day so far !!!

" Is it a plane ..... ? is it a bird ..... ? oh my god, batman !!! Its Coconuts !!! Damn masses of Coconuts, batman !!! "

" Alert !!! Alert !!! Alert !!! Mass Coconuts Incoming ..... !!! "

When : Thursday, the 14th February 2019

Time :  19:00 to 02:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 03:00  Central European Time
            13:00 to 20:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : Coconut's dynamic campaign server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass (drop in & drop out anytime) dynamic campaign.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

NB ! Please remember this is not a mass dogfight server, this is a dynamic campaign server, so please do not change sides , please do not just crash planes, there are only limited numbers of planes, per airfield, per campaign, please return them. Every player progress is tracked and recorded, there is a lot more going on in this campaign than just a Multiplayer Server, please feel free join join up so you can see your data and other players data. Here is the link to the website for the dynamic campaign http://coconutside.eu:8082/en/ 

I would like to say a Massive Thank You ! to Coconuts and all who have who worked on the Coconuts Dynamic Campaign, to give us all a very Interesting, Enjoyable and Extremely Dynamic Campaign. My hat off to you Sir Coconut, it sure is one might fine server you have created Sir, congratulations.

PS. Please, as OP i would like to request, that this thread stay on topic, which is a Flying Circus event and do not wish this thread to become a discussion point , or thread for ROF, or a discussion of FC v ROF, or anything else to do with ROF, thanks.

Edited by GCF
new update for this weeks event
  • Like 2

I'm not knocking  this idea at all, and I don't want to re-visit the whole "which one is better" debate but I will point this out.  Just as your Sunday event competes with Vintage Mission in ROF for players, the only other weekly get together in ROF is the Thursday night fly-in hosted by JG1 and US103.  

you might want to consider another night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

I'm not knocking  this idea at all, and I don't want to re-visit the whole "which one is better" debate but I will point this out.  Just as your Sunday event competes with Vintage Mission in ROF for players, the only other weekly get together in ROF is the Thursday night fly-in hosted by JG1 and US103.  

you might want to consider another night.

hi to be honest it did occur to me , but thursday night was the best night, for me, personally, thats why i chose it, As for ROF, the opionin i have is ROF is a long established game with many events of many different nights of the week, but FC only has 1 event, and now hopefully 2 events a week. the FC events are 6 hours long, informal drop in drop out event, made this way so people can attend other events and if they feel like it, join FC events later, please remember not all FC players attend ROF events.

• Like 1

Hi Paul

Is this event instead of Sunday?

Stupid question and sorry to ask, but with limited aircraft does that mean first come first served?

Ron. S.

no mate completely new event, so two FC events

Sunday, still dogfight  furball this week being held again Jasta 5 server, i pasted on all your feedback to the Jasta 5 people.

Thursday is FC Campaign on Coconuts FC server.

5 hours ago, NO.610jailor said:

Hi Paul

Is this event instead of Sunday?

Stupid question and sorry to ask, but with limited aircraft does that mean first come first served?

Ron. S.

sorry forgot to mention, the missions only last 2 hours so don't think there will be a problem, but don't know anything about servers, Coconuts never mentioned it as a concern. so think we all good.

18 hours ago, NO.610jailor said:

but with limited aircraft does that mean first come first served?

I think I'll reset the campaign today before the event. This should make sure there's enough planes for everyone at the front airfield. As the campaign advances, one of the sides might find itself forced to fly from further back due to depleted front airfields. Typically not an issue in a WWII setting, I have my doubts on how this would work for WWI given the slower speeds. We'll see as we go...

• Thanks 2

Just a reminder, T - 1 hour to the start of the Clash of the Coconuts event, all welcome.

6 hours ago, HellCat_ said:

Damn by the time I got there it was empty 😧 ....Hope people showed....

Yes people showed, for the first 3 1/2 hours, i personally say max of 13 players at one time , but checked the stats on Coconuts site And shows 15 players where in one mission and 9 players online in the mission after that one, but they are total scores, average was 8 - 10 for most of the first half of the event, the lowest was 3 per side. i know at one time in the night we had 4 - 5 on each side , with each side being on its own voice channel, one axis, one allied, on the Irregulars discord channel.

i am thinking for having a second agreed time for the US side of the pond to start up, as i think people may be loging in US times and no one online the leaving, and everyone is doing the same thing.

Thank you to all for flying last night , hope you all had fun and a good time, i sure did, it was great guys thanks. i have two shortish videos thats i will be uploading to a screenshot and recording thread of the Clash of the Coconuts, event.

S!

paul

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify, this is a regular weekly event, held every Thursday night from now on.

hello all and good afternoon, hope everyone is having a good day so far !!!

" Is it a plane ..... ? is it a bird ..... ? oh my god, batman !!! Its Coconuts !!! Damn masses of Coconuts, batman !!! "

" Alert !!! Alert !!! Alert !!! Mass Coconuts Incoming ..... !!! "

When : Thursday, the 14th February 2019

Time :  19:00 to 02:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 03:00  Central European Time
            13:00 to 20:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : Coconut's dynamic campaign server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass (drop in & drop out anytime) dynamic campaign.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

NB ! Please remember this is not a mass dogfight server, this is a dynamic campaign server, so please do not change sides , please do not just crash planes, there are only limited numbers of planes, per airfield, per campaign, please return them. Every player progress is tracked and recorded, there is a lot more going on in this campaign than just a Multiplayer Server, please feel free join join up so you can see your data and other players data. Here is the link to the website for the dynamic campaign http://coconutside.eu:8082/en/ 

I would like to say a Massive Thank You ! to Coconuts and all who have who worked on the Coconuts Dynamic Campaign, to give us all a very Interesting, Enjoyable and Extremely Dynamic Campaign. My hat off to you Sir Coconut, it sure is one might fine server you have created Sir, congratulations.

PS. Please, as OP i would like to request, that this thread stay on topic, which is a Flying Circus event and do not wish this thread to become a discussion point , or thread for ROF, or a discussion of FC v ROF, or anything else to do with ROF, thanks.

Edited just now by GCF 
new update for this weeks event