3.IAP_Vasilij

Strong cannons now weak?

We are talking about a WW2 realistic historic flight simulator or a simple Arcade Game proposal ? Like a fire counter plane strike . 

6 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

Interesting. 

Now if that were to be set server-wide, it could solve a lot of the problems mentioned in this thread. 

It actually causes more problems.  People will keep shooting long after the game has rewarded them with a kill just to make sure they get credit.  That leads to a lot of angry comments in the chat.  It makes the server a lot more unpleasant.

• Upvote 1

Back to the topic at hand I think the smaller caliber cannons are performing as they should in most cases, the thing is it would be almost impossible to visually show the destruction caused by these rounds so it gives the impression that they aren't as damaged as they actually are. The larger caliber cannons are the ones I would like to see a little more performance out of, but other than that the new DM was a massive improvement. 

Personally when I throw an eye at the stats (mines and everyone's else) I first look at the number of deaths.

Edited by Solmyr
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It actually causes more problems.  People will keep shooting long after the game has rewarded them with a kill just to make sure they get credit.  That leads to a lot of angry comments in the chat.  It makes the server a lot more unpleasant.

new stonger airplanes also lead to more ppl staying on airplane longer just to make sure others dont steal it, before when wings were to easy to brake there was less kill steal conflict

29 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

new stonger airplanes also lead to more ppl staying on airplane longer just to make sure others dont steal it, before when wings were to easy to brake there was less kill steal conflict

It also provides more opportunities to shoot down people who are fixated longer on a possible victim.

• Like 1

Yes, starting the hundredth thread about the same thing, garnished with invalid (multiplayer anyone?) video "proof" on outdated game versions surely makes things much better.

:drinks:

Mike

Nope. More like online lag on an outdated game version and more like another useless thread duplication on a way old issue.

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 2

Wow these Pe-2 is like B-17 :)   And moroever after many hits from FW 190s it was still capable to make bomb run and drop.  I suppose Fw 190s which attacked these Pe2 got heavy damages from gunners

Alhought new DM got more possibilites now the fact is that all cannons are just waaaayyyyy to weak and need to be fixed. Like someone said it is good for arcade game but not for simulator.

Edited by 303_Kwiatek
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

I don't think, it's was happened in real life:

That video was already explained that its not showing DM problem of Pe2, but simple netcode problem on laggy mission on WoL server and its outdated bullet data that get registerded mutch later then player shooting see it in that video

if you see video with Il-2 geting hit by 400+ bullets and serviving that, reaserch it also youll be suprised that its not also uber DM of il-2 at play there 😄

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

That video was already explained that its not showing DM problem of Pe2, but simple netcode problem on laggy mission on WoL server and its outdated bullet data that get registerded mutch later then player shooting see it in that video

if you see video with Il-2 geting hit by 400+ bullets and serviving that, reaserch it also youll be suprised that its not also uber DM of il-2 at play there 😄

Yes I saw that, on Vade youtuber, right?

1 minute ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

Yes I saw that, on Vade youtuber, right?

yes he faked that thing better then moon landings lol

Frankly, I like the new damage model, even though the minengeschoss do not work as they should. It forced me to improve my aim, right now, I hit center mass(canopy mostly) with my burst and the planes go down shortly after that. Thanks to this I became engine sniper and more importantly, pilot sniper.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:20 AM, bzc3lk said:

I bet they weren't disregarding their lives to pad their scores...

I do understand your point, but history shows that real life pilots did just that very thing.

You can read examples of this in just about any unit history from any nation during WWII - sometimes pilots got away with it, but many times they also went down.

• Upvote 1

must say that most complaints about gun damage have come from axis pilots about their cannons ... while i will say 21 rounds is a bit much... and yes i know that video was net code related... blowing a big hole in the wing will degrade performance but a 20mm has about half the explosive power of the 30mm. 

also following the logic used by the axis pilots .. every time a P-40 or P-47 hits an aircraft it should catch on fire and whatever it hits should fall off the aircraft considering that a P-47 fires at a rate of 108 rounds per second with all 8 guns firing...and also considering there is not to much gun spread in this game 108 holes in a wing root is more than enough to make it fall of the aircraft if you add in G forces an weight. I read somewhere that the average Luftwaffe pilot used between 8 and 24 round per kill from their 20mm cannons ... yes some of them are misses but also you have to bring into account that all ww2 pilots had nowhere near the number of flight hours/ combats or dogfights as any armchair ace... ive been flying sims for 22 years and i like ground pounding the most and im not an amazing fighter pilot by any stretch but let me tell you i have well over 356 kills this year and that's the highest air to air score in history... period so yeah if the cannons are a little weak i think its fine because most kills i see online are made at 400+ yards and most people have their convergence at 400+meters... while most air forces had their convergences set to 250-300 yards max. so what your asking is the best possible performance from your chosen aircraft with the amount of practice with gunnery that no pilot in history ever had... so you want the instant kill... 

personally the weaker cannon damage in this situation just improves the sim realism as except for the desert star no pilots were ever consistently taking down an enemy with 3-5 cannon rounds... so what i see is people who have hundreds of thousands of flight hours and 10-20 dogfights a night bitching because its actually hard to make a kill when your combat envelope is 3-5 times larger and longer than reality... come on guys embrace the damn challenge.. 

and  before anyone starts jumping on my stats ... i play purely for fun. so stats mean nothing to me and i spend time on almost every aircraft... but i do study ww2 history ... and this is the first game i have ever played were the MGs do damage like they should ... even if the cannons are a little off... also i will point out that if you look at the gun camera footage you will see that catastrophic damage was rare... yes most of those kills were with .50 cals but seriously at least two were from P-38s with 20mm and they didn't blow whole wings of in one or two hits... so do some research before complaining about cannons ... also the video with the 30mm was crap it was shot at 100 yards pure rear aspect perfectly aimed for max damage. so yeah a perfect hit would do alot of damage .. .but that was from behind with a solid hit flat and firm again the main spar.. so that just showed the maximum possible damage without any variables... so keep it in your pants boys 30mm cannons are nasty but they are not one shot kills every time... and once again look into the explosive loads on the 20mm compared to the 30mm there is a big difference. 

so give them time ... and hold on the game gets boring when people who have and average accuracy air to air much higher than any real life pilot  kill an aircraft first shot every time... also just in case anyone wondered the hispano 20mm and the jap 20mm were actually more destructive than the German 20.. it just had more explosive in the shell and actually had a tendency to detonate on the surface of a target not inside like the 30

32 minutes ago, [Pb]Boxcar said:

personally the weaker cannon damage in this situation just improves the sim realism

You gotta be trolling, right?

• Upvote 1

Try the new update, cannon damage is much improved imo. Did some testing and took a P-47s wind off in one pass. Only a few 30mm hits not sure how many though. No more than 1-2 imo.

• Upvote 1

Kota last night.....ouch!

Hit by mg fire and two thirty mil rounds.  First one removed all the tail control surfaces.  Second one removed the tail.

Edited by DD_Arthur

On 2/4/2019 at 8:09 PM, Arthur-A said:

You gotta be trolling, right?

not it the slightest ... there is a balance all sims need to remember the amount of experience of real pilots and sim pilots ... tell me you dont have about 30K hours into sims.... the highest combat flight hours  i have heard of is 5k in real life also you dont have to worry about dying  at least not the same way... oh no my stats... not oh my god im never gonna see my family or friends again... let me tell you they are way different. so weekening cannons so it takes closer to the same number of rounds to make a kill as average in real life actually helps the sim.