334th_KMA

334th Eagle Squadron

Hi all.

I'm pleased to announce that 334th are now officially active in IL-2 Great Battles. 

The 334th are one of the oldest, if not the oldest, active squadrons in the IL-2 series. We can trace our roots back to around 2001 and have a vast cumulative wealth of experience flying simulators, along with some good PC knowledge which helps us bring our A game to flying simulators. We've only been here a few months and are already making an impact on some of the full real servers and are beginning to enjoy our flying here very much.

You've probably seen a few of us around in servers online, as myself and our squadron are still working up our combat skills and getting used to the aircraft and maps here.
We like to fly together in organised missions on full real servers, and co-ordinate on our own teamspeak server, (details below). We mostly populate full real servers and mostly fly Allied aircraft (it's a target rich environment), but can sometimes be found in the duel zone in Berloga using a variety of aircraft, where we can intensively train in dogfight scenarios. Much depends on what we need to do as a squadron and the needs of those who are flying at the time. Fun is the main reason we come together and it's something that draws us all in further. Working together as a team helps us get more out of the sim, and the laughs and jokes and stories we share while flying make it a really incredible experience and I'd liken it to being in a bar with your friends.

We have active pilots from Europe, the USA, Canada and Australia, so cover a few different timezones. Our most active pilots are currently in Europe, and we can be found online from about 1900-2000 GMT until about 23-2400 GMT weekdays. On weekends, we could be online at any time, but usually this is in the evenings from 1900 GMT onwards.

Our dedicated flight night is on Sundays and we start around 1800 GMT, sometimes with a few people and gradually increasing in numbers as the evening progresses.

If you would like to fly with us, everyone is welcome to join us on our Teamspeak Server (details below) and come and join in the fun. If we're in a channel you have no access to, send one of us a poke or message via teamspeak and we'll come and speak to you or drag you into a channel we're in.

We're also interested in recruiting new members to the squadron. We're quite unique in the respect we have no requirement for our members to turn up. It's kind of a "fly when you can" attitude we have had for years. We all have a life and for some that means family, kids or work commitments, so rest assured we are pretty laid back. If joining our squadron interests you, the first step is to join our teamspeak and fly with us when you are around. We're interested in increasing membership of European pilots, but more specifically Australian and US/Canadian/South American based flyers to fly with our members already in those locations, as currently we have low numbers in that part of the world. That being said, it does not matter where you are in the world, if you can fly at the times we do, by all means come and say hello. We do not discriminate and do not tolerate discrimination. We are interested in experienced pilots and pilots new to simulator flying. We can offer our vast experience in helping people get the most out of flying and will help shorten the learning curve as we have members who are highly experienced fighters and bombers and people with the technical knowledge to tweak your PC's settings to give you the best possible experience.

We have a website, but this has become inactive as most people have migrated to social media and generally don't frequent forums. To keep things going from a squadron perspective, we have embraced this and are highly active on our facebook group (details below), where you can find discussions about Flight Sims, General and Military aviation, stories and discussion about WW2, and my passion for aircraft restoration and restored warbirds.

To those who join our facebook group, please note we do not allow discussion on Politics, Religion, or things of a personal nature at any time. We're there for flight sims and our love of WW2, Military aviation, aviation in general and other military topics. We occasionally touch on these subjects briefly and vaguely in teamspeak, but if any discussion gets out of hand then it will be stopped.

As a squadron, regrettably we can not accept people under the age of 18 yrs. Our language can get colourful (putting it mildly) and we'd like to maintain the often silly and funny but adult environment we have, because it's a great place to be.

Senior Officers and Contact Details

CO - 334th Virtue (crazy ass Finn)
XO - 334th_KMA (crazy ass Brit)

Facebook - 334th Eagle Squadron Group  or search facebook for 334thES and send a request to join our group)

Teamspeak:
IP: ts53.gameservers.com:9338
PW: letmein

We do not have discord. You will need teamspeak if you wish to fly with us. TS is free, very easy to use, and gives us total control over our comms.

1530141822_fbcover2019b.thumb.jpg.cbce4434e05f7a0a1741711f889283f7.jpg

Edited by 334th_KMA
mistake .... doh

Hi Ripper.

Nice avatar ;)

The Squadron has been going very strongly and consistently for almost 20 years, and steeped in history, so there is not any realistic chance of the name changing.

When we fly we fly in honour of all the Eagle Squadrons, RAF and USAAF, so they are all in our minds when we fly, and definitely were when we visited RAF Debden in September last year to lay a wreath at the 4th FG Memorial. I also make it a point to talk to our lads about the history of the Eagle Squadrons from what I've learned about the real squadrons who flew from Debden during the war and how the squadrons came into existance and the sacrifices they made.

Members of our squadron have remained highly active throughout the years and we still keep attracting pilots. We have around 20 or so pilots from around the globe and already we're attracting new ones in Great Battles having only been here a few months, so it seems the squadron has a good future.

I notice from your link you don't have much time to commit to flying, so it might suit you to join us for some flights. Come and join us on comms and see if you like it. You don't have to join our squadron and can retain your tags if you just want to fly with us when you have the time.

S! and thank you for your reply.

DSC07902a.jpg

Edited by 334th_KMA

Thanks 334th_KMA for you message. These are the three main websites I have referred to for the longest time with regards to the Eagle squadrons who became the 4thFG. http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/4th-fighter-group/  http://www.4thfightergroupassociation.org/ http://www.americanairmuseum.com/unit/485

My brother live in Salisbury 😀 I have not touched a combat sim in years! So the learning curve for my buddy and I has been steep lol! Last night I learned how to create coop missions in BOB (very basic) so we could do just some basic practice! I am licensed Commercial Pilot with Multi-Engine Instrument Ratings but I have been inactive flying in the real world since 2004 and I have been mainly flying X-Plane 11 lately. 

Tonight I am working on my key bindings for my aging Saitek AV8R-01 (aviator) joystick with the software to allow me to program 24 buttons. My PC specs are the following and I have not re-invested in Track IR  yet (I used to have one) but that is next on the list since I VR is expensive and I would have to upgrade my video card. once I feel a little more comfortable I will join you one night.

i7 7700k Kaby Lake 4.2 Ghz OC@4.8 Ghz
MSI GTX 970 (OC)
Gigabyte GA-270X Ultra Gaming
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4-3866
NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler, 
2X 500 GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD's (Win 10)

• Like 1

@334th_KMA Hello KMA, I do not know if it is a bug in Facebook but I joined the page and introduced myself but then the messages were removed for some reason! I do not have a Facebook Account so I created one sing my call sign only. 

Got this message even thought there was nothing offensive!  Cheers!

This post goes against our Community Standards on spam!
Edited by 334th_Ripper*

20 hours ago, 334th_Ripper* said:

@334th_KMA Hello KMA, I do not know if it is a bug in Facebook but I joined the page and introduced myself but then the messages were removed for some reason! I do not have a Facebook Account so I created one sing my call sign only. 

Got this message even thought there was nothing offensive!  Cheers!

This post goes against our Community Standards on spam!

Hey Ripper, 

Just seen this post thanks to Virtue who just told me. Those messages you recieved were part of facebook's efforts to annoy people with new accounts. You had replies from everyone, don't know if you saw them. I will PM you with details on how to combat this.

Hi Guys.

Back in the days... Was it 334th that started USL? Was Prince the member of your squad?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 3:44 AM, Svejk said:

Hi Guys.

Back in the days... Was it 334th that started USL? Was Prince the member of your squad?

Yes the 334th were those who were involved in setting up USL, albeit before my time in the squadron. As for if Prince was a member, maybe @334th_Virtue
 can answer that ... he's sufficiently long in the tooth enough 🤣

We'd love to see some sort of squad based tournament here, but as we're just getting our feet in the door here, it might be a bit "early days" yet.
However, if there are people interested in discussing the matter, by all means drop by our comms, maybe it could come to fruition earlier than we think. Ideas are swirling around the head already after seeing how many squads are here.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, ITAF_Rani said:

Salute to 334 !!

Salute  @ITAF_Rani ... thanks for the welcome.

S Fellas !      Yes  USL Was original product of 334th Main core and Heavily leaned towards Prince shoulders also.  He was a legend .  Afterwards USL was runned by other team.    I was flying  in USL  2 seasons as OP and CP . And yes i have USL Winner badge  💀 .   

We are lucky to be  one of those teams still operative .   So there it goes thanks to all old , new and to come generations of 334th pilots.

S  Gents

334th CO

11709652_10153052261948175_1514743396011874121_n.jpg